Can pop up play be used on YouTube videos?

jrob214

May 16, 2010
Visit site
Nope. Only the built in video player allows this.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

That's kinda wack. Not only for the Youtube videos but for Netflix, Hbo Go, and even the new Xfinity Player app. Pop up play would have been a HUGE plus with those apps.

equishd

May 20, 2012
Visit site
That's kinda wack. Not only for the Youtube videos but for Netflix, Hbo Go, and even the new Xfinity Player app. Pop up play would have been a HUGE plus with those apps.

Agree,sorry but im not the type to download videos into my phone.

Aznflawless

Feb 28, 2012
Visit site
There's an android app called "Stick It! (pop-up player) " It does what the Galaxy S3 pop up play does. I use it, and it works on youtube as well. I don't know the requirements, but it works on my Galaxy Player 5.0 running 2.3.5.

broadwayblues

Sep 20, 2010
Visit site
Samsung Rep told me that it only works with videos that are on the device already. So to use Pop Up, you need to have the video that you want to watch downloaded on the device already.

will1881

May 14, 2012
Visit site
There's an android app called "Stick It! (pop-up player) " It does what the Galaxy S3 pop up play does. I use it, and it works on youtube as well. I don't know the requirements, but it works on my Galaxy Player 5.0 running 2.3.5.

i got stick it as well, it works-ish but it's a little messy with youtube. Doesn't work as well as the built in popup play from the S3. I wouldn't recommend buying it.

Andyybeex3

Oct 10, 2012
Visit site
Open youtube on the internet browser click the video you want click the phones menu button change to desktop view and click play and the pop up play option will work

Gabriel713281

Oct 16, 2012
Visit site
Samsung Rep told me that it only works with videos that are on the device already. So to use Pop Up, you need to have the video that you want to watch downloaded on the device already.
This is not true... If you go to the mobile version of worldstarhiphop and select any video it can be played throuh video player so streaming videos can be played but the challenge is to find a way or a website that would stream youtube videos the same way worldstarhiphop does...

Nazty111

Jun 25, 2012
Visit site
I found live tv streams from m.tvcatchup.com (UK) opened in the stock video player, which could then be popped out. Pretty cool. So I'm guessing anything you can route to play through the stock player will allow pop up play.

funkylogik

May 21, 2012
Visit site
I found live tv streams from m.tvcatchup.com (UK) opened in the stock video player, which could then be popped out. Pretty cool. So I'm guessing anything you can route to play through the stock player will allow pop up play.

excelent site :)
unfortunately the people outside UK cant use it because it contains license fee payed (bbc grr) channels

global s3, UK. Ask me anything and ill reply even if its just an intelligent (or stupid) guess ;)

goin_nil

Jul 1, 2010
Visit site
Open youtube on the internet browser click the video you want click the phones menu button change to desktop view and click play and the pop up play option will work

I got this to work with Ice Cream sandwich. I tried again with the built in browser after upgrading to Jellybean and can't figure out how to play YouTube videos in popup mode.

Where is the popup option?

Anyone else get this working?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
roshanchoudhary