Will SG3 become too common

ctys2ard

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
SG3 has 9 milion pre-order, Singapore population is about 7-8. Does it matter

Too popular = more room for development Or will it get too common Your say please

Sent from my PadFone using Android Central Forums

judasmachine

Dec 26, 2009
Visit site
It should get endless development attention. Who cares if everyone has one? I think if everyone has one it'll send a message to other OEMs to step up.

dbhart5

Apr 3, 2010
Visit site
I can't image the GS3 will become too common. Take the iphone for an example. The more units the more development. Besides, someone will come up with the next big Android handset in less than 6 months.

ReggieTee

Jul 17, 2010
Visit site
SG3 has 9 milion pre-order, Singapore population is about 7-8. Does it matter

Too popular = more room for development Or will it get too common Your say please

Sent from my PadFone using Android Central Forums

Too common like the iPhone? I swear when i'm at my son's baseball games every parent has one. Kids too.

Nashstruck

May 5, 2012
Visit site
Too common? I thought that was the idea.
More common = more dev support = more apps = better app market and customisation = I win but iPhone iLose.

Geddit...

movieman742

Nov 8, 2009
Visit site
more common is better.

look at the NFC software for it, only works with other SG3's for now, so the more people who can use what the phone is capable of makes it better for everyone getting new phones 6 months from now.

Sentrix

Mar 9, 2011
Visit site
Common is always better. For me, it's all about troubleshooting. If you come across a problem, and you go to a forum where hundreds (or more) of users have the same device, you're likely to find someone who fixed that problem, or at least get help to solve it quicker.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
If I understood the OP's question, I think they're asking if SG3 will loose in popularity unlike the iPhone which has never become "common."

Once again, you all need to realize or at the very least, attempt to realize that not everyone with a smartphone is a member of this forum nor will they have any interest in specs like you all do here. They don't know squat about roms or development.

They just want the hottest new phone and for MANY the SG3 is the new hotness.

Sent from my YP-G70 using Android Central Forums

mwandroboy

May 15, 2012
Visit site
Yeah it's gonna be different from the past. Their number of sales was pretty high, but they didn't have any brand like an iPhone since they release new devices in a short cycle. But, I guess this can be different from the past.:p

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
The more the merrier! More development, more apps, more s beaming, more recognition for android, more happy customers!

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
And you don't? lol. Mobile phones are now a status symbol. Looks matter as much as performance.

I'm sorry but this made me LMAO!! I hope you were kidding!! If you weren't then I have some rainbow colored i-phones and Beats headphones to sell to you!!

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
And you don't? lol. Mobile phones are now a status symbol. Looks matter as much as performance.

In a way I can understand why you say this.

Not to long ago HTC said they were not worried about bigger batteries in their phone because people want thin and sexy. How many times have we read a phone review that says it's sexy, or to angular or has to much bezel.

So yea to some the looks are very important.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

g1toevo678

Jun 11, 2010
Visit site

Absolutely design matter. But just because someone enjoys personally pleasing aesthetics and form factor in their phone doesn't mean they see it as a status symbol. That's not to say I don't understand where you're coming from...my 13 yr old niece and her friends definitely see their iphones as status symbols.

Splange

May 5, 2012
Visit site
There's no need to be all hipster about it. If the phone's popular, that's good. I've seen too many people buy phones because no one else had them, and then get disappointed to find out there was a reason for that!

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2