How is Touch Wiz?

craigrn16

Oct 7, 2010
Visit site
I have never used a Touch Wiz device. Was thinking of Getting the GS 3 though it looks great. I love stock ICS and hope that TW doesn't take away from its beauty and function. So for those that have the GS3 how is the Touch Wiz interface? Hope not as bad as moto blur.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

crspy

Apr 24, 2010
Visit site
It's alright, adds some functionality to the phone that stock doesn't without modification. I recommend flashing CM9 though, but the new touchwiz doesn't look too bad.

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Touchwiz sucks hard, but I assume most versions will get CM9 pretty quickly. For however much it sucks, at least it's not as destructive as Sense though.

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Well yes Touch Wiz does have some multitasking but on the Galaxy S III if you press down on the physical button you get the stock ICS task manager. The GS3 has 2gb of RAM which will allow you to run several applications without having to use the task manager to close apps

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Anyone know somewhere I can findout about this CM9? Is it the android equivalent to Cydia? I know about the software and hardware of android but Im not up to par on these hacks and things. Care to explain?

thirsy1258

Mar 18, 2011
Visit site
Anyone know somewhere I can findout about this CM9? Is it the android equivalent to Cydia? I know about the software and hardware of android but Im not up to par on these hacks and things. Care to explain?

Cm9 is pure Android with no skins such as blur touch wiz or sense.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
Just replace the launcher, use Nova/Apex and you get the best of both worlds. The TW music/video players, camera apps are arguably as good as anything on the Play store, and you can use the new features like Smart Stay etc too. None of those are going to be in custom roms for a very long time.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site
Just replace the launcher, use Nova/Apex and you get the best of both worlds. The TW music/video players, camera apps are arguably as good as anything on the Play store, and you can use the new features like Smart Stay etc too. None of those are going to be in custom roms for a very long time.

Considering new and improved S3 add ons seem to be released daily, I have a feeling roms will be cherry picking the good stuff sooner than later.

That being said, I fully agree with others - the launcher is rubbish.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums

OMGLadyGaga

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
I don't root my phones, just not really interested in it to be honest. But I have a Galaxy S2 and I actually really like TW. While I don't think it looks as nice as stock ICS, I prefer using TW to other launchers. It's just smoother to me, and Samsung does really do a good job with acceleration on it it seems like, as TW just works quick and fast, more so than GoLauncher, ADW, etc. I had an Evo 3D previously, and Sense sucked; it was slow and laggy, definitely had to get a different launcher for that. So if the biggest thing getting in the way of buying or not buying the phone is TW, I wouldn't worry about it. I don't think it's "ugly" as others suggest. In fact everybody else would just say put another ROM on it and call it a day, but the majority of the potential buyers are like and me and don't root so TW does what it's supposed to do IMO and that is just work, and work fast.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chelrie