09-23-2012 01:02 PM
159 ... 567
tools
    iphones are boring
    06-17-2012 11:58 AM
    ...& the patent thing, while seems messy & over blown, they have a right to protect their IP, just like any other company.
    I agree that anyone should be able to protect their IP - its what the patent system is for.

If we ignore the more general software patent issues for a moment I think its pretty clear that Apple have become experts in getting patents on concepts and ideas that already exist in some form. I think they must change the implementation enough that its deemed to be "new".
    They then use those patents to attack anyone doing anything vaguely similar. If google get their patent on notification systems that they have applied for I think the brown smelly stuff is going to hit the fan.

The funny thing is that Apple spend forever telling us how good their products are but then sue someone for making a rival product - Look at the action surrounding the Galaxy Tab - they tried to get it banned because its a black rectangle, like an ipad. They also used that trade dress against Samsung (which eventually got ditched).

If they are that confident their products are better they wouldn't be concerned. The fact is the products aren't and they aren't confident.
    06-17-2012 12:40 PM
    My answer to this thread is simple.

NO APPLE.
    06-17-2012 12:43 PM
    coming from a huge apple fanboy, i would say keep your s3. iOS 6 didn't impress me at all and thats what sealed the deal for me. also, the totally redesigned iPhone 5 looks like its gonna appear to be very much the same. go with the S3! you won't regret it!
    monkeyluis likes this.
    06-17-2012 12:50 PM
    coming from a huge apple fanboy, i would say keep your s3. iOS 6 didn't impress me at all and thats what sealed the deal for me. also, the totally redesigned iPhone 5 looks like its gonna appear to be very much the same. go with the S3! you won't regret it!
    Ditto. That was exactly my thought for me personally moving to SGS3.
    06-17-2012 01:11 PM
    I always go forward when upgrading my phone(s) thats why I went with S3.

Pffft why would I go backwards and choose an apple over an Android ?? ha
    06-17-2012 01:34 PM
    Exchanged my iPhone 5 for Galaxy S3. No comparison IMHO.

---------- Post Merged at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Same here. Have Apple everything ACCEPT iPhone 5. IOS 6 was my last disappointment. GS3 is the true wave of the future.
    09-23-2012 12:49 PM
    My wife got the Iphone 5. All she had to do is upgrade to ios6 on her Iphone 4.
    As far as my S3 Iphone is way behind. I why downgrade?
    Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2
    09-23-2012 01:01 PM
    I've been an Apple fanboy since my first experience with the Mac Pro many many years ago. I recently made the switch and couldn't be happier. Just do it and never look back!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums
    09-23-2012 01:02 PM
159 ... 567
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD