S Voice vs Siri.

Jimieo

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
They both have flaws for sure, but I wouldn't go as far to say they suck. The list of things you can do with them have real benefits. Like hands free texting when driving.

The review videos show off plenty of things people can use them for, but not likely on a daily basis aside from asking the weather or setting timers and alarms.

There are some things I would like to see changed with S Voice. For starters I hate the blue bubble "Say your wake-up command to wake me up" always being there. I also believe S Voice should show scrollable windows when it shows results on Wolfram Alpha. That way we won't need to scroll up to see what we searched. I've seen a few different videos of people testing the humor side of the virtual assistants and I must say Siri wins in that department. But then again, the assistants are not meant to be a toy. (I still hope Samsung adds some more humor to it.)

I doubt a whole lot will change with S Voice before it launches elsewhere, but it is a for the most part unreleased product (Dubai has released the S III I believe) and like Siri, it is a beta product. We will see more updates and advances eventually.

ramzi.a.q

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I got the S3 yesterday as it was released in middle east.

I am soo disappointed with the speech recognition of samsung, it hardly understands anything. the Siri did a much better job and got to do what is was told eventually, samsung, you really have to fight with it get what you need.

Big dislike

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
I just hope that they try to perfect it and continue to work on it and update it. Most people I know with Siri dont use it anyway. I too would like to see a video of all the big voice command services. Google Voice Commands, Iris, Vlingo, Siri, S Voice and any others. I think it would be interesting to see the differences

Jimieo

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
I've seen several Siri vs S Voice videos now, and some times Siri is the slower of the two. It appears to be hit or miss on who is best in terms of speed.

Waiting for the American release before I really pass judgement on that part.. In terms of personality, I have to say Siri wins... for now.. Like someone else said Siri has been out longer. Samsung might add more in later. :)

I hope that some dev figures out a way to add onto S Voice. Similar to the Siri packages you can get in Cydia. Be nice to add custom responses and stuff to it.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
That guys accent did suck. They shouldve had someone else do the test. When the phone didnt understand him, I usually didnt either. All in all I think the rookie S-Voice is pretty good saying that it basically had the same functionality as the veteran Siri. It just needs to pick up some speed and it shall be fine.

Jimieo

Feb 12, 2012
Visit site
Everyone has a different accent. Some accents work better with voice recognition, others do not. The device understood him well enough. Even with Siri it has been said you need to enunciate to get it to understand sometimes. That is what the gentleman from The Verge had to do.

Last edited: