Few questions for PPL with S3 knowledge

foerbannat

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Is there an adapter for streaming content to your TV yet wirelessly?
Similar to the one HTC have, thought I heard something about this during the unpacked event..?

Another thing, the pre-loaded lockscreen that I guess came with touchwiz... Is there a way to change the icons on it?
Right now its the phone, chat, internet and camera shortcuts...

Another random thing that I noticed yesterday, I tried my HDMI adapter that works fine for my old galaxy nexus but nothing happened when I put it to test with my S3....

Any thoughts on theses things?

thanks!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Is there an adapter for streaming content to your TV yet wirelessly?
Similar to the one HTC have, thought I heard something about this during the unpacked event..?

Another thing, the pre-loaded lockscreen that I guess came with touchwiz... Odd there a way to change the icons on it?
Right now its the phone, chat, internet and camera shortcuts...

Another random thing that I noticed yesterday, I tried my HDMI adapter that works fine for my old galaxy nexus but nothing happened when I put it to test with my S3....

Any thoughts on theses things?

thanks!

I'm thinking on the lockscreen its like any other stock lock screen. You might be able to use something like Widgetlocker I believe is the app that allows different lockscreens. Otherwise your at the mercy of rooting and custom ROMs with lockscreen options.

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
From the reviews I read and watched, you can customize the quick launch apps on the lock screen to your liking, I just wouldn't be able to tell you just exactly how.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
From the reviews I read and watched, you can customize the quick launch apps on the lock screen to your liking, I just wouldn't be able to tell you just exactly how.

This is froma review on pocket-lint.com:
You get a wide range of lock screen options, including the ability to define unlock shortcut apps, as well as motion controls to instantly launch the camera, if you choose. All the normal security options are present as well as access to the drag down notifications bar.

Don't ask me how to do it either.

Sent from my Samsung SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

v1rtu4l

May 22, 2012
Visit site
yes and yes for the first two questions

the thing about the HDMI adapter is, that it's often dependent on the actual phone.

got an 3.5mm -> composite adapter that worked on some sammy phones and did not on others.

what is important is, that the MHL/HDMI-Adapter has to be powered externally for the adapter to work. just putting the adapter between tv and handset will not work. there is a separate micro-usb port or something where it needs to get power off (from a notebook for instance)

foerbannat

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
As I said.. It works fine with my galaxy nexus and I used power for that as well, so I tried that too :)
Its just odd... Made me think of Apple when it did not work... Apple always tries to have a different cable for everything to milk consumers :-/

v1rtu4l

May 22, 2012
Visit site
could also be that it is not yet activated in the firmware. i read on xda that the early build of firmwares that was on the phones for the launch event XXALE1 has some functions, that the firmware which is on phones that are sold right now (ALE7, ALE8) is lacking. Probably deactiveted due to "beta" status or something. i am sure it will get reenabled.

foerbannat

Mar 4, 2012
Visit site
Yea hope your right.. Ill have to research more on how to fibble around with the lockscreen tho

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol