Probably a dumb question (and possibly asked/answered before but I can't seem to find it), but I keep seeing pictures of white HTC One X's where they are getting stained by being kept in jean pockets and stuff. Like the picture below.

Any concerns with the SIII? Will determine if I go with Blue or White.

06-08-2012 02:07 PM
    WOW!!!!!! Why don't you have it in a case?
    06-08-2012 02:31 PM
    Well, it's not me...just some pics I've been seeing. Want to make sure I'm not going to have to worry about it with the S3 (or I'll just get the blue one....I'm only slightly leaning towards white so it's not really a big deal either way).

I will probably go "naked" with my phone. Don't particularly care for cases.
    06-08-2012 02:40 PM
    You might want to look at the drop test videos out there before you decide to go without a case
    06-08-2012 02:58 PM
    I think you can compare the finishes between the two phones just like finishes on car paint. The One X has no clear coat and particles get stuck to its porous surface while the "cheap looking" glossy hyperglaze finish is more like a new clear coated car. I am pretty sure it won't have the same problem the One X has.
    06-08-2012 03:00 PM
    I heard that the s3 has actually been rubbing off on the jeans and that people have been walking around with white pockets.....
    bc2k, 20blks, unopepito06 and 3 others like this.
    06-08-2012 03:12 PM
    i heard that the s3 has actually been rubbing off on the jeans and that people have been walking around with white pockets.....
    lolololololol
    06-08-2012 03:42 PM
    I knew it was just a matter of time before that started happening with the One X. That finish was begging for it. I don't see that happening with the S3.
    06-08-2012 04:32 PM
    I was also thinking about this too, does anyone know if you have the HD invisible shield will it turn blue from the jeans while applied on the white s3?
    06-10-2012 09:09 PM
    I was also thinking about this too, does anyone know if you have the HD invisible shield will it turn blue from the jeans while applied on the white s3?
    The S3 CANNOT pick up colour because of that hyper glaze finish. The One X has got a different finish that can pick up colour.
    06-11-2012 04:02 AM
    The S3's high quality finish should not rub off. The One X is just cheap plastic.
    06-11-2012 11:20 AM
    The One X is just cheap plastic.
    i see what you did there
    06-11-2012 01:10 PM
    Invisible Shields will discolor over time, and the edges will pick up lint. I would not use one on a white phone.
    equishd likes this.
    06-11-2012 01:56 PM
    IMO smartphones, especially todays larger top of the line models, should not be carried in pants pockets.

Considering how much dirt can accumulate inside of a pocket, unless you never fail to turn your pockets inside out, likely leave scratches all over them.

Now if they are in some type of case, that would be different.

But to go bareback? No way.

Phones cost too much these days and I cannot imagine how uncomfortable it would be to have a phone with a 4+ inch display in my front pocket.

Just asking for screen issues to me, but to each their own.
    06-11-2012 09:56 PM
    Thank you old man STL.....but people have been wearing jeans and phones in the front pocket of their jeans for years (as to not sit on them) anyway....all old man fears aside, phones have also been white for years...this isn't the first time. I am more worried about my pockets turning white....and um yeah, don't call it cheap plastic. Say it feels flimsy (like the S3 or that it is flexible) but nothing about the back of it is known to bread or warp and that is the difference between cheap and thin.
    06-13-2012 11:22 AM
    So if you're a man and don't have a murse, satchel (lol) or a fanny pack, where are you supposed to carry the phone???

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums
    06-13-2012 01:19 PM
    I heard that the s3 has actually been rubbing off on the jeans and that people have been walking around with white pockets.....
    Still LMAO!!!

Tappin' from my SGP 5.0
    06-13-2012 03:42 PM
    So if you're a man and don't have a murse, satchel (lol) or a fanny pack, where are you supposed to carry the phone???

Sent from my DROIDX using Android Central Forums
    We could go back to the late 90-early 2000's look? Just check out that sexy pda Leather holster with easy top access!

06-13-2012 03:58 PM
    We could go back to the late 90-early 2000's look? Just check out that sexy pda Leather holster with easy top access!

Click to view quoted image
    lol, cell phone holsters. One of the most obvious giveaways that someone is a total *********.

Put your phone in your pocket. End of story.
    06-13-2012 04:09 PM

Click to view quoted image
    You can really tell how old that picture is by the size of that ipod. Man those things are tanks.
    06-13-2012 09:37 PM
    You can really tell how old that picture is by the size of that ipod. Man those things are tanks.
    not just that ipod, look at the phone! whoa. lol

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    06-13-2012 10:07 PM
    I would have gladly put my first cell phone on my belt if I could have, but it required its own hard case for the bae unit and transmitter, with a regular wired handset. But at least the keys were backlit for ease of use at night. This was my awesomness. Analog signal baby.

06-14-2012 02:06 AM
    Well, it's not me...just some pics I've been seeing. Want to make sure I'm not going to have to worry about it with the S3 (or I'll just get the blue one....I'm only slightly leaning towards white so it's not really a big deal either way).

I will probably go "naked" with my phone. Don't particularly care for cases.
    the S3 is way too glossy to suffer from that type of smudge
    06-14-2012 02:38 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD