Anyone have a woman's review of the device?

Hilbe

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
My wife is due for a upgrade of her beloved Galaxy S1 (Fascinate) and I'm trying to convince her to get the S3. Her gripe with my Galaxy Nexus is the size and the difficulty of single hand usage. I'd like to see some reviews, commentary, video, etc. from a woman's point of view. It's hard to sell this to my wife on replacing her 4 inch mobile device with this beast if she can't use it easily with one hand.

Roboticz

Sep 6, 2011
Visit site
I would think that if you have small hands it would be difficult to use this phone. As you said... she can't manage the Galaxy Nexus... so how would she manage the SGS3?

Personally I'm fine with the size of the Galaxy Nexus... the Galaxy Note feels large in my hands tho.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I have a female friend who has a Note and she LOVES. I asked her if it was too big for her and she said "nothing's too big for me". I hope she was talking about the phone. Lol

Reactions: j510

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
My wife is due for a upgrade of her beloved Galaxy S1 (Fascinate) and I'm trying to convince her to get the S3. Her gripe with my Galaxy Nexus is the size and the difficulty of single hand usage. I'd like to see some reviews, commentary, video, etc. from a woman's point of view. It's hard to sell this to my wife on replacing her 4 inch mobile device with this beast if she can't use it easily with one hand.

There is an excellent woman reviewer on YouTube. If you do a search on Heelsandtech I think she is more a reviewer of tech from a woman's perspective.

She is not fluff by any means, and really gives a thorough and informative review.

Her latest post is a two part comparison of the s3 vs. One x.

I'm not sure on how to post the link. I'm sorry.

Galaxy Note! Phone. Tablet. Planner. Notepad. eReader. The only device I need!

Reactions: Iamdunne

tekhna

Nov 9, 2010
Visit site
Dude with small hands here, and I'm sort of miffed by 4.8". 4.3" or 4.5" seems about right, 4.8" is getting pretty big.

Hilbe

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
There is an excellent woman reviewer on YouTube. If you do a search on Heelsandtech I think she is more a reviewer of tech from a woman's perspective.

She is not fluff by any means, and really gives a thorough and informative review.

Her latest post is a two part comparison of the s3 vs. One x.

I'm not sure on how to post the link. I'm sorry.

Galaxy Note! Phone. Tablet. Planner. Notepad. eReader. The only device I need!

Found it! Thanks. I'll watch some of those and see if it'll help me sell this thing.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
Found it! Thanks. I'll watch some of those and see if it'll help me sell this thing.

I hope you had a chance to the watch the review. I just watched it myself for the first time and learned a lot about the s3 & HOX I wasn't aware of.

I own the Note, and thus have found the perfect phone for me, but I will show this review to my wife and I think after she views it she'll want one herself.

Let me know your thoughts on the reviewers comments and presentation. I personally think she does a great job.

I figured this out so here is the link if anyone else wants to see it:

Samsung Galaxy S3 vs HTC One X in-depth comparison Part 1 of 2 - YouTube

Last edited:

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
Just because it's a different phone it's not going to change the fact that the screen is bigger than the Nexus screen.

I may be wrong but I would put my money on the horse that says if she don't like your Nexus because of screen size she won't like the 3.

As for trying to talk your wife into a phone you're a braver man than I. My wife decided on her phone with no comments or suggestions from me. If I had helped and she decided she disliked it a month down the road I shudder to think at what my next 23 months would entail every time she used her phone :p

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

Reactions: Kale Blossom

Hilbe

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
Just because it's a different phone it's not going to change the fact that the screen is bigger than the Nexus screen.

I may be wrong but I would put my money on the horse that says if she don't like your Nexus because of screen size she won't like the 3.

As for trying to talk your wife into a phone you're a braver man than I. My wife decided on her phone with no comments or suggestions from me. If I had helped and she decided she disliked it a month down the road I shudder to think at what my next 23 months would entail every time she used her phone :p

It's not the screen size. I proved to her last night she could operate the screen just fine on my Galaxy Nexus. I think it's how my Galaxy Nexus feels in her hand, the grip on the device and comfortable feel. She thinks Galaxy S feels good to hold.

Set2374

May 9, 2012
Visit site

I agree 100%!!!!! I bough my blackberry storms on launch day for my wife and myself. I didn't hear the end of it for 2 years and I didn't say a word when she went for an iPhone. :)

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

kath00

Sep 8, 2011
Visit site
I don't think you necessarily need a woman's perspective as much as the preference for large phones vs small. I LOVE large screens and got the GNex on the first day it came out. Before then, I had large phones even when I was sporting the Blackberries. I just prefer a huge screen to lots of scrolling and squinting.

But my DH hates large phones (he doesn't like their bulk in his pocket or the fact that he has to stretch his fingers to use it with 1 hand). I never use my phone with 1 hand so I guess it's personal preference, really.

Let her play with your GNex for a week or so. She may find that she gets so used to the gorgeous big screen that she will be looking at those iPhones and thinking, "wow, these are old and ancient looking and heavy as heck!" I know I do.

Katherine

ScandaLeX

Mar 1, 2010
Visit site
My personal preference is the larger the screen the better. Trying to talk your wife into a phone that's even larger than your Nexus just seems wrong. If I were you're wife I'd be feeling you want me to use what you like...not what I'd like.

On a forum you'll get a lot of opinions. Even watching YouTube still comes down to personal opinions. I say take your wife to the store and let her have a field day trying out different phones. Since it's her hands, she'll know better than us what she's comfortable with.

Most of my female friends all have iPhones. There's no way I could go back to such a tiny screen.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Tapatalk 2

Kale Blossom

Apr 2, 2012
Visit site
My suggestion is take her to the store and suggest to her to play with live demos.

Of course the downfall there is a lot of them have weird attached things on the back but it gives you a better idea.

I say, if she's excited for Android, tell her to let ya know which one/s feel best in her hand/s and then you can do research into them if you like(or if she's not super tecchy) and make a recommendation from there.

Again, it is her phone she's gotta use it, and if she falls in love with a phone she demo's then by all means, let her make her own decision. :)

Sent from my Triumph using Android Central Forums

lmc05

Feb 24, 2011
Visit site
I've got an SII currently, and love it. Using Swype definitely makes it easier to use with one hand, and I wasn't concerned at all when my store's Samsung rep came by with the SIII. It's a beautiful phone that's really thin and light, and felt just right in my hand. I'm certainly not big in any sense, but it didn't take me long to get use to holding and using a larger phone on a daily basis.

Hilbe

Jul 13, 2010
Visit site
I've got an SII currently, and love it. Using Swype definitely makes it easier to use with one hand, and I wasn't concerned at all when my store's Samsung rep came by with the SIII. It's a beautiful phone that's really thin and light, and felt just right in my hand. I'm certainly not big in any sense, but it didn't take me long to get use to holding and using a larger phone on a daily basis.

Are there any US carrier stores that have dummy or display units available? I'm thinking I should just take her to look at it...

My wife is sold on the features, just not the size.

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Akshay