06-19-2012 12:28 AM
69 123
tools
    Ok, so you received the package, and it is labeled as a class 10 card?
    Yep. Didn't have the Android on the package, but it clearly says Class 10. Seems plenty faster, more than double the speed of my class 4 32GB, which is about what I'd expect.
    06-12-2012 02:44 PM
    Mine says its supposed to ship on July 11th. Anyone else having to wait this long? It just says not yet shipped.
    I got:
    Your estimated delivery date is:
    Friday, June 15, 2012
    06-12-2012 03:43 PM
    Got the 64 gb card that I ordered from Amazon today. Picture of the package below.

Sent using Tapatalk 2
    06-12-2012 03:57 PM
    Best buy's daily deal is the 64gb class 6 microsdxc for $50 plus shipping. Picked one up but may return if I can find a class10 for the same price. I can't imagine that the phone would be able to take advantage of the class 10 vs. the class 6, can some one confirm?

SanDisk - Mobile Ultra 64GB microSDXC Class 6 Memory Card - SDSDQY-064G-A11A

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
    I bought that same one from BB thining the same thing as you...S3 wouldn't be able to write at class 10 speeds. Well we are both wrong, the S3 can indeed write at class 10 speeds. There are a couple of threads around here and one of them has the benchmarks which clearly shows it's capable.
    06-12-2012 04:50 PM
    They probably ran out of stock and that's when they expect to have the new shipment of stock in. However, with Amazon, they usually beat that date by a good amount.
    I hope so!! It would be nice to have the card in by the time I get my phone(June 21st). If anyone sees a similar deal be sure to post it, I'll do the same. I'm gonna keep the order in, but I just can't wait that long haha
    06-12-2012 05:27 PM
    Anyone else get a email like this? I placed the order back on the 6th and saw this today. Conveniently they say they are "Out of Stock" for this item as the reason the order was cancelled, then the link shows the item "In Stock" at $20 more than what I had originally ordered it for??? WTF!!
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Greetings from Amazon.com,

We're writing to inform you that your order xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx from
    BlueProton has been canceled because the item(s) you purchased were out of
    stock. Please return and place your order again at a later time.

Our sellers strive to minimize canceled orders. We're sorry for the
    inconvenience this has caused. In most cases, you pay for items when we ship
    them to you, so you won't be charged for items that are canceled. In some
    cases (e.g., you use a gift card or your debit card is processed as a
    PIN-less transaction), you may see a charge for a canceled item. If you are
    charged for a canceled item, we will refund you within 1-2 business days. If
    you have any questions regarding the cancellation of this order, please
    contact BlueProton.

If you're still interested in this item, please search for it again on
    Amazon.com.

We've included your order details below for reference. We've also included
    the URL for the item you purchased if you'd like to try ordering from
    another seller.

We value you as a customer and hope you will continue shopping on
    Amazon.com.

==================================================
    ORDER DETAILS
    ==================================================

1 of SanDisk 64GB Mobile Ultra MicroSDXC Class 6 Memory Card with SD
    Adapter - Retail Packaging
    Amazon.com: SanDisk 64GB Mobile Ultra MicroSDXC Class 6 Memory Card with SD Adapter - Retail Packaging: Computers & Accessories
    06-13-2012 02:06 AM
    Didn't get that mine still says Not Yet Shipped. I hope mine doesn't get cancelled also. I purchased on the 8th when the one day deal was going on. I hope mine doesn't get canceled. Then again at least I would know whether or not to just buy another.
    06-13-2012 03:13 AM
    The user manual for the Samsung Galaxy S III says it will only accept a card up to 32gb. I hope for everyone in this thread Samsung wrote their manual wrong.
    06-13-2012 01:54 PM
    I wish these threads would get their titles updated so I don't get excited every time someone bumps them.

Sent from my DROID X2 using Android Central Forums
    06-13-2012 02:12 PM
    The user manual for the Samsung Galaxy S III says it will only accept a card up to 32gb. I hope for everyone in this thread Samsung wrote their manual wrong.
    It has already been confirmed by people with the International version that the S3 will handle a 64GB card.
    06-13-2012 05:52 PM
    I put mine in the Epic Touch GS2. Works just fine.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2
    06-14-2012 07:33 AM
    I think everyone cleaned out Amazon's warehouse. They (class 10 SDSDQUA-064G-A11A) are now $80 with a 1-2 month ship date if you want to buy direct from Amazon.

Edit: did anyone get theirs with a sticker covering the bar code on the back of the package?
    06-14-2012 10:26 AM
    As promised, here's some screenshots of two different apps running speed test on this SD card in my current Droid X. Sorry it took so long but it took me awhile to get it working in my Droid X. It wouldn't format it and neither would my computer, so I had to use my brothers Razr Maxx to do it. Now it works perfectly in the phone. I imagine the S3 will also have no problem formatting this card just like my brothers Razr Maxx.

As for the speed test results, I imagine it isn't reaching its class 10 standard due to some limitations of the way the Droid X handles them and the speed test app. But it comes close enough and pictures in the gallery load at least twice as fast as my old SanDisk 32GB Class 4 card.
    NotJustAPhone likes this.
    06-14-2012 11:15 AM
    Mine is showing Class 10, but I don't see half that number in SD Tools. I get about 6 write and 8 read. Then again, I'm on the Epic Touch, which may make a difference. Then again, SD Card Tester gives me 10.34/34.41, so I don't know what to believe.
    06-14-2012 12:14 PM
    I think everyone cleaned out Amazon's warehouse. They (class 10 SDSDQUA-064G-A11A) are now $80 with a 1-2 month ship date if you want to buy direct from Amazon.

Edit: did anyone get theirs with a sticker covering the bar code on the back of the package?
    No sticker on the back of the package I got from Amazon. Back of the package shows the barcode.

Sent using Tapatalk 2
    06-14-2012 12:59 PM
    The specs were just posted on Samsung's site for Verizon's version and it shows support for a 64gb card.

Specs - Verizon Wireless Cell Phones SCH-I535 | Samsung Cell Phones

It has already been confirmed by people with the International version that the S3 will handle a 64GB card.
    brewzer and NotJustAPhone like this.
    06-14-2012 02:00 PM
    the class 10 64 gigs are now like 99 bucks..
    06-14-2012 05:13 PM

Houston we have a card! Now if only I had a phone to put it in to! :what:

Not sent from my Pre-Ordered Galaxy S3 as it is currently busy being taken to court by Apple, whose motto must now be "Don't innovate, just litigate"!
    06-14-2012 10:39 PM
    Got mine today perfect!

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    06-19-2012 12:28 AM
69 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD