My GS3 has shipped, first android device, got questions.

jojobda

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Hey folks, first time poster.

I just ordered my SG3 yesterday and should recieve it in about a week. this will be my first Android device so i have quite a few questions for the masses. no need for d-baggery as im asking because im genuinely unfamiliar with the android device and all i know about it is what i have been reading for the last 8 months.

im looking to have the s3 replace my ipod, so how would one go about getting my songs from the itunes folder onto the fone? and also i want to have the music on the memory card not the onboard hdd by default.

i live in bermuda so i know my google play options will be slightly limited for downloading. at home i use a vpn which spins me "simulated US location" so i have access to stuff like pandora hulu appletv, all the us only stuff. will my vpn trick my fone when im on wifi @ home? (didnt seem to work with my wifes note, dunno if im missing somethin, but we downloaded alot of US only apps in TX last week)

finally, there are several apps that im looking at that require a rooted fone, are there currently any rooting options with the S3? or is it too early? i know that someone simulated a root before the release but im not sure of the details.

thx for taking the time to read it, i look forward to getting more geeked when i get my S3.

jojobda

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site

mpmtkd

Apr 24, 2012
Visit site
For your VPN issue, are you using VPN through your computer or router? Big difference. You won't be able to (assuming there's no app) to do VPN through your phone unless you have your entire router configured through VPN and not only your PC.

jojobda

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
For your VPN issue, are you using VPN through your computer or router? Big difference. You won't be able to (assuming there's no app) to do VPN through your phone unless you have your entire router configured through VPN and not only your PC.

The entire router is configured as it feeds all of the devices throughout the house so that we can all benefit from the overseas content and selections

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2