I got the EVO LTE but I'm going to take it back and get the S3 instead. One thing I love about the EVO LTE is that when I'm playing music from the google music app (not the built-in app), and the lockscreen comes up, a widget-looking thing comes up with the album art and play/skip buttons. does anyone know if the S3 has a similar function? most phones do, but only for the native music app and not the google music app.

i have looked everywhere for this and don't see it so would appreciate the help.

Thanks!
    06-08-2012 10:20 AM
    I'd like this option for Pandora, as well. I'm sure they will have something for any music app. I think this type of functionality is programmed into the app itself.
    06-08-2012 10:34 AM
    That is a feature of ICS. So yes the S3 will also have music controls on the lock screen if a song is playing. I have the same feature on my original galaxy running CM9.

Sent from my Epic 4g using Android Central Forums
    06-08-2012 11:07 AM
    That is a feature of ICS. So yes the S3 will also have music controls on the lock screen if a song is playing. I have the same feature on my original galaxy running CM9.

Sent from my Epic 4g using Android Central Forums
    interesting because my SII running ICS did not do this. it only did it if the native music app was playing music, but not the google music app.
    06-08-2012 11:55 AM
    Yeah that sucks. I misread what he was asking. Thought it was the native music app and using ICS. I Haven't tried google music and this functionality.

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums
    06-08-2012 12:15 PM
    I thought that was feature of ics. I see music controls on lock screen on gnex, google music app and power amp both.
    06-09-2012 03:53 AM
    I will note it works on cm7.2, so if you get a phone for a bigger screen and other stuff but no ICS, then you can still get it.

I also think doubletwist had this option. Anyway, I've gotten this to work TWICE with Google listen(podcasts) over google music(the downloadable one not stock) ; it does the latter by default-dunno how I got the podcast one to work otherwise I'd share and it could help

Sent from my Triumph using Android Central Forums
    06-09-2012 06:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD