Can you turn on screen with home button?

Chris

Dec 29, 2010
Visit site
Can you unlock the screen by pressing the home button on the international Galaxy S III?

If the screen is completely off, does the home button do the same thing as the wake/sleep button?

Looked around and couldn't find anything. Thanks

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Can you unlock the screen by pressing the home button on the international Galaxy S III?

If the screen is completely off, does the home button do the same thing as the wake/sleep button?

Looked around and couldn't find anything. Thanks
I think this was originally one of the worries of the Home button, that if it was in your pocket would bumping this button wake the phone or cause it to do things.

Kevin OQuinn

AC Team Emeritus
May 17, 2010
Visit site
This would be very nice to have. I loved that feature of my iphone.

Except the home button on this phone is raised above the glass, not sunk in. So if it's in your pocket you'll be turning your screen on a lot. Having the option would be nice, but if it can't be disabled I can see it being a negative and not a positive.

Air Force One

Jan 7, 2010
Visit site
Except the home button on this phone is raised above the glass, not sunk in. So if it's in your pocket you'll be turning your screen on a lot. Having the option would be nice, but if it can't be disabled I can see it being a negative and not a positive.

But then again unlike say, the One X, the battery can be swapped out anytime so really no big deal as far as any extra battery drain from the occasional pocket lighting. I put my device in my back pocket anyway(without sitting on it) so I don't see it accidentally getting pushed anyway.