Samsung gsIII on sprint

Paul627g

AC Moderator All-Star
Nov 25, 2010
Visit site
Yes the SGSIII is being released for Sprint with LTE (4g). It will NOT however support the current WiMax (4g).

So until your neck of the woods gets upgrade to Sprint's new Network Vision/LTE (4g) you will be at the mercy of 3g/WIFI

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
It will have 4G LTE conectivity in the phone but weather or not Sprint has LTE turned on by then remains to be seen.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

NCchrisSU

Jun 4, 2012
Visit site
Yes, the phone will be LTE enabled, however, if LTE is not available in your area, then you will not be able to connect to 4G services (Wimax, Sprint's current 4G service, is not included in the phone). If you happen to live in Houston, San Antonio, Atlanta or Dallas, then Sprint's LTE service should be up and running very soon. Otherwise, more LTE cities will be up and running by the end of the Summer with even more by the end of the year.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I've never had 4G in my area so I won't miss a thing :)

LTE has been completed on two towers within miles of my house and we're just waiting for them to flip the swicth. (I have a friend who actually worked on updating the hardware at the towers).

brewzer

Dec 13, 2010
Visit site
I've never had 4G in my area so I won't miss a thing :)

LTE has been completed on two towers within miles of my house and we're just waiting for them to flip the swicth. (I have a friend who actually worked on updating the hardware at the towers).

Where do you live if you don't mind me asking?

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
123dzo