SanDisk 64GB microSDXC $49 free shipping (6/10/12 Only)

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Its funny that, to my knowledge, there is not a single Android device on the market that truely stated that it will specifically support a 64gb sd-XC class 10 card, yet this card is marketed directly to be optimized for Android Devices. Obviously SanDisk has tried it in Android devices with success.

I think if you looked up every single Android device you will find that a 32gb sd-HC Class 6 being the highest card supported and stated even though the above works perfectly.

Just be sure to format it as FAT32 before using it, so you wont have issues. exFAT format is having issues but that will be with any size card.

From My SGS2ET4G Using Tapatalk

I have a 64gb class 6 sandisk formatted to exFAT and I'm having NO issues. Just copied a 10gb 1080p movie to the card and it works fine on the phone.

int_architect

May 15, 2010
Visit site
Mine arrived on Thursday, but I'm just getting around to opening it. They sent me a Class 10! Also got a Class 6 coming in from Amazon in a few days.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I have a 64gb class 6 sandisk formatted to exFAT and I'm having NO issues. Just copied a 10gb 1080p movie to the card and it works fine on the phone.

I have a question for you.......can you see the difference between a 720p and 1080p movie on your SGS3??? Just asking because I can't see it on my Epic 4G. I only put 720p movie on my phone since they're small and don't look too bad on an HDTV if I need to show it there.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
I have a question for you.......can you see the difference between a 720p and 1080p movie on your SGS3??? Just asking because I can't see it on my Epic 4G. I only put 720p movie on my phone since they're small and don't look too bad on an HDTV if I need to show it there.

I haven't tried a 720p formatted movie. I have only used 1080p since the phones started playing them. I will say that nothing so far looks better than an hd video from YouTube. It's amazing to me how the video just pops out at you

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I haven't tried a 720p formatted movie. I have only used 1080p since the phones started playing them. I will say that nothing so far looks better than an hd video from YouTube. It's amazing to me how the video just pops out at you

Ah ok! Well my understanding is that with a screen as small as these on these phones, you won't be able to see the difference....UNLESS....these newer screens are THAT MUCH better than previous Amoled screens. You should try it out and look for yourself. I know I will! :) If I see a noticeable difference, I will consider carrying 1080p movies since I will have HUGE space available of my SGS3! Still, 10gb movies will fill up that space pretty darn quickly!!

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
Ah ok! Well my understanding is that with a screen as small as these on these phones, you won't be able to see the difference....UNLESS....these newer screens are THAT MUCH better than previous Amoled screens. You should try it out and look for yourself. I know I will! :) If I see a noticeable difference, I will consider carrying 1080p movies since I will have HUGE space available of my SGS3! Still, 10gb movies will fill up that space pretty darn quickly!!

You're absolutely right. I just burned the movie at that resolution to see if it would play. I doubt we would be able to tell a difference anyway as you said. Either 720p or 1080p, both will look beautiful.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site

I tried the movie "The Town" in both 720 and 1080. There was a noticeable difference.

GrooveRite

Sep 30, 2010
Visit site
I tried the movie "The Town" in both 720 and 1080. There was a noticeable difference.

I'm pretty sure you saw some slight pixelation/noise in the 720p as opposed to the clean and crisp 1080p right?!?! BUT remember, for every 1080p movie, you can put 5 720p movies!! lol I would say if its a REALLY GOOD movie, carry it in 1080p just in case you want to show it on a big HDTV! :)

Last edited:

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
guylenn49