I know the s3 will have a micro sd slot. Verizon is offering a 16gb and 32gb version. Will the 16 and 32gb be internal memory so u can add a sd card ontop of that or when they say 16gb version they mean it comes with a 16gb sd card. I don't really see the need for the 32gb version for myself since I have an extra 32gb sd card atm.

Now I just need to decide if I want a galaxy s3 or go with a galaxy nexus. I almost bought a nexus the other week cause I thought it would take Verizon forever to release the s3, I am glad I decided to wait.
    06-04-2012 09:06 AM
    I know there are some issues with having an "internal" sd card and an "external" sd card because of how android (and apps) use it. I remember reading something on the One X where all pictures, apps, games, recorded videos, downloaded music, etc, had to live in the 10gb of available internal memory. The only thing you could use the "external" (i.e. removable) sd card for is when you transfer music or videos from your computer to your phone for playback.

I am almost certainly completely screwing up that explanation, since I didn't understand the post I was quickly reading a while ago about it. Maybe someone with a One can provide more details on if it's worth paying a premium for larger internal storage.
    06-04-2012 09:53 AM
    A lot of Android devices partition the internal memory so you can only store a certain amount of apps and then use the rest of the space for music and other files. The Galaxy Nexus has one big partition that you can use for anything. I'm not sure how the Galaxy S III is.
    06-04-2012 10:01 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD