Pre order ship date vs retail release date

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I notice that there is lots of talk about the pre order ship dates compared to the retail sales date.
Here is my take on the entire date deal...

The retail launch date is the 21st and most of the carriers are ensuring that everyone that pre ordered will recieve their S3's BEFORE the 21st launch date.

So my take is... We should see phones start shipping somewhere between 6/11-6/19 and realistically should ship out late this week.

...I home I am correct

From My SGS2ET4G Using Tapatalk

Mac.World

ΣΛΤ ΜΣ
May 3, 2012
Visit site
You work for Samsung USA?

However, you may want to consider the following: samsung USA is having an S3 launch event in NYC on the 18th. Does it make sense for anyone, including those of us that preordered, to get the phone prior to this date?

kjnangre

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I think the carriers (except Verizon) will time it to get you the phone on or just before 6/21. AT&T has said that all orders placed before 6/18 will ship on 6/18 with 2-day delivery service, unless they run out of stock.

Verizon is still saying 7/9. I believe they will beat that date, but don't count on getting it on 6/21.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
You work for Samsung USA?

However, you may want to consider the following: samsung USA is having an S3 launch event in NYC on the 18th. Does it make sense for anyone, including those of us that preordered, to get the phone prior to this date?

What's the big deal if we get the phone before the launch event on the 18th? We have ordered the phone because we wanted it before we saw it. The purpose of the launch event to gain interest from people who don't know about the phone or who are on the fence about getting it. Maybe people who want to see it or have it in their hands. That launch event does nothing for me. It's a joke anyway. When the LG Optimus G2x came out, Tmobile (rip to my contract with them) had a launch event for it. The rep from LG was a joke. She knew nothing at all about android. It was fun asking her a question and listening to her vague answers and side talking. Those events are for noobies. I WANT MY DAMN PHONE. lol

kjnangre

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
What's the big deal if we get the phone before the launch event on the 18th? We have ordered the phone because we wanted it before we saw it. The purpose of the launch event to gain interest from people who don't know about the phone or who are on the fence about getting it. Maybe people who want to see it or have it in their hands. That launch event does nothing for me. It's a joke anyway. When the LG Optimus G2x came out, Tmobile (rip to my contract with them) had a launch event for it. The rep from LG was a joke. She knew nothing at all about android. It was fun asking her a question and listening to her vague answers and side talking. Those events are for noobies. I WANT MY DAMN PHONE. lol

You're clearly not in marketing. :) While your point is valid, phones never go sale before they are launched. With the launch event on the 20th, I think it is almost certain that the phone will be available in-store the morning of the 21st.

image001_610x339.jpg

Last edited:

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
The rep told me and the email order confirmation that the device will ship 3 to 5 business days based upon the order date. He said that the device should arrive at the store where I am shipping the device on or before June 21st. In my case, shipping dates are June 11 to 13. It will only create more buzz at the launch event if devices are in the hands of users in advance. I am hoping that my delivery date is June 17th as a number of smartphones that I have purchased at AT&T have dropped on a Sunday.

kjnangre

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
I believe your phone will arrive in store before the 21st. I believe that store will be forbidden from giving it to you until the 21st. I think Samsung now pulls enough weight that they will force the stores to hold the phones until launch. Just my prediction, could be wrong...

kjnangre

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
20th is the official launch. There is nothing official about the 21st, that is just speculation. But it seems very likely, at least to me

kjnangre

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
Haha. Yep, that's the launch event. Traditionally, phones aren't sold until after the launch event. Nothing official. Maybe you'll get it this week. I hope you do. I would be surprised. Do let us know what happens!

jcp007

Trusted Member
May 17, 2012
Visit site
As mentioned previously, having the device in advance will only create buzz. The international version has been out long enough to create interest in the US. AT&T would love to scoop all the other carriers and be in the market space first. The launch is more for those who don't pay such close attention to tech developments.

Reactions: 20blks

biff6789

Aug 28, 2010
Visit site
I think the carriers (except Verizon) will time it to get you the phone on or just before 6/21. AT&T has said that all orders placed before 6/18 will ship on 6/18 with 2-day delivery service, unless they run out of stock.

Verizon is still saying 7/9. I believe they will beat that date, but don't count on getting it on 6/21.

I'm with this guy. I think anyone on Verizon expecting a phone to show up on their front porch on 6/21 will be sadly disappointed. Yes, a few online chat reps have mentioned various dates, but online chat reps have historically proven to be nothing more than wild speculators in these regards (the HTC Thunderbolt release date saga comes to mind). I think the 24th or 28th makes more sense.

Also, just because Samsung is holding a release party on the 20th doesn't mean that everyone "HAS" to release it immediately after. Besides, hasn't it already been out in Europe for a wee while now?

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
I am saying that there will be no place to walk into and buy or see a phone until the 21st. BUT...those that have pre ordered should start recieving phones late this week and into the first of next week. Pretty much every provider (Sprint) has said pre orders will be to customers before everyone else sees the phone in stores on the 21st.

From My SGS2ET4G Using Tapatalk

gottria

Trusted Member
Oct 30, 2009
Visit site
You know what sucks, when you preorder and don't receive it on the 21st. But walk into a store and they have a few hundred in stock.

20blks

Nov 10, 2010
Visit site
You know what sucks, when you preorder and don't receive it on the 21st. But walk into a store and they have a few hundred in stock.

That's why I'm pretty sure we'll get them a little early

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fallingOutOfLoveWfithTech