So I was planning on Preordering the S3 from best buy or amazon because I have a couple deals with both of them. However, my dad says that if I don't buy it from Sprint then I have to pay some $36 fee or something like that. Is this true, and if so, why?
    06-07-2012 10:41 AM
    you will have to pay $36 activation fee anywhere, especially the sprint store. they used to be pretty good about taking the charge off, but now they charge no matter how much you ask them/threaten with canceling. i think you would be better off trying to get best buy or amazon to take the fee off...good luck
    06-07-2012 11:01 AM
    Someone mentioned in a thread that best buy is giving away a $50 gift card when you pick up your pre-ordered s3 (not the "buy a gift card now to reserve", they actually said you get a gift card if you pre-order when you pick up).

I haven't been able to find any evidence of that online, but if it's true it will more than make up for the dumb $36 fee.
    06-07-2012 11:55 AM
    Someone mentioned in a thread that best buy is giving away a $50 gift card when you pick up your pre-ordered s3 (not the "buy a gift card now to reserve", they actually said you get a gift card if you pre-order when you pick up).

I haven't been able to find any evidence of that online, but if it's true it will more than make up for the dumb $36 fee.
    Think I read somewhere that it was for people opening new lines or something.
    06-07-2012 01:09 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD