Where are all the S4 version reviews?

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
2 weeks to release and so far I know of only preview of the S4 variant. Don't reviewers have units in hand by this time? International version had tons of reviews by this time.

Vikman

Apr 15, 2012
Visit site
Is there really a reason to do another review? The difference between the international and U.S. version is the dual core vs quad and 2gig of ram vs 1gig. I may be wrong but wouldn't any review pretty much be a rehash of the international version? I think we can safely assume both versions are fast? The design is the same and nothing else has changed either.

LazrRocketArm

Sep 12, 2011
Visit site
Maybe it would be some rehashing, but I am also interested in some good S4 testing. Mobilesyrup is the only source I have seen with some testing/benchmarks.

Sent from my Samsung Galaxy S2 Skyrocket SGH-i727 on ATT LTE

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
There are many reasons for a review - its a new chipset, probably new radios, audio dac, gps chipset, who knows. Battery life, multitasking, speaker quality, signal, reception, just some of the few things that are going to be different. Not to mention we have no idea if carriers disabled any features, what bloatware they added etc.

jroc

Jun 26, 2010
Visit site
There are many reasons for a review - its a new chipset, probably new radios, audio dac, gps chipset, who knows. Battery life, multitasking, speaker quality, signal, reception, just some of the few things that are going to be different. Not to mention we have no idea if carriers disabled any features, what bloatware they added etc.

Wont hold my breath on many reviewers doing a decent job on reception. But I wanna know battery life with LTE and just battery life in general.

I agree there are many reason for a review. These phones arent all just about how fast they can do a task....or how smooth they scroll thru home screens.

astoriacub

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
Wont hold my breath on many reviewers doing a decent job on reception. But I wanna know battery life with LTE and just battery life in general.

I agree there are many reason for a review. These phones arent all just about how fast they can do a task....or how smooth they scroll thru home screens.

astoriacub

Jun 1, 2010
Visit site
I would assume the review units have just or will shortly be in the hands of the reviewers although the reviews may be under an embargo. I suspect we'll start to see reviews in a week or so. This is all conjecture on my part and I could be wrong. Engadget and The Verge will publish theirs the second the embargo lifts.

Crispy

Apr 13, 2011
Visit site
The big question is LTE's effect on battery life, since the S4 is the first SoC with an integrated LTE radio which is supposed to help a lot.

RaiderWill

Jul 10, 2011
Visit site
Is there really a reason to do another review? The difference between the international and U.S. version is the dual core vs quad and 2gig of ram vs 1gig. I may be wrong but wouldn't any review pretty much be a rehash of the international version? I think we can safely assume both versions are fast? The design is the same and nothing else has changed either.

You are kidding right? :D

Suntan

Mar 16, 2011
Visit site

Exactly. I don't care to see a bunch of pictures of the LTE version phone, and I really don't want to watch another video of some guy fumbling to take a picture with it while telling me how "super fast" it takes pictures. But I do very much want to know how well the radios work, and if there are any other spec differences like features that were disabled, etc.

Basically, I want to read a full Anandtech review of the VZW version.

-Suntan

Reactions: jroc

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Landers2