coming from blackberry... some software questions

weezul

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Sorry for the ignorance, but I've been fiddling with my phone for a good 3 hours solid, and can't find a way to create a unified inbox for all my accounts. I have sms, 1x gmail, 1x exchange and 1x imap. Ideally i would like my "messages" to show all of those grouped together. Is there a way?

Also, can you set custom message tones? There's no "browse" or anything similar, a few of my old WAV ones show up in the list from my SD card, but there's nothing in the text box.
Thanks for any help. Really enjoying the phone otherwise, really slick, really fast. Just not as productive i suppose... that will come in time i'm sure!

v1rtu4l

May 22, 2012
Visit site
the unified message box is called social hub (at least that's what it was called on the galaxy s1 and s2).

if you setup your accounts there, you will have all the incoming messages in that social hub.

just put your sound files you want to use as notification in the "/media" folder... you can create a new subfolder like "sounds" or "ringtones" and put them there

v1rtu4l

May 22, 2012
Visit site
you could check the widgets. perhaps there is a social hub inbox...

could as well be that the e-mail widget does act as unified inbox (at least in the sense that it shows how many unread items there are spread over all acounts)

weezul

May 5, 2012
Visit site
just Email (which lets me see imap/exchange), Gmail (only gmail) and nothing for the messages. Poo. Nevermind. I have the emails on a home screen each which will do for now

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
I don't have the GS3 (yet) and I'm not familiar with anything Touchwiz might do differently, but I set up all my email accounts under the "email" app. That includes my Gmail and Exchange accounts. In other words, I don't even use the Gmail app.

In the Email app, there's a "combined inbox" that shows all the email together (but doesn't show SMS).

Not sure if that helps at all.

weezul

May 5, 2012
Visit site
thanks! yes i was thinking moving my Gmail to that might join them all but i really like the GMail app and the Mail application seems a little less slick. I'm just relying on notifications bar anyway so I'll learn to adjust :)

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
sandersc