06-21-2012 03:46 AM
62 123
tools
    I thought this was almost over for me.. Blue U.S. version or International version based on performance comparisons..

Now my Number One choice in phones may not only come to Big Red but it should be strapping the Next Generation Exynos 5250 / T604 GPU setup and a 5.5 inch improved screen no less.. Gotta wait now.. Enjoy your S3 gentlemen can't wait to see how the U.S. version performs.

06-05-2012 11:20 AM
    There's always going to be a newer phone coming out. If you need a phone now get the SGS3... if not... and you want the larger screen size (phablet)... wait for the next Galaxy Note.
    Nashstruck and unopepito06 like this.
    06-05-2012 11:29 AM
    That's huge. I'll pass on the note series all together. Can hardly walk with that in my pocket. Lol
    06-05-2012 12:33 PM
    Agree... the s3 is about as big a phone as I will ever want.

06-05-2012 12:46 PM
    I saw where there is supposed to be a stylus coming for the S III so you end up getting the smaller size with the ability to write notes on the S III.
    06-05-2012 01:50 PM
    I had the same hesitation...I really want the note, but im on sprint.

I decided to go with the s3. I think there will be more dev support for a longer time and 4.8 is a nice slab of screen. not to mention...it will be "in the hand" by the end of this month. I vcan always ebay the s3 for the note deuce if I change my mind.

on a separate note (no pun)...my GF is on my account and she told me she'd take my s3 and I could use her upgrade for the note if it came to that. ....i think i may just marry this one.
    BOSSY TEXAS CHICK and Dazo like this.
    06-05-2012 03:29 PM
    Aww man a Galaxy Note 2 wouldve been a beast but 5.5 inches? Come on thats huge. 5 is almost too big. Glad I got 4.8 GS3
    kboss375 likes this.
    06-05-2012 04:54 PM
    I had the same hesitation...I really want the note, but im on sprint.

I decided to go with the s3. I think there will be more dev support for a longer time and 4.8 is a nice slab of screen. not to mention...it will be "in the hand" by the end of this month. I vcan always ebay the s3 for the note deuce if I change my mind.

on a separate note (no pun)...my GF is on my account and she told me she'd take my s3 and I could use her upgrade for the note if it came to that. ....i think i may just marry this one.
    If don't marry her, I will
    06-05-2012 06:30 PM
    The OG Note is still set to be released in July for Tmo and maybe a few other carriers. That would **** many people off to buy it and then a bigger better version is released in 4 months. I dont see that happening.
    06-05-2012 08:03 PM
    The OG Note is still set to be released in July for Tmo and maybe a few other carriers. That would **** many people off to buy it and then a bigger better version is released in 4 months. I dont see that happening.
    Sounds like the Razr Maxx fiasco.
    06-05-2012 09:58 PM
    5.5" would be a mistake imo. 5" seems about ideal for me.
    06-06-2012 07:08 AM
    the note 2 would only be on ATT though correct?
    06-06-2012 09:02 AM
    With the release of S3 on Verzion, and no news of anything for the Note on Verzion, it is tempting to just go with the S3.

But, after holding the note in my hand at the store today and comparing to a 4.8 screen I'm going to wait it out for the note II.
    A screen size of 5.3 or greater, just feels so right.

If Verzion does not get off their backside and the Note II is released on another network, I may just go with an international version and another carrier.
    06-06-2012 04:52 PM
    With the release of S3 on Verzion, and no news of anything for the Note on Verzion, it is tempting to just go with the S3.

If Verzion does not get off their backside and the Note II is released on another network, I may just go with an international version and another carrier.
    what if they release the note 1?!?

06-06-2012 06:00 PM
    Aww man a Galaxy Note 2 wouldve been a beast but 5.5 inches? Come on thats huge. 5 is almost too big. Glad I got 4.8 GS3
    The G-Note II has the same dimensions.. Just less bezel.. I have big hands, And I have sampled the G-Note at best buy.. not a problem for me.. And I believe the A-15 5250 / T604 will surpass even the mighty A-9 Quad-Core / Mali-400 in performance That's a little more future proof for me since I have to pay Retail Price for any upgrade I make to keep my Unlimited Data. So its worth a 5 month wait for me, My current 4G phone really is just fine. I want that SoC combo and the 5.5 inch screen ( not to mention a 400% increase in GPU performace? are you kidding me Samsung ! ) so I am going to pass on the S3 but the S3 is one hell of a phone.. I know you all are going to love it.

06-06-2012 11:33 PM

After over two years of using my driodX.... I would get this in a heartbeat.
    06-07-2012 12:15 AM

Hoov.. I think this phone and the Incredible 4G? I believe its called for $149.00? and the RazrMaxx HD are the hot tickets for the time being. I don't see any point in Verizon going for the G-Note 1 at this stage, ah.. But the G-Note 2 ! Now that's where I think All 5 Carrier's will again "Jump Onboard" the A15 based 5250 CPU coupled with the Incredible T-604 GPU is going to be a very,very fast phone. HD everything including gaming will be a piece of cake for that T-604 GPU.. 400% stronger than the GPU in the Galaxy SII ? Really ?? The SII played every game I have seen with incredible smoothness.. so the T-604 GPU can only be a "Sure Thing Lock" for future proofing my G-Note 2 thru 2013.. Not to mention the more efficient operating 5250 CPU. I can wait til Black Friday/ Cyber Monday to get that phone for me, It would truly be the Perfect Phone.

06-07-2012 01:13 AM
    the G-Note 2 ! Now that's where I think All 5 Carrier's will again "Jump Onboard" ...., It would truly be the Perfect Phone.
    I agree, I've been drooling over the Note1 for quite some time now...but another 5 month wait...I just can't do it. I'm using an LG Optimus S and my upgrade has been available on Sprint for over a year.... I keep waiting for the next big thing....which in this case...I agree... is the Note2...but I just can't wait anymore. What finally made me decide was dev support. there is a good chance that the 5 major carriers will carry the note2 now that they all jumped on the S3...but I keep reading ppl say they feel the note is too big. I personally disagree, but the majority (i feel) will lean towards the s3 over the note....which in turn will mean more support for the s3 then there will be for the note. Will there be enough support for the note? I'm sure there will be...especially if all the carriers jump on it like they did the s3...but for me...the wait is over. I jumped on the s3 preorder. Maybe I'll regret it, but like I said...I have a back up plan...ill give the s3 to the GF and buy the note2!
    06-07-2012 05:37 PM
    The GSIII is absolutely pushing it for size for me. I couldn't do a note sized phone.

I told myself a year ago that I was going to wait for the "next gen" system that integrated LTE on chip. That's here now and I'm jumping off the new gear train.

As it is, I'm tentatively planning to ride my unlimited data as log as I can with the GSIII and possibly look at getting a 7" Jellybean tablet mid next year to quell the upgrade bug. ...Although my wife's upgrade comes due in 9 months and maybe shared family plan data wouldn't be too bad...

-Suntan
    06-07-2012 07:45 PM
    I believe the A-15 5250 / T604 will surpass even the mighty A-9 Quad-Core / Mali-400 in performance That's a little more future proof for me

Click to view quoted image
    If specs are right, should be a beast. I have been holding on to an upgrade waiting for SGS3. If I were paying full price, I would consider waiting.

As for the "c pen", do we know how much it will be? I just want to be able to write notes on photos.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 on ATT LTE
    06-07-2012 08:50 PM
    I agree, I've been drooling over the Note1 for quite some time now...but another 5 month wait...I just can't do it. I keep waiting for the next big thing....which in this case...I agree... is the Note2...but I just can't wait anymore.
    The SIII is a GREAT PHONE.. No one can deny that. And I am sure you will be 100% satisfied... IMHO the G-Note is a New Breed of device and now, with the 5250/T-604 hopefully being installed in the G-Note 2 this unit is going to be a true "Jack of all Trades" I have a rooted/romed Droid Charge running the Eclispe Rom with Go Launcher Ex. ( Very Smooth ) so, I am going to wait You know
    what they say: * Good Things Come To Those Who Wait *

06-08-2012 12:55 AM
    5.5" would be a mistake imo. 5" seems about ideal for me.
    Hey Slide.. Really? I don't know.. IMHO this very average sized young lady's hand is holding the G-Note quite easily.. I have held it several times at Best Buy and it fits my hand just as fine as my 4.3 inch Droid Charge Does.. I am 6' 250 lbs

06-08-2012 01:34 AM
    That's huge. I'll pass on the note series all together. Can hardly walk with that in my pocket. Lol
    Agree, 4.8 is about my limit unless they remove all bezel. 5.5 no thanks as the note is already a huge phone.
    06-08-2012 05:51 AM
    That's huge. ..... Can hardly walk with that in my pocket. Lol
    "That's What" -She

06-08-2012 08:29 AM
    There's always going to be a newer phone coming out. If you need a phone now get the SGS3... if not... and you want the larger screen size (phablet)... wait for the next Galaxy Note.
    Yea I agree. There's always something newer coming out. If one keeps waiting for the latest and greatest, it's just stupid.
    06-08-2012 09:56 AM
62 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD