refund samsung galaxy s3 for iphone 5?

ragnarokx

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
Hell yeah!

I'm proud to be a tech nerd/geek. And it's why I use Android. I'm not just some mindless sheep. I like to know what it going on with the technology I am using.

If using Android makes me a geek then I don't want to be "cool". :cool:

This is the same reason I like driving manual transmission cars - I want to be more involved in the process of transportation/technology, not removed from it.

Reactions: swahab77

Dumi

Apr 16, 2012
Visit site
I find it funny that Apple sues anything related to Android for theft of intellectual property yet the few "upgrades" to ios6 have been part of Android OS for 2 years. Maybe Google should give Apple a taste of it's own medicine.

Google has better things to do then playing around with "ridiculous" infringements, like improving the already awesome Google Maps with 3D and offline mode.
The moment Apple tries to get to Google like they do to Samsung, its Nuclear Software War.
Eeeeeeeeeeeverybody nooooooows, this is not about infringements, but about not letting Samsung sell them G3 in USA like hot cakes... no wonder they have already shipped in Europe, because we don't have and don't like this kind of BS in here.
But hang there guys, G3 is coming to a carrier next to you ;-)

Sent from an Android device somewhere out there...

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I like the fact that they list the color scheme change to more silver colors as a big upgrade. Makes me glad I have my S3 on pre-order instead of waiting like an iDiot for some hugely anticipated color "scheme" change!

equishd

May 20, 2012
Visit site
so im not the only one that is still trying to figure out if EVERY SINGLE BLOG forgot to finish posting about all the new fts IOs6 brings?

amazing map ill give them than but thats it. the minor tweaks to colors weak.
FB integration ok that can be useful but nothing news tho. this should have been a 5.# version not a 6.0.
:confused:

anthonycr

Themer. You've seen them
Jul 11, 2011
Visit site
I too have been reading a lot of articles looking for what the big changes are. It seems the maps is the huge things and all that is really doing is pre loading a different app instead of google maps. IOS 6 looks rather dissappinting.

A UI color change will be enough to keep the isheep happy, and if you really think about, all gingerbread was was a color change to the UI. Obviously there was more, but at first glance that's all that changed.

delta7

Sep 11, 2010
Visit site
Apple, aleast paint the keyboard black or something... Some type of. Customization would help.

I don't care ios6 but it's targeted for people like us.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
This is the same reason I like driving manual transmission cars - I want to be more involved in the process of transportation/technology, not removed from it.
You know, I've never quite looked at it that way before but I love my Android phones and haven't driven anything other than a manual transmission for over 30 years... :)

Premium1

Trusted Member
Nov 7, 2011
Visit site
Could you imagine the uproar if Samsung released the S3 with just those features? When the S3 was introduced a lot of people were disappointed, but now a lot of people want the phone.

I think the reason Samsung and other android manufacturers can't do that is because android users do not blindly follow android like iphone users blindly follow apple. Android users and sites such as these would bash the crap out of android if they did something like this. Go check imore and other iphone sites and you will see they are excited and not bashing this update like what would happen with android.

Theot

Jan 18, 2011
Visit site
Hell yeah!

I'm proud to be a tech nerd/geek. And it's why I use Android. I'm not just some mindless sheep. I like to know what it going on with the technology I am using.

If using Android makes me a geek then I don't want to be "cool". :cool:

Amen brother. I'm a confessed flashaholic, and proud of it. I can do so many things with my phone, I use it for everything. Music, podcasts, news, twitter, email, text, IM, browsing, gaming, watching movies, TV shows, GPS, navigation and I'm probably missing a bunch of stuff.

Sent from my primohawksense4'd Dinc2

CypherMax

Oct 20, 2010
Visit site
I Read on engadget that turn by turn navigation is only available on the 4S,ipad2,and new ipad. I pretty sure ANY Android 2.2+ device can run the same current version of Google maps with all its features. I can't wait for all the sheep who don't have those devices try and navigate somewhere bah baaaah haha!

Here is the quoted text from the article. Whoever wrote it seems like a huge itool also...

Update: Several of our readers scoured the fine print on Apple's freshly launched iOS 6 Maps page, and informed us that the Flyover and turn-by-turn features will only be available to folks with an iPhone 4S or iPad 2 or later. Guess that's just one more reason to upgrade, eh?

Sent from my Xoom using Android Central Forums

Last edited:

Nickles0n

Jul 16, 2010
Visit site
Are you replying to something in particular? If so, use the "quote" button instead of the reply button, because so far your replies make even less sense than your first post that started this thread.

The iphone troll owned. Did anyone call the burn unit?

iOS 6 remind me of iOS 5, apple playing catch up with features Android had for years. Like the notification bar that became "ground breaking" when it was announced the iPhone 4S was going to sport it. That was the moment I lost all respect for apple and for everything the apple fan-boys had to say.

coinmanmat

Mar 14, 2012
Visit site
I may be an Android fan but I have tinkered with other platforms. Ive used BlackBerry, WebOS and iOS. I have to say I like Android because its customizable (excuse my horrible spelling). I like the fact you can change and modify just about every aspect of Android.
Now I had an iPhone, I bought one last year and jailbroke it, I have to say I was so bored with it that I got rid of the phone after just a month. It was just so boring to me.

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
the new iphone5 is gonna be really sick....... the new improved siri, iOS6, etc.

Lets try this again without blatantly insulting the OP

3dtr.jpg

Chdwil

May 9, 2012
Visit site
Wow, the local news just had a segment on ios6 and how great turn by turn navigation will be on a phone. They all were amazed by this. And now we will finally be able to post right to Facebook when we take a picture, truly amazing stuff.

s14tat

Feb 2, 2011
Visit site
Wow, the local news just had a segment on ios6 and how great turn by turn navigation will be on a phone. They all were amazed by this. And now we will finally be able to post right to Facebook when we take a picture, truly amazing stuff.

Lol, its funny how revolutionary this thing is going to be.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
19escape20