06-19-2012 09:17 PM
35 12
tools
    took my wife to AT&T and told her to pick out any phone she wanted (if mama ain't happy, nobody is happy).

She is a HTC fangirl. And told me up front that she hated the iphone and wanted another phone with sense UI on it.

I actualy tried to steer her to get the HTC one X. But in the end she said she really liked the Vivid better. She liked the size, weight and look better.

So while she didn't get the top of the line HTC phone. She will be happy and thats good enough for me.

My daughter on the otherhand (always used htc phones) Loved the skyrocket. So she is getting a marble white S3.

Diffrent strokes for diffrent folks.
    06-10-2012 06:46 PM
    As an older guy let me give you a piece of advice. Never, ever push your wife into getting something that she really doesn't want, it will come back to haunt you. Take her to a local store and let her try out all the phone and make her own decision.
    Found this out the hard way. Convinced the wife to get a Nokia Lumia 900 after telling her it had great reviews online. She absolutely hated the quirks of the Windows phone OS. She ended up returning the phone. She will pick her own phones from here on.
    06-10-2012 06:54 PM
    I was sort of in the similar position as the OP's wife (albeit with a different phone). My husband has recently got himself a Galaxy Note, which he loves to bits. He simply couldn't understand why I didn't want one as well. I've nothing against the Note-it looks like an excellent device-I just find it too big to use comfortably as a phone,which is crucial as far as I'm concerned. I felt that the SGS3 was also just too big (and I don't have particularly small hands!). Having examined the different handsets, I decided that the S2 was the perfect size for what I wanted and I love my S2 as much as my husband loves his Note. I'm glad I made the choice I did and didn't let myself be too influenced by what my husband thought I wanted/should have (however well meaning he intended to be! )

Sent from my GT-I9100 using Android Central Forums
    06-10-2012 08:24 PM
    My wife has no interest in new phones or technology whatsoever.

The only time she considers replacing a phone is when the one she's using totally breaks down. She used a Palm Pre until the slider would no longer function.

Even then she would ask me to keep trying to fix it. It just got to a point where her only option was a new phone.

She got a new phone a year ago, and settled on the most basic of devices. Wouldn't / couldn't be me, but to each their own.

Galaxy Note! Phone. Tablet. Planner. Notepad. eReader. The only device I need!
    06-10-2012 09:54 PM
    As an older guy let me give you a piece of advice. Never, ever push your wife into getting something that she really doesn't want, it will come back to haunt you. Take her to a local store and let her try out all the phone and make her own decision.
    Sometimes she doesn't know what she likes until she has it. For years, she refused to give up her Motorola RAZR for *any* other device. Finally, I broke down and got her the Fascinate. Now we're in the same boat again a few years later. She's due for an upgrade, I want her to get on 4G since she's doing a lot more multimedia, social networking, etc. and complaining slow her device is. Slow means many things in her dictionary, such as how long it takes to pull up Facebook, how long to get Google Maps to find an address/navigate, etc. I took it as both slow CPU and slow data connection. I think we're just going to wait until they are available in stores and let her go try one out...
    06-10-2012 09:54 PM
    I pulled the trigger on a GS3 for the wife in order for her to retain her unlimited data. I promised if she wasn't happy with it, we'd flip it for an iPhone5 or something else later in the year. That seemed to soften the blow
    06-14-2012 10:10 AM
    A woman's review:

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ijBzWmYnZGI&list=UUnM7BYdy07zvi5VE4hAHZww&index=2&feature=plcp[/YT]
    06-14-2012 12:59 PM
    Buy her the fly grip with the galaxy s3 it will let her use it with one hand

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums
    06-19-2012 07:44 PM
    I for one am looking forward to a bigger screen. Unlike men, women have the luxury of putting the phone into a pocketbook so it's easier for us to carry the bigger phone. Coming from a 2+ year old Droid phone, I an very much looking forward to the bigger screen! Plus, I travel 5 days a week and use my phone for a lot of emailing, travel apps, etc. The only thing I am nervous about is no longer having a physical key board.
    06-19-2012 09:08 PM
    Actually, that's my husband's option.

Sent from my HTC EVO 3D using Tapatalk 2
    Hahahaha my husband used to say that to me. I buy a new phone like every 6 months to a year. Depending on what has come out that I like/want.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    06-19-2012 09:17 PM
35 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD