Is SG3 the perfect phone?

ctys2ard

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
What is still missing? What do you want to see in the ideal SG4 perhaps?

How would you picture your ideal phone?

Your say please

Lolanerd

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site
I would want the samoled+, an awesome processor like the 5250, TW upgrades maybe, especially on the launcher.
However, I realize that these are around right now so I'm guessing the S4 will have a SoC and screen that blow current models out of the water

Habiib

Sep 25, 2011
Visit site
From a specs and features standpoint I will say no ONLY because it doesn't run pure ICS. However, based on the video reviews I've seen..the performance is jaw dropping. I wager that running ICS it would possibly out perform its quad-core touchwiz variant. That's the one thing for ME. But I doubt any one will have buyers remorse with this phone.

Sent from my EVO using Android Central Forums

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
It's not the perfect phone... but it sure is close. As others have said... I wouldn't mind the having the "+" added to the Super AMOLED name (no shared pixels)... even tho the battery is large... even more battery life is always a great thing. I remember before smart phones I could go for several days without recharging my phone. Also... from the sample pictures I've seen... the HTC One X photos appear to be sharper. In all fairness tho... the HTC One X photos seem to be better than ALL the other phone pictures I've seen so far.

UCLA 15

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site
Strange question, as there will never be a perfect phone. Phones are a product of engineering, which naturally involves compromising. The mic is . There. That's just one thing, and a small one, but all it takes is just one thing to render the achievement of perfection failed. A better question would be "is the GS3 the best phone of 2012, the best phone of all time, the best Android of all time, the Android that jumped the biggest gap from its competition, the most technologically superior phone of its time, etc.". The thread would be fine if the title was "What is still missing" and you kept the same post body, because those things are actually answerable.

ctys2ard

Feb 24, 2012
Visit site
Strange question, as there will never be a perfect phone. Phones are a product of engineering, which naturally involves compromising. The mic is . There. That's just one thing, and a small one, but all it takes is just one thing to render the achievement of perfection failed. A better question would be "is the GS3 the best phone of 2012, the best phone of all time, the best Android of all time, the Android that jumped the biggest gap from its competition, the most technologically superior phone of its time, etc.". The thread would be fine if the title was "What is still missing" and you kept the same post body, because those things are actually answerable.

The actual aim of the thread is in the 2nd part of the question. Whereas the title is rhetorical in nature. Sorry if it is misleading.

dmmarck

Retired Moderator
Dec 28, 2011
Visit site

For the "jumping the gap" thing, it's not even the best Sammy GS to do that--that would be its predecessor.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
To be the perfect phone:

Quadruple QUADCORE
8GB RAM
128GB onboard storage
2160P HD screen
3500 mah battery with same weight
Never freeze
Never reboot
No radio problems
Ummm Perfect.

So in this sense, no it's not the perfect phone LOL.

blitz118

Apr 22, 2010
Visit site
For the "jumping the gap" thing, it's not even the best Sammy GS to do that--that would be its predecessor.

It jumps, and stomps on it's predecessor. It's predecessor did not have any competition like it has now, and it will be the best android phone of 2012. It's predecessor did not bring the amount of features that it brings to the market. The features will help convert non android users to android users. Look at how many Black berry and iPhone users are ready to make the switch.

The phone is being released on 5 different carriers in US at the same time. Correct me if I am wrong, but no other phone has done that.

Last edited:

UCLA 15

Apr 18, 2012
Visit site

Yep, I would agree. I would say the GS2 is one of the best Androids of all time and stood well above everything else during its prime. It was the phone that made people like me who got other new phones (Sensation) at the time it came out hate themselves, and hate that it wouldn't be coming to the U.S. for a considerable period.

It jumps, and stomps on it's predecessor. It's predecessor did not have any competition like it has now, and it will be the best android phone of 2012. It's predecessor did not bring the amount of features that it brings to the market. The features will help convert non android users to android users. Look at how many Black berry and iPhone users are ready to make the switch.

The phone is being released on 5 different carriers in US at the same time. Correct me if I am wrong, but no other phone has done that.

The GS2 had plenty of competition, including G2X, Evo 3D/Sensation, Atrix 4G, etc. It just stomped all over the competition and had tremendous influence throughout all of 2011. The GS3 does not stomp all over the competition-the One X is its only competitor right now, and it's a way closer race than what the GS2 ran with 2011 competition. It just doesn't clearly outshine the One X. Best phone of 2012? Good luck with that. Later this year we will finally see completely new SoCs (new GPUs finally, rather than 2011-grade GPUs), as well as a host of other improvements. The GS3 will likely be considered one of the best phones this year as well as one of the most influential (yea-I won't deny that a ton of people are preordering it), but it still won't be what the GS2 was in 2011.

Reactions: ctys2ard

Cubfan

Jun 19, 2010
Visit site
A much better camera with optical zoom would be nice. I'd like the ability to select 720p with 60fps video... Somebody has to eventually offer better frame rate. RAW photo capture would also be great. No more megapixels... Just adds noise.

How about exchangeable backs with different lens magnification for those who think the ultra wide lens gives too much distortion. I'd love if phone manufacturers consulted real photographers. We do need something like the instant iCloud that Apple offers. Dropbox isn't it.

Video audio quality appears to be a real flaw with this camera. It's awful. Hopefully the mic is better and this is a firmware glitch with too much audio compression.

I get the plastic back, but why not try something nobody is doing like elegant wood finish? Offer many more colors and finishes.

Would be nice if I didn't have to buy a new hdmi adapter from the one that worked with the GS2.

In phone logging to a file of everything that happens on the phone saved to the cloud and transferred to each new phone. Google probably needs to offer this.

Built In location or time based settings... That is easily configurable. Motorola does this. Surprised the others don't copy.

In phone emulation of car audio control by using automobile Bluetooth... The car thinks it is on a call, but really controlling the phone with the in car mic.

A car dock that provides power AND audio through a single cable (like the Motorola phones) and provide a long enough cable and car USB adapter.

Configurable background settings for apps... So I can determine which apps never are killed. I have 2gb of RAM, so let me use it.

Using Bluetooth and GPS, log all car trips and allow me to designate business trips in the logs for IRS reporting purposes.

Ok, that's enough, but I could go on and on.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

hell911

May 5, 2012
Visit site
To be the perfect phone:

Quadruple QUADCORE
8GB RAM
128GB onboard storage
2160P HD screen
3500 mah battery with same weight
Never freeze
Never reboot
No radio problems
Ummm Perfect.

So in this sense, no it's not the perfect phone LOL.

dont talk about walkman size phone pls. :D

abhijit1289

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
Far from it... While it is a great phone in many ways, it's ugliness, pentile display, and size don't make it the..'perfect phone'
Even touchwiz, which offers a little extra functionality (s-voice and s-beam, etc) does look a tad too cartoonish and gingerbread-esque to be 'perfect'. Just my two cents! :)

Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

MNadMan

Apr 23, 2012
Visit site
well, it's probably the best one out right now, other than the Sammy Note. which I would have bought, like the stylus, etc. but not on Verizon where I have grandfathered unlimited data. Glad something sweet finally came out. almost bought a nexus, razr or rezound, but none of them were what I wanted. been waiting since aug 2011 (when my upgrade was up).
I would like a 12mp or more camera. and a much larger battery. I don't need the phone to be so thin or light. I still have my old orig moto Droid v1. so give me a 4000mah battery in that S3 and it'd still be smaller and lighter than a moto Droid. ;^)

Here, a camera like this!: nokia 41mp pureview Nokia 808 PureView 41 megapixel cameraphone demo - YouTube

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
If you are a big guy like me with big hands the G-Note 2 on Verizon this fall with the 5250 CPU / T604 GPU & Unlimited 4G Data will be that phone.

T604.jpg

Last edited:

DroidDavi

Jan 25, 2012
Visit site
for me no i like pure android and would take a hit in the specs department any day to get pure android. also TW kills me and i honestly think sense 4 beats TW4. i personally think the one xl is a better phone

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chuckm