Samsung Galaxy S III launching June 20th in Canada?

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
At least that's what's being reported here.

Samsung Galaxy S III launching June 20th? | MobileSyrup.com

"We?ve been hearing several launch dates, such as the June 20th date that?s listed in the above screenshot. The first day of Summer is June 20th and would ever so smoothly fall in line with what Samsung?s official press release quoted ?in time for the summer.? Future Shop and Best Buy also confirmed that they will have the GS III available when it launches and we?re also hearing that pre-orders will go live on May 30th."

mike31082

Jul 26, 2010
Visit site
I'm sure the only reason it has been "delayed" in the US, is to try and launch it as close as possible to the iPhone 5's release.

I'm torn between either choice, coming from an Evo 4G and switching to Verizon either way. The only thing keeping from for definitely picking the G3 over an iPhone is the TouchWiz interface. It looks horrendous compared to HTC's Sense.

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Samsung will tell Verizon the phone is ready to sell, 2 months later Verizon will launch it with little to no advertising then a month later Verizon will forget it exists because it isn't Droid branded.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
I'm sure the only reason it has been "delayed" in the US, is to try and launch it as close as possible to the iPhone 5's release.

I'm torn between either choice, coming from an Evo 4G and switching to Verizon either way. The only thing keeping from for definitely picking the G3 over an iPhone is the TouchWiz interface. It looks horrendous compared to HTC's Sense.

I think they would prefer launching as far ahead as possible. Minimize returns, maximize the lead time. Kind of like launching Avengers ahead of Batman. Don't want the direct competition as long as it can be avoided.

Sent from my Samsung SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

mu5icpimp

Dec 29, 2011
Visit site
I don't think it is delayed due to the iPhone 5 release. I think it is delayed due to carrier testing and also the swap of the proc and the LTE radio.

The GS2 was out for almost 6 months in Europe before it came stateside.

Pugwash Guy

May 27, 2012
Visit site
This had better not be true. I had been told by at least 3 different retailers that the 3 would not be out til around Christmas. Is this just a ploy to dump the 2......I would have waited a bit longer to get the 3. If it does come out in June....I wil be some pissed off.....

snoopyandroid

Apr 10, 2012
Visit site
This had better not be true. I had been told by at least 3 different retailers that the 3 would not be out til around Christmas. Is this just a ploy to dump the 2......I would have waited a bit longer to get the 3. If it does come out in June....I wil be some pissed off.....

Most people on the S3 forums here would disagree with you and are looking forward to a June release as opposed to a December release. I know I WON'T be pissed if it comes out in June!!!

Reactions: equishd
May 19, 2012
Visit site

umm...you have got to be one of, if not the only person that would be pissed if it comes out sooner than later. That's like saying, boy i hope this amazing state of the art piece of technology doesn't come out soon, because i sure don't want to have something awesome.

Also, if you've been reading anything about projected release dates (which are plastered all over the internet) you would see that there is absolutely no mention what so ever about this device being released in november! LMAO.

So those retailers are either special ed or are soo out of touch with the mobile world that it's a wonder how they even have a job.

lol...i just can't get over how anyone would be upset about a release date not taking longer...it's like against human nature. it doesn't make sense to me.

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site

Be prepared to get pissed off. It may not come out in June, maybe July or Aug. But definitley not as late as Christmas.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
crazyload03