S3 Micro SD cards

Wolvan

May 1, 2012
Visit site
Here is a big forum post all about testing SD cards (normal, but the information still applies) from the free Go Pro website. (I have a gopro hero2 I use for skiing and diving).

You can click on the embedded charts and see the different speeds of different manufacture and class cards. Plus links to the testing programs themselves.

GoProUser.freeforums.org • Login

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I have a Samsung 32GB Class 10 microSDHC card in my SGS2 and SD Card Tester (300MB test file) reliably gives 10 MB/s write, 15 MB/s read, and this is consistent with upload/download speeds from my laptop via USB mass storage. Class 10 only requires 10 MB/s sequential (non-fragmented) read/write. So I assume you're suggesting that this means of measuring card writing speed is inaccurate.

No, that's not what I meant, I was wrong in my post. Someone had posted saying the very thing I said and I trusted what they said. Obviously I should have researched it more because you are right and I learned that yesterday. :-[

Bsk8r999

Jun 21, 2012
Visit site
I will be using this this Sandisk Class10 card in my GS3 and moving my 32GB Samsung Class 10 to my Xoom. My current 16GB Class 10 Kingston will most likely get resold with my International S2.

Does that 64gb in the picture work with your s3? I picked up the same one from amazon, neither it nor my phone ate here yet though. What's the difference between sdHC or sdXC?

Fillyo

Aug 7, 2010
Visit site
I am awaiting my SanDisk class 10 sdxc card , should ship in a week.

Sent from my SCH-I535 using Android Central Forums

yoon82

Jul 8, 2012
Visit site
It really depends on what you plan on doing with your phone and why you need the extra space. I got myself a 32GB class 4 SD card and it's plenty for me. It's just enough for me to store random pics and music. (I transfer all my pics on my external, anyway.)

johnj2803

Apr 28, 2011
Visit site
It really depends on what you plan on doing with your phone and why you need the extra space. I got myself a 32GB class 4 SD card and it's plenty for me. It's just enough for me to store random pics and music. (I transfer all my pics on my external, anyway.)

I will be using it for photos and biceps as well. I got the class 10 anyway because I want my card to read and write faster when doing busrt mode with the camera

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S3 using Tapatalk2

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
calvinxander08