HTC One S or Galaxy S III T-Mobile

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
Well I just got the HTC One S on T-mobile out right , but I was wondering if is better to go for the SGS3 now I dont have a problem with buying it out right either and selling the HTc One S or even returning it during the 14 days grace period, just need to get a date for release date. any thoughts would be great regarding what should I do. thanks

matt0715

Jan 25, 2011
Visit site
overall the s3 is a better phone but it depends on your needs. The one s is a sexy phone and if you like smaller devices I would stay with it

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
overall the s3 is a better phone but it depends on your needs. The one s is a sexy phone and if you like smaller devices I would stay with it

Sent from my ADR6400L using Android Central Forums

well I have owned a galaxy note as you can see and damn I watch videos and movies a lot, big screens are something I definitely like, thanks for the reply your making it easier I might get the S3, now If i knew a release date would be amazing, I know is this month but yet dont know when exactly.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
It depends on the user but most would probably go with the S3. I know I would.

Bigger screen
Better screen
Better battery +1 for removable-ness
Better internal storage +1 for card slot
Better ram
Better front facing camera
Better rear camera (opinion)

OMGLadyGaga

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
The S3 would be best IMO. If it was between the S3 and the One X, it'd be a lot closer because of the One X's ridiculously awesome screen but the One S is a smaller, pentile, Amoled display whereas the S3 Super Amoled HD display at 4.8", with 2 Gigs of RAM, proper multitasking instead of Sense 4's abortion, and an extremely large quantity of innovative features plus flagship status make the S3 the easy choice over the One S IMO.

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
The S3 would be best IMO. If it was between the S3 and the One X, it'd be a lot closer because of the One X's ridiculously awesome screen but the One S is a smaller, pentile, Amoled display whereas the S3 Super Amoled HD display at 4.8", with 2 Gigs of RAM, proper multitasking instead of Sense 4's abortion, and an extremely large quantity of innovative features plus flagship status make the S3 the easy choice over the One S IMO.

Sweet this is coming on the 21st i will check and see if i can return or sell my htc one S

Last edited:

MooPenguin32

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I would personally go with the Galaxy S III. The only thing that I could think of that might deter some people from the S III is the TouchWiz interface. However, if you don't mind it or don't care either way, the S III would be the way to go.

Bigger screen, better display, double the RAM. What more could you ask for?

Reactions: Sniper1087

Sniper1087

Jan 13, 2011
Visit site
I would personally go with the Galaxy S III. The only thing that I could think of that might deter some people from the S III is the TouchWiz interface. However, if you don't mind it or don't care either way, the S III would be the way to go.

Bigger screen, better display, double the RAM. What more could you ask for?

I do agree 100% the phone also has additional features like smart stay, s beam, s voice, direct call, smart alert, and i for one do like touchwiz and the Nature UX is a plus.

rlb

Jun 21, 2010
Visit site
The only reason to get a One S over the S3 is if you want a smaller size phone. Otherwise, the S3 is much better. But the One S is still a great phone and more than capable for most people.

spark032207#WN

Sep 18, 2010
Visit site

Isn't the Super Amoled HD on S3 also pentile?

I went ahead and bought the One S after I saw the S3 announcement because

1) I like the One S design much better
2) The processor in One S is more than capable enough for what I want to do.
3) I think the camera on the One S is fantastic. Especially like ImageSense
4) I like Sense much better than TouchWiz overall
5) 4.8" would be way too big for me. I found One X to be too big, so I'm sure I'd feel the same way about the S3.

Last edited:

frettfreak

Dec 29, 2009
Visit site
Re: HTC One S or Galaxy S3 T-Mobile

Isn't the Super Amoled HD on S3 also pentile?

I went ahead and bought the One S after I saw the S3 announcement because

1) I like the One S design much better
2) The processor in One S is more than capable enough for what I want to do.
3) I think the camera on the One S is fantastic. Especially like ImageSense
4) I like Sense much better than TouchWiz overall
5) 4.8" would be way too big for me. I found One X to be too big, so I'm sure I'd feel the same way about the S3.

So a month or so after the purchase and are you still liking the One S? i was in the EXACT same boat and bought the one s.... a month ago, and i still ABSOLUTELY LOVE mY PHONE. I find myself wanting an s3 only cause i am a phone junky and have had this for a month+ so... of course its time for a new one right? But seriously, really love this phone.

Its funny to go back and read through this thread and all the opinions of people that probably never touched either phone... hard to forma n opinion based on just specs really.

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site

eagle63

May 7, 2010
Visit site
I owned the One S for a week and am now on the SGS3 so I figured I'd throw in my opinions. I came from a SGS2 (sprint epic 4g touch) but really loved the 4.3" form factor of the One S so decided to go with it. Love the hardware design and materials on the One S, definitely better than the galaxy. I've hated Sense in the past, but this new version is very nice - I prefer it to Touchwiz. Also, and I'm in the minority here, but I LOVE the dedicated task-switcher button on the One S. I don't necessarily love that they did a cover-flow style UI, but even despite that it's just so easy and quick to switch apps that I found myself not missing a "menu" button at all. I also prefer the capacitive home button on the One S compared to the clunky and stiff physical home button on the SGS3.

But the thing that ultimately killed the One S for me was the pentile screen. After 24 hours with the phone I knew I'd end up returning it, it was just so grainy. I know screen quality is subjective to some degree, but I'm convinced that the people who claim the screen looks fine either need to have their eyes checked, or have come from a much older phone. Put it this way: the screen was a noticeable downgrade from the SGS2. I don't mind it not being HD resolution, but I just couldn't handle taking a step backwards on something as important as the screen. (and especially not for that price)

Bottom line: had it been a non-pentile screen, I might not have switched to the SGS3. (but I do really like the SGS3) With the rumors that the One X is coming to TMobile, I realize I maybe should have waited before pulling the trigger at all.

Last edited:

Horr1bleK1tten

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
I owned the One S for a week and am now on the SGS3 so I figured I'd throw in my opinions. I came from a SGS2 (sprint epic 4g touch) but really loved the 4.3" form factor of the One S so decided to go with it. Love the hardware design and materials on the One S, definitely better than the galaxy. I've hated Sense in the past, but this new version is very nice - I prefer it to Touchwiz. Also, and I'm in the minority here, but I LOVE the dedicated task-switcher button on the One S. I don't necessarily love that they did a cover-flow style UI, but even despite that it's just so easy and quick to switch apps that I found myself not missing a "menu" button at all. I also prefer the capacitive home button on the One S compared to the clunky and stiff physical home button on the SGS3.

But the thing that ultimately killed the One S for me was the pentile screen. After 24 hours with the phone I knew I'd end up returning it, it was just so grainy. I know screen quality is subjective to some degree, but I'm convinced that the people who claim the screen looks fine either need to have their eyes checked, or have come from a much older phone. Put it this way: the screen was a noticeable downgrade from the SGS2. I don't mind it not being HD resolution, but I just couldn't handle taking a step backwards on something as important as the screen. (and especially not for that price)

Bottom line: had it been a non-pentile screen, I might not have switched to the SGS3. (but I do really like the SGS3) With the rumors that the One X is coming to TMobile, I realize I maybe should have waited before pulling the trigger at all.

The GS3 is pentile also you just can't really tell cause of the hd screen I don't notice it don't care.

Sent from my SGH-T999 using Tapatalk 2

Horr1bleK1tten

Oct 20, 2011
Visit site
Originally Posted by Horr1bleK1tten<br />
The GS3 is pentile also you just can't really tell cause of the hd screen I don't notice it don't care. <br />
<br />
<br />
<br />
Exactly. You really can't tell the screen is pentile on the sgs3.

The only way you can tell is if you go eye to screen directly I tried but then my eyes hurt lol

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Other than...better processor...more RAM...removable battery and expandable memory...TouchWiz more refined and smooth than Sense...video capture at 29 fps versus the HOX at 23 fps.... Smart Stay...S Voice....DLNA....Flipboard...infinite scrolling of homesreens....

Samsung Galaxy S3 vs HTC One X in-depth comparison Part 1 of 2 | Heels and Tech

Samsung Galaxy S3 vs HTC One X in-depth comparison Part 2 of 2 | Heels and Tech

S voice is terrible and will be obsolete after both of these devices get the jelly bean update. And apex launcher gives any phone infinite screen scrolling if you so desire. And touchwiz sucks. Obviously that's my opinion, but after using both phones I really hate touchwiz. I don't particularly like sense either (I've already flashed both phones) but touchwiz really, really sucks. Looks like it was patched together by a 5 year old.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums