Nice job Apple. You're obviously pissing off GS3 fans and there are rumblings that your own Fan Boys are getting tired of your games. Who else are you going to **** off.... Oh..... The FTC! Nice!

Article can be found on pocketnow.com

Sent from my MOTOROLA ATRIX 2 Android Central Forums
    06-07-2012 05:38 PM
    post the link
    06-07-2012 05:58 PM
    06-07-2012 06:02 PM
    lol. I'm not surprised that could happen! It gets old!
    06-07-2012 06:25 PM
    It's about freaking time
    06-07-2012 06:39 PM
    I think the article refers specifically to frand licenses. Apple was made to sound like a victim in the article I read.
    Apple is complaining that they agree to use a standard, according to the frand license, and then end up getting sued. Edit:

http://mobile.theverge.com/2012/6/7/3071117/ftc-standards-related-patents-can-cause-substantial-harm-when-used-to

They need to do something. Apple got a patent for a "wedge" shape on laptops. Anytime a laptop is made where the front and back have different thicknesses- LAWSUIT!!

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 on ATT LTE
    06-07-2012 07:14 PM
    If the article is read correctly they concerned about bans due to rulings on technologies that should be considered as industry standards. Not bans in general. And if read some more you would see that this would appear to me more against Samsung and motorola because they also have filed lawsuits. Apple isn't the only one. Difference they are filing suits on technology that are "standard". Hopefully this results in less lawsuits and bans. But I don't have a problem with a company trying to protect what they believe is theirs. The courts can decide that. But it's when they are suing over something that isn't theirs that the FTC is looking at. There's a difference between petty and frivolous.
    06-07-2012 07:22 PM
    Didn't realize the board was full of lawyers.
    06-07-2012 07:26 PM
    Didn't realize the board was full of lawyers.
    LMAO

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    06-07-2012 07:45 PM
    The article from Pocketnow is a bit misleading. If you goto the source article at the bottom from Bloomberg news, its actually an article about google trying to block apple and microsoft, not Apple blocking HTC or Samsung.

Now, don't get me wrong. I think crApple is the main cause of the many patent wars and import blocks etc. I know they have won some suits in other countries and screwed up the HTC launch. Hopefully samsung will overcome this crap with the S3.

FTC Says Import Bans on Microsoft, Apple May Hurt Competition - Businessweek
    06-07-2012 08:13 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD