US VS. International Size

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Does anyone know if the US version will the thicker than the international version like prior Samsung phones?

The Galaxy Nexus was thicker.

I've called Samsung, etc.. and no one knows what the dimensions of the US version will be....

sleek881

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
It will be exactly the same as the international dual core 4G version. Dimensions are the same.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
Unlike previous Galaxy S releases... I think the S3 is expected to be visually the same across all carriers and locations.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Unlike previous Galaxy S releases... I think the S3 is expected to be visually the same across all carriers and locations.

I think the only exception is Japan. I believe it is slightly thicker.
Maybe due to the tv capabilities.
Never confirmed myself, but that is what I read the day they announced.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Verizon has it listed at 5.4*2.8*3

Same on sprint.

Those are different than the international and at at and t.
Are they rounding or is there a difference?

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Any place I've see a screen protector or a case have stated that the items will fit all versions of the phone

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
The nit picking on these threads is getting redundant. I think people just need something to talk/complain about until they get the phone in their hands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
There is no nit picking at all. I'm a case manufacturer and I want to know if I can start production.

And exact size matters alot.

Yesterday none of the carriers had the sizes - today AT&T does and Verizon does.

Here is the Verizon Link - Set Your Location

Dimensions: 5.4” x 2.8” x .3”

Here is the Sprint Link - http://shop.sprint.com/mysprint/shop/phone_details.jsp?prodId=dvc6430004prd&deviceSKUId=64300119&flow=AAL&planSKUId=&ptn=&tabId=dt_phones

5.4” x 2.8” x .3”

AT & T - Samsung Galaxy S? III Cell Phone - from AT&T

5.38 x 2.78 x 0.34 inches

US Cellular - Samsung Galaxy S? III - Blue 16GB | Samsung Phones | Cell Phones | U.S. Cellular

5.38" x 2.78" x 0.34"

So the biggest two are different. Now I can possibly think the others rounded the numbers but I have to make sure.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
The nit picking on these threads is getting redundant. I think people just need something to talk/complain about until they get the phone in their hands.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

It will get even worst once they have the phone in their hands. You just can't please some people, and it will bring out the trolls in droves.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
Every board and phone from the OG Droid to the Bionic to the GNEX has trolls like nuts. People are never happy and always have stuff to complain about. When I got the GNEX I looked and decided I could live with it until it was updated. The Bionic was far worse.

I'm making three kinds of cases for the S III so if I get the size wrong it cost me an arm and a leg. So I'm just verifying. Im going to call Sprint and Verizon and Samsung again but I expect they will just say what's on the site.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Verizon has it listed at 5.4*2.8*3

Same on sprint.

Those are different than the international and at at and t.
Are they rounding or is there a difference?

They're rounding. .3" is like 7.6 mm thick. That would be news. .34", as listed for the rest of the devices = 8.6mm.
The Sprint and Verizon phones are can't be a mm thinner.

SSHGuru

Banned
Dec 15, 2009
Visit site
They're rounding. .3" is like 7.6 mm thick. That would be news. .34", as listed for the rest of the devices = 8.6mm.
The Sprint and Verizon phones are can't be a mm thinner.

That's a very astute point, no way they would be thinner unless they were wider.