Has anyone heard anything about Amazon offering pre-orders?
    I prefer to order from them because they generally offer a 30 day return policy.
    06-04-2012 03:48 PM
    I'm with you there too and no tax, shipping or restocking fee either.

No word yet though. Personally I'll probably wait until the GS3 is in the ATT stores so I can play with it and compare it to the One X, Skyrocket and Note. Meantime Amazon offering the Skyrocket for $40 is killer!
    06-04-2012 04:48 PM
    skyrocket is not even in the same league and honestly shouldn't even mentioned in the same line as galaxy note, one x, and gs3. The resolution alone breaks the deal for me.
    06-04-2012 04:57 PM
    The last I checked, Amazon does not allow you to keep your grandfathered unlimited data plan. There is no option for this when going through checkout.
    06-04-2012 05:43 PM
    The last I checked, Amazon does not allow you to keep your grandfathered unlimited data plan. There is no option for this when going through checkout.
    It does for Verizon.
    06-04-2012 05:50 PM
    It does for Verizon.
    Oh. I was referring to AT&T.
    06-04-2012 05:53 PM
    It does for Verizon.
    I'm glad amazon does as i am worried on getting this phone and not being able to keep my unlimited data.
    06-04-2012 05:54 PM
    True. You have to switch at checkout but you can call ATT afterwards and have your plan reinstated. You may be told it is not possible and have to call a few different times to get someone who knows what they are doing or is willing to help but it can be done. The extra effort is usually worth the savings you'll get through Amazon.
    06-04-2012 06:02 PM
    I have called ATT several times about the grandfathering and if you are upgrading like I am, they definitely will move your current plan to the new phone with a new contract whether you get it from Amazon or anywhere else. You just buy the phone and then contact customer support to activate and they simultaneously grandfather to the new phone.

As to the comment by nkd, you seem to forget that the Skyrocket (GS2) is the predecessor to the GS3 and therefore is indeed in the same league, not to mention it's been out far longer and therefore, far more stable. We all know that new devices will have plenty of issues, and am sure once they are shipping the GS3, plenty will show up. All you have to do is look at how many issues have surfaced with the One X and it's a good example.
    06-04-2012 06:59 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD