Where is the power button on the S3?

NoNoiPhone4me

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
One of the most annoying thing about the Galaxy Note (or at least the AT&T version) is that the power button is on the side, directly across from the volume rocker. So you're always hitting the one when you're trying to hit the other. It is really annoying turning the phone off when all you want to do is change the volume.

Any way, I am wondering is Samsung has learned from their mistake and put the power button on the S3 on the top of the phone instead of the side. Unfortunately, I think not but since I have not seen the phone in person, I thought I would ask in the hope that someone who has seen and "played" with the phone can answer.

Jtshurtleff

Sep 7, 2010
Visit site
Doubt it and it isnr a flaw. I never hit buttons when I don't want to. Its really not hard to not hit it. Kind of a silly complaint in my mind

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Tapatalk 2

Nashstruck

May 5, 2012
Visit site
That blows!

Hey Phil, can we start a petition to get Samsung to move the power button to the top of their phones in the future?

Hopefully, this design flaw -- and it is a design flaw -- will be permanently corrected by the time the S4 and Note 2 roll out.

Flaw? Why flaw?
I think the point was to make it usable with one hand. If u put e power button on top, ud never be able to reach it with one hand and a 4.8" screen size.
That's what I think anyways =s..

On my current bold 9900, the unlock button is right on top. That's fine tho, cos e phone is smaller than an iphone lol. So its easily reachable with one hand

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
One of the most annoying thing about the Galaxy Note (or at least the AT&T version) is that the power button is on the side, directly across from the volume rocker. So you're always hitting the one when you're trying to hit the other. It is really annoying turning the phone off when all you want to do is change the volume.

Any way, I am wondering is Samsung has learned from their mistake and put the power button on the S3 on the top of the phone instead of the side. Unfortunately, I think not but since I have not seen the phone in person, I thought I would ask in the hope that someone who has seen and "played" with the phone can answer.

I would hate to have the button the top. It is very hard to reach on a phone that big, and I have never hit the volume button by accident ever. It also makes it easier to take screen shots when the button is on the side.

myrideishot

Apr 27, 2012
Visit site
i have the one x and i wish the button was on the side. i had the note prior to the x and i loved the button on the side. on the one x i have to stretch my hand to wake up the phone.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
I hope Samsung keeps the power button on the side and the USB port on the buttom. If you want the power button on the top then you should be looking into an HTC phone.

Nashstruck

May 5, 2012
Visit site
I hope Samsung keeps the power button on the side and the USB port on the buttom. If you want the power button on the top then you should be looking into an HTC phone.

Actually I would like to have the usb port on the side :D
Coming from a BB, I had the Torch 9800 that had the USB on the side and it was real neat using it as an alarm clock on a charging dock. It really did look like an alarm clock with it on it's side!

jhousden9

Apr 9, 2012
Visit site
It's not a problem for me. I had a Samsung Omnia 7 before the S3 and it's exactly the same layout. No problems with that either. It's not hard to press the power/lock button without pressing the volume rocker.

Sent from my GT-I9300

rundown87

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
I remember accidentally sliding the keyboard open or hitting the volume rocker when pressing the power button when I first got my epic. after a few weeks, I quit doing it. Just have to get used to it, I guess.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Tapatalk 2

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
I definitely liked the power button on the side of the Fascinate I had vs. the top of the Thunderbolt I have now. Just seems a lot more convenient on the side as the devices get bigger and bigger.

MooPenguin32

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I've had a Galaxy Nexus for almost a month. The only time I've accidentally pressed the power button is when I was picking the phone up out of the cup holder in my car or putting it in the cup holder. I soon learned to just pinch the top of the phone on the front and back to pull it out. The Galaxy Nexus screen doesn't smear badly so maybe the S III screen won't either.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
That blows!

Hey Phil, can we start a petition to get Samsung to move the power button to the top of their phones in the future?

Hopefully, this design flaw -- and it is a design flaw -- will be permanently corrected by the time the S4 and Note 2 roll out.

I think if having the power button in the top is really that important to you then your phone options are the HTC product line.

That's what makes Android so appealing. There is a phone for everyone no matter what screen size or physical characteristics you prefer.

Starting a petition is just not appropriate.

Galaxy Note! Phone. Tablet. Planner. Notepad. eReader. The only device I need!

NoNoiPhone4me

Aug 13, 2010
Visit site
I think if having the power button in the top is really that important to you then your phone options are the HTC product line.

That's what makes Android so appealing. There is a phone for everyone no matter what screen size or physical characteristics you prefer.

Starting a petition is just not appropriate.

Galaxy Note! Phone. Tablet. Planner. Notepad. eReader. The only device I need!

I recognize that variety is one of the advantages of Android. If you don't like something, there are always options. Unfortunately, there are also always trade-offs and while I prefer Samsung to HTC, I personally still prefer the power button on the top.

I was (okay, mostly) joking about the petition idea. But I will also say that the number one complaint from Note owners is the placement of the power button. In fact, go to the "AT&T Samsung Note" thread here on Android Central. Some people like it and some people (like me) think it is the most annoying "feature" of the otherwise best smartphone (and best tablet) on the market.

Don't be a hater hating others with a different opinion. To each, their own.

lovelove123456789

Nov 30, 2012
Visit site

i need a pic all i see is 2 bottons were are the power the volume and the camera

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2