05-29-2012 12:17 PM
36 12
tools
    I am hating the S3 extremely fast

After loading some apps and songs, this thing started lagging.

The screen gets stuck a lot at start up

The screen does not always turn off when making a call

Battery life, not much of difference, i can only get one day of use out of it.

When i make a call through the headset, the screen switches on and off in a long call for no good reason.

The eye feature never works.

Shall i keep the HTC and get rid of the samsung? or wait for updates and hope for the best?
    Uh oh, that does not look good at all. Lag is not good at all, also can you disable the eye feature?
    05-29-2012 07:36 AM
    Uh oh, that does not look good at all. Lag is not good at all, also can you disable the eye feature?
    you can disable any feature smart stay, smart dial and so on.

now to give a short feedback to the original consensus of the thread starter i don't take the word from one guy that has the phone too seriously, because i have experienced too often that some people are just overwhelmed by features and don't get the simplest things.

a month ago or so i heard how the friend of a colleague asked "how do i see when i got a new message in whatsapp on my iphone?". he somehow always had to go into the app to see new messages.

we live in a world where people even manage to misconfigure frickin devices/phones with only one button and be totally perplexed of the complexity. so in a world where the allegedly easiest to handle iphone is too hard for users, i can image that there will be many many many people who do lack the necessary technical knowledge and will flame in forums or moan about this and that.

like that one dude that had only one harddrive in his pc and recorded a video of diablo 3 and than he asked "hrm, why is this so slow .... could it be that it is because i am recording this in 720p into my hard drive while the game is installed on the same drive?"
    05-29-2012 08:10 AM
    you can disable any feature smart stay, smart dial and so on.

now to give a short feedback to the original consensus of the thread starter i don't take the word from one guy that has the phone too seriously, because i have experienced too often that some people are just overwhelmed by features and don't get the simplest things.

a month ago or so i heard how the friend of a colleague asked "how do i see when i got a new message in whatsapp on my iphone?". he somehow always had to go into the app to see new messages.

we live in a world where people even manage to misconfigure frickin devices/phones with only one button and be totally perplexed of the complexity. so in a world where the allegedly easiest to handle iphone is too hard for users, i can image that there will be many many many people who do lack the necessary technical knowledge and will flame in forums or moan about this and that.

like that one dude that had only one harddrive in his pc and recorded a video of diablo 3 and than he asked "hrm, why is this so slow .... could it be that it is because i am recording this in 720p into my hard drive while the game is installed on the same drive?"
    Were you reading my mind? People expect "smart phones" to read their minds. The devices require some input. I have helped several friends setup and learn how to use an android for the first time. The simple things are ignored constantly. Example, people download a third party text messaging app and can't figure out why when they receive a message there's two notifications.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    05-29-2012 08:35 AM
    Looks to me like OP might be DLing crappy apps! You have a QUAD-CORE phone and you're experiencing lag?!?!? C'mon man, smarten up and take notice of what you're applying into your phone which is most likely the result of your problems.
    05-29-2012 09:49 AM
    i don't want to say the OP is stupid or something. i just want to say that everyone should take stories like this with a grain of salt. as long as you don't know the person telling the story you can not tell how much is down to technical problems or user problems.
    05-29-2012 10:13 AM
    If there is one thing that was consistent throughout all the reviews I have seen, it's that every reviewer comment on the speed of the phone and how lag free it is. Granted, no one took the time to throw some widgets on every single home screen and run one demanding app right after the other, but truthfully how many of us punish our phones that way. Adding music to the phone will do nothing other than take away some of your storage capacity. Having an E4GT, my phone rarely ever lags, usually it occurs after exiting out of a demanding app, or sometimes an app will get hung up and use have the cpu power and needs to be closed from task manager. If you try hard enough you can bog any phone down, especially if you have a buttload of widgets running that update every minute.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    05-29-2012 10:17 AM
    Well as much as I love samsung, I'm not going sound like a blind fanboy and blame user error just yet. He is the first person on this forum apparently to actually have his hands on one so we really don't know.
    05-29-2012 10:41 AM
    I think the one x may be better for me, even with the multitasking, but that can be fixed by devs

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums
    05-29-2012 10:47 AM
    Well as much as I love samsung, I'm not going sound like a blind fanboy and blame user error just yet. He is the first person on this forum apparently to actually have his hands on one so we really don't know.
    One or two users is not going to change my mind about getting the S3. There are few users who have the phone on the xda forums. No phone is 100% perfect, but I find it hard to believe that there is lag on the S3.

[The Official AND ONLY] 'I Just Got My Phone' and 'Users Initial Reviews' Thread!! - xda-developers
    05-29-2012 11:07 AM
    One or two users is not going to change my mind about getting the S3. There are few users who have the phone on the xda forums. No phone is 100% perfect, but I find it hard to believe that there is lag on the S3.

[The Official AND ONLY] 'I Just Got My Phone' and 'Users Initial Reviews' Thread!! - xda-developers
    Don't get me wrong, I'm still going to get this phone. It could be a isolated incident because we honestly don't know. However based on Samsungs track record for releasing phones with class leading processors and performance I will hope that it would be extremely smooth and fast.
    05-29-2012 12:13 PM
    i did now read a few first impressions of german buyers and only one said that it is not as fluid as he expected and that he needed to delete some apps like "buy-this" and other stuff. it sounds as if this one guy has branded firmware on his and if you experience the same i would strongly recommend flashing a stock firmware onto the phone to get rid off that bloatware.

another point is that you always should factory reset the phone before setting it up. you never know what happened to the phone before you got it.
    05-29-2012 12:17 PM
36 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD