The Suits begin...

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
I agree with an earlier post. Carriers are going to tire of the litigation. Release the i5 and let's throw down to see who is best.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
The iPhone and iPad make the carriers a considerable amount of money as well, don't overlook that fact. I doubt the carriers really care whether you buy an iPhone or an Android device. Although they could take a beating if they have a lot of money tied up in launch promotions and these things get held up.

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
This should surprise no one. I bet Apple has a whole series of bogus lawsuits just ready to be filed. They spend millions on lobbying, bribing politicians and the USPTO, and creating a public image so they win jury cases without ever being right.

All while giving not a single cent to charity or their foreign workers.

One of the dirtiest tech companies ever.

So true, here we have a company that pays its employees in China just a tiny fraction what Samsung pays its employees in Korea. Apple has been a company that has always played dirty and like you said, they are able to get away with it because they can throw their weight around as one of the wealthiest companies in America. It just sickens me how Apple does buisness. In early American history there were lots of big monopolies in every industry who just took an advantage of people and could care less about them. Apple certianly is a monopoly and its attempt to destroy Android through these pointless and endless lawsuits is a good sign Apple wants to eliminate its competition so the iPhone is our only choice for a smartphone and they'll charge a $1000 for it if they could. I would be damn if this happens because id rather use a flip phone ever before I use an iPhone.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

flyer8493

Jul 20, 2010
Visit site
Too bad the carriers won't ever freeze out the iPhone until apple quits doing this crap.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

DrDoppio

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
Too bad the carriers won't ever freeze out the iPhone until apple quits doing this crap.

The US carriers will lose money on HOX or SG3 delays -- they've spent billions building up their 4G networks which the puny iPhone cannot use. Therefore the carriers are the ones that should tell Apple to quit the bull or to take its phone elsewhere. A 30 day ban at Verizon or AT&T would kill AAPL.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tampaguy75

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
Samsung says Galaxy S III U.S. launch to go ahead, despite Apple suit | Reuters

Samsung says Galaxy S III U.S. launch to go ahead, despite Apple suit

(Reuters) - Samsung Electronics Co (005930.KS) said on Thursday the latest version of its flagship smartphone Galaxy S will go on sale in the U.S. market as planned, despite a sales injunction request filed by Apple (AAPL.O) to a U.S. court.

"Samsung believes Apple's request is without merit. We will vigorously oppose the request," the South Korean firm said in a statement.

"We would also like to assure consumers that the U.S. launch and sales of the GALAXY S III will proceed as planned."

U.S. sales of the third generation Galaxy S model, which hit store shelves in some 28 countries last week, have been widely expected to start later this month.

(Reporting by Miyoung Kim; Editing by Richard Pullin)

((miyoung.kim@thomsonreuters.com)(822 3704 5651)(Reuters Messaging: miyoung.kim.thomsonreuters.com@reuters.net)) Keywords: APPLE SAMSUNG/LAUNCH

(C) Reuters 2012. All rights reserved. Republication or redistribution of Reuters content, including by caching, framing, or similar means, is expressly prohibited without the prior written consent of Reuters. Reuters and the Reuters sphere logo are registered trademarks and trademarks of the Reuters group of companies around the world.

Reactions: famousstarchriss

danibal

Aug 9, 2010
Visit site
The US carriers will lose money on HOX or SG3 delays -- they've spent billions building up their 4G networks which the puny iPhone cannot use. Therefore the carriers are the ones that should tell Apple to quit the bull or to take its phone elsewhere. A 30 day ban at Verizon or AT&T would kill AAPL.

While I don't know the details on the actual contracts, I'm pretty sure the carriers would never do this. Remember, most of these companies have already pre-purchased these phones from Apple so the only company it would hurt to not sell them would be the carriers. Second, these companies have to answer to share holders who see the iPhone as a money making item, and to them that's the bottom line. Lastly, I'm pretty sure if the carriers did this it would probably nullify the contract with fairly heavy penalties against them. When they negotiated their contracts with Apple, Apple definitely had the upper hand and got the better end of the deal, so anything like this will only hurt the carriers.

Apple certianly is a monopoly and its attempt to destroy Android through these pointless and endless lawsuits is a good sign Apple wants to eliminate its competition so the iPhone is our only choice for a smartphone and they'll charge a $1000 for it if they could.

How exactly is Apple a monopoly? Last I checked they don't even have 50% of the market. I'm definitely not happy with what they're doing and I think these patents are a bunch of bs, but there is definitely not a monopoly (although if Apple had their way, I'm sure they would want to be one). Hopefully this doesn't delay me getting this phone.

Last edited by a moderator:

PsYcHoNeWb

Feb 17, 2011
Visit site
How exactly is Apple a monopoly? Last I checked they don't even have 50% of the market. I'm definitely not happy with what they're doing and I think these patents are a bunch of bs, but there is definitely not a monopoly (although if Apple had their way, I'm sure they would want to be one). Hopefully this doesn't delay me getting this phone.

I agree with this 100%. They are techincally not considered a monopoly because economically speaking they would need to be able to control the prices of the open market based on their products alone which is not the case here. While they may wish to be a monopoly in the market, they would want to be the "good guy monopoly" if that makes sense. Lets be sensible here people. Business is a vicious world, if you expect companies to be nice to one another you need to grow up and realize that sometimes to get ahead in this world you need to step on peoples toes. While I do not agree with what Apple is doing, who can blame them? It is how the world works now a days.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Any updates anywhere? Thought the og story was the hearing on the nexus was today. Wouldn't the judge rule to allow/disallow the inclusion of the sgs3 BEFORE the hearing starts?

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

chubb

Nov 3, 2010
Visit site
Hopefully Samsung beechslaps apple with those lte patents. That's just what apple needs. Maybe then they will realize there nit the holy grail of tech, and most of the world don't want their products.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
Hopefully Samsung beechslaps apple with those lte patents. That's just what apple needs. Maybe then they will realize there nit the holy grail of tech, and most of the world don't want their products.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

I agree, although Apple will still have its cult of fans who would buy their products no matter what they are but the truth is Apple's hold to the smartphone market is slipping. If iOS 6 and the iPhone 5 dont introduce major changes, Apple might as well dig itself a grave like RIM has with BlackBerry.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

DrDoppio

Oct 25, 2011
Visit site
While I don't know the details on the actual contracts, I'm pretty sure the carriers would never do this. Remember, most of these companies have already pre-purchased these phones from Apple so the only company it would hurt to not sell them would be the carriers.

I wasn't suggesting breaking the existing contracts, but standing their ground when re-negotiating them.

Second, these companies have to answer to share holders who see the iPhone as a money making item, and to them that's the bottom line. Lastly, I'm pretty sure if the carriers did this it would probably nullify the contract with fairly heavy penalties against them. When they negotiated their contracts with Apple, Apple definitely had the upper hand and got the better end of the deal, so anything like this will only hurt the carriers...

The iPhone is becoming increasingly expensive for the carriers. They pay higher subsidy for it than for comaprable Android phones, and it is lagging behind technologically (still no 4G). Networks want to sell bandwidth, and the iPhone isn't the best way to do it.

Jaimeg123prmt

Jan 7, 2011
Visit site
And no flash player on them either. I rarely use my laptop now due to my eric 4g touch's capability to browse the web in true desktop form.

I can watch movies, download torrents, watch videos in youtube that can only be watched in a desktop, and even stream sports.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
And no flash player on them either. I rarely use my laptop now due to my eric 4g touch's capability to browse the web in true desktop form.

Mobile flash is going the way of the dinosaur with Adobe no longer developing for it aside from bug fixes and security updates. Wonder if it'll even work on Jelly Bean.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RemusGhostofRome