S3 In The Hand or G-Note II In The Bush...

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I agree, I've been drooling over the Note1 for quite some time now...but another 5 month wait...I just can't do it. I keep waiting for the next big thing....which in this case...I agree... is the Note2...but I just can't wait anymore.

The SIII is a GREAT PHONE.. No one can deny that. And I am sure you will be 100% satisfied... IMHO the G-Note is a New Breed of device and now, with the 5250/T-604 hopefully being installed in the G-Note 2 this unit is going to be a true "Jack of all Trades" I have a rooted/romed Droid Charge running the Eclispe Rom with Go Launcher Ex. ( Very Smooth ) so, I am going to wait :) You know
what they say: * Good Things Come To Those Who Wait * :D

HomePage.png

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
5.5" would be a mistake imo. 5" seems about ideal for me.

Hey Slide.. Really? I don't know.. IMHO this very average sized young lady's hand is holding the G-Note quite easily.. I have held it several times at Best Buy and it fits my hand just as fine as my 4.3 inch Droid Charge Does.. I am 6' 250 lbs :)

NoteGirl.jpg

Nashstruck

May 5, 2012
Visit site
There's always going to be a newer phone coming out. If you need a phone now get the SGS3... if not... and you want the larger screen size (phablet)... wait for the next Galaxy Note.

Yea I agree. There's always something newer coming out. If one keeps waiting for the latest and greatest, it's just stupid.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Yea I agree. There's always something newer coming out. If one keeps waiting for the latest and greatest, it's just stupid.

Nash do you think maybe term "Stupid" is a bit harsh? Maybe for you, its time to get another phone, lock into another contract, just simply like the S3, maybe you are coming from a 3.5-4 inch screen and the S3 seems big enough for you..or its "Trick" enough for.. you ( I thought I was going to settle on a U.S or International version myself until I seen the G-Note 2 ) That does not mean there are those of us that don't need to catch "This Bus" and have the time to wait for the "Phablet" G-Note 2" that will have all the Tricks of the S3 with more power, be more power efficient ( 5250 Exynos CPU ) and have more real estate to handle our business/movies/games/sketches etc... That's why there is "Choice".. and after seeing what the G-Note 2 is going to be, I / some of us can simply wait another 150 days give or take.. My current 4G phone works very smooth and as you can see by the numbers in the Speedtest pic its Fast as Hell, fast enough that I can wait another 150 days to get Exactly what I want.. Anywho, can't wait to see how the S3's Snapdragon Dual hold up against the Exynos Quad.. should be a great comparison test!

Speed.png

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
And what's this thing about carrying your phone in your pocket? I thought Men used belt clip/ holsters.. and even so, the G-Note is only what? a half inch wider that the S3? There are even Youtubes showing the G-Note fitting all but those skinny jean pockets :) And what is up with the reviewers on all the sites? why are we not seeing the U.S. / Canada verison vs the International version reviews? U.S. version got something to hide? :)

Last edited:

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
And what's this thing about carrying your phone in your pocket? I thought Men used belt clip/ holsters.. and even so, the G-Note is only what? a half inch wider that the S3? There are even Youtubes showing the G-Note fitting all but those gay skinny jean pockets :) And what is up with the reviewers on all the sites? why are we not seeing the U.S. / Canada verison vs the International version reviews? U.S. version got something to hide? :)

Maybe they don't have access yet?
Mobilesyrup is the only one I have seen. Some sites seem to want to wait until after its released for some reason.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
And what's this thing about carrying your phone in your pocket? I thought Men used belt clip/ holsters.. and even so, the G-Note is only what? a half inch wider that the S3? There are even Youtubes showing the G-Note fitting all but those gay skinny jean pockets :) And what is up with the reviewers on all the sites? why are we not seeing the U.S. / Canada verison vs the International version reviews? U.S. version got something to hide? :)

If you are so interested in the note, then why don't you go to the note forum? No one here is interested in note, but yourself.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
If you are so interested in the note, then why don't you go to the note forum? No one here is interested in note, but yourself.

Chill. Civil talk comparing the GSIII to others is welcome here. They're just phones, don't get so threatened.

-Suntan

Reactions: joeynym

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
The Galaxy Note is a really cool phone, ive played with one in Best Buy but for me its too big. I think the Galaxy S III is about the maximum size I would get for a phone. Physically, the S3 is just slightly bigger than the S2 but compared to the G Note its small enough to fit inside the dimensions of the G Note. The reason I think the G Note is too big is because it wont fit in my pants pockets.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
Chill. Civil talk comparing the GSIII to others is welcome here. They're just phones, don't get so threatened.

-Suntan

No one is threaten, just annoyed that he is comparing a phone that will be available soon to a rumored phone that will not be out until next year.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
The Galaxy Note is a really cool phone, ive played with one in Best Buy. The reason I think the G Note is too big is because it wont fit in my pants pockets.

Hey coinmanmat.. I agree, its not for everybody. But the one thing I have noticed is that the reviewers start out saying the same thing.. But by the end of the review, they say its hard to go back to a standard sized phone. I was leaning heavy in favor of getting a S3 ( Until I got word of the G-Note 2 ) .. but it seems very strange to me that there is not one review up yet for the U.S version of the S3 and its just 12 days away from launching.. at least at T-Mo.. maybe, this Monday will be the day we see how it performs.. I really want to see if the U.S.A. Snapdragon / Adreno 225 can hold a candle to the extremely powerful Exynos Quad-Core / Mali 400 International version of the S3.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
No one is threaten, just annoyed that he is comparing a phone that will be available soon to a rumored phone that will not be out until next year.

Chill Blitz.. we are just chatting about phones.. Please don't be so defensive about the S3 I have stated several times its a great phone.. Especially the Extremely Powerful Exynos Quad-Core International verison.. I love that phone.. But I can keep my Unlimted Data and get the 5250 Cpu / T-604 Gpu version of the G-Note ( which WILL rival the Exynos Quad-Core in performance ) so I just started this thread to F.Y.I. anyone that may have been like me, on Verizon..wanting the G-Note and are now willing to wait 150 days to get it.. no biggie man.. they are just telephones. :D

3andNote-1.jpg

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Hey coinmanmat.. I agree, its not for everybody. But the one thing I have noticed is that the reviewers start out saying the same thing.. But by the end of the review, they say its hard to go back to a standard sized phone. I was leaning heavy in favor of getting a S3 ( Until I got word of the G-Note 2 ) .. but it seems very strange to me that there is not one review up yet for the U.S version of the S3 and its just 12 days away from launching.. at least at T-Mo.. maybe, this Monday will be the day we see how it performs.. I really want to see if the U.S.A. Snapdragon / Adreno 225 can hold a candle to the extremely powerful Exynos Quad-Core / Mali 400 International version of the S3.

I agree with you, I think we should start seeing reviews soon as sites like this one receive demo units to test out. Since Samsung hasn't really said anything about a Galaxy Note II its all rumors and speculation. Although I think the next G Note would be pretty sick with those specs.

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Seriously though, you came into his thread when the thread title made it pretty obvious what was going to be discussed here.

And if you're annoyed by somebody comparing a phone that hasn't been released yet to another phone that hasn't been released yet, then I question why you have an account here... I mean, that describes 95% of ALL posts at androidcentral. :eek:

-Suntan

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
maybe, this Monday will be the day we see how it performs.. I really want to see if the U.S.A. Snapdragon / Adreno 225 can hold a candle to the extremely powerful Exynos Quad-Core / Mali 400 International version of the S3.

I'm interested to have some info on the US version too. That said, I'm not worried about the S4 version GSIII being able to hold its own weight. As I've said elsewhere, developers are going to make their apps run well on S4 based phones. There will just be too many of them in the market not to. Most likely, the phones that are "stronger" than the S4 phones will just have wasted horsepower for the next year or two.

-Suntan

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
I'm interested to have some info on the US version too. That said, As I've said elsewhere, developers are going to make their apps run well on S4 based phones. There will just be too many of them in the market not to..
-Suntan

Hey Suntan.. You bring up an intresting point that I had not considered.. apps are just now taking advantage of Dual-Core technology. If high end apps start on the drawing board leaning towards taking full advantage of Dual-Cores as opposed to ( and there is still a lot..) Single-Core phones, performance could take a big leap forward.. And now pretty much from Mid Range on up everything is Dual-Core.

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
Nah..... I like it here.

[/URL]

glad you're here. ...look forward to comparing the note deuce to the S3

also wondering about the performance of the quad. IIRC the ICS OS was optimized for a dual core CPU....wonder if Jellybean or whatever the next OS is will be optimized for a quad core.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463