Have a black zig zag streak in the center of the phone.
    It only shows if you have a black wallpaper (or you load a game that has a black intro like GTA) and combined with being in a dark room.
    Can't notice it at all otherwise. Could that be burn in? Would have thought that's a little too early for that.
    06-04-2012 02:30 AM
    Not sure, but I sure hope not.
    06-04-2012 02:35 AM
    The one good thing about going with Pentile is that from what I understand it is less susceptible to burn in. I currently have an S2 with Super Amoled Plus and I have burn in after 4 months of use It is most likely that your S3 might just be a bad screen, compare it to a display model and then exchange it for a new one. The phone has been out less than a week, so might as well take care of it now before it begins to irk you in the future.
    06-04-2012 02:37 AM
    Have a black zig zag streak in the center of the phone.
    It only shows if you have a black wallpaper (or you load a game that has a black intro like GTA) and combined with being in a dark room.
    Can't notice it at all otherwise. Could that be burn in? Would have thought that's a little too early for that.
    If you think something is wrong with it then return, and exchange it for another one.
    06-04-2012 02:39 AM
    yeah i would do that, but my luck has it that i've travelled and won't be back for 2 more weeks. But would be good to know if it is actually burn in
    06-04-2012 02:47 AM
    yeah i would do that, but my luck has it that i've travelled and won't be back for 2 more weeks. But would be good to know if it is actually burn in
    Probably a defective unit and not burn in. Return it when you get back.
    06-04-2012 09:06 AM
    It is normal for all SAmoles displays. There have been countless discussions about this issue (I have the same thing on my GS2 Skyrocket, all 3 of them) also people with Galaxy Nexus and other models have that too. Google it you'll see its a common issue. It doesn't realty bother me. Unfortunately this is the disadvantage of the samoled tech...
    06-04-2012 09:41 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD