Accessories will be the real success of the GS3

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Since Samsung was able to force every carrier to accept the same model globally, with only minor internal changes, this might be our first chance for serious accessories.
That's one of the huge selling points of the iPhone--you can get awesome stuff like BookBook Amazon.com: Twelve South BookBook for iPhone 4/4S: Cell Phones & Accessories
because it makes economic sense for the manufacturer to make them. There's one model, hugely available, meaning economies of scale that simply aren't possible in the massively fractured Android handset landscape.
I'm really excited about this and hope accessory manufacturers step up. HTC really dropped the ball here in deviating from the hero model. Samsung is going it right, and this is just one of the reasons (timely updates being the other)

equishd

May 20, 2012
Visit site
this is honestly a HUGE move for Android. love the fact that every player went with the original version no delay to release after announcement and a greater advantage with accessories on a phone that is TOP OF THE LINE

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
Great move on their part. How to carry this beast is a concern I have coming from a flip phone.

WTF is a flip phone? :D

Honeslty I like the Casemate cases and then use Ghost Armour overlay to protect the screen. Bulky cases are not my cup of tea.

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Since Samsung was able to force every carrier to accept the same model globally, with only minor internal changes, this might be our first chance for serious accessories.
..... Samsung is going it right, and this is just one of the reasons (timely updates being the other)

so, lets talk about the accessories Samsung is going to release;

http://www.androidcentral.com/samsung-show-whole-range-galaxy-s-iii-accessories

anyone have a specific dock they plan to get?
anyone plan to get the "c" pen?
or the "pebble" mp3 player?
or the HDMI (MHL) adapter?

so far I have only ordered a cheap TPU case from the bay to protect my s3 until i decide on what would be best. as much as i'd like to keep it case-free...i just know I would destroy it without one.

any other accessories jump out at anyone?

junglejunkie

Jun 17, 2010
Visit site
I am really interested in the wireless charging mat :O

I wish there were more information on it.

Sent from my HTC Sensation 4G with Beats Audio using Android Central Forums

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member