refund samsung galaxy s3 for iphone 5?

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
Haha thats great! But seriously I don't think it will look like the HTC One X threads, for real there is a ton of these in that forum, me contributing to a few of them I got a bunch of One X lemons

The SG3 is pretty solid, at least my international version is- the most bugless Android I ever owned.

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Why is turn by turn navigation such a big deal? I already have that on iPhone 4s. Waze & mapquest does this already. I think the big part of it will be integrating Siri & asking Siri do do things in the middle of the navigation, like asking for gas stations, restaurants, etc.

Because its integrated into the OS. Clicking on an address on a web page in the browser and getting the option to navigate there. Clicking on a place in maps or Yelp or any other app and being able to navigate there...with one click. Opening a contact and going there with one click.

You'll see what I mean when you actually have that functionality. You don't know what you've been missing.

Small_law

Apr 20, 2010
Visit site
I had a Tomtom I used every day because my job required driving all over the state. After I got a Motorola Droid, I had no issue boxing the Tomtom up and sending it to my sister. That was over two years ago when navigation was in beta.

Google Maps is one of the best parts of Android. I feel it's the most updated of the Google Apps. Google takes it seriously and it shows. It startlingly accurate, fast, and full of features that you have to use to appreciate, like the traffic widget that at a glance informs you of traffic conditions from your location to a specific address. It automatically reroutes around traffic in navigation mode. It precaches routes in case you lose data while driving. The level of detail with respect to street names and locations is awesome. I haven't seen Maps replicated closely anywhere, including standalone gps units. The current iOS version (made by Apple with Google Maps data) isn't as useful but still provides that degree of detail.

If Apple can update its Maps app to bring it to parody and provide a better experience by unplugging Google's data and using Tomtom or Openmaps, good for it. What has me wondering is why this didn't happen sooner. Jobs hated Android. How hard would it have been to kick Google out of maps with iOS 4? Why did they keep using them? I honestly think Google provides a better user experience with its data. We'll find out if that's true soon enough.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
Because its integrated into the OS. Clicking on an address on a web page in the browser and getting the option to navigate there. Clicking on a place in maps or Yelp or any other app and being able to navigate there...with one click. Opening a contact and going there with one click.

You'll see what I mean when you actually have that functionality. You don't know what you've been missing.

That's true, you have a valid point. I am moving to android with the gs3, so I look forward to it. Though I am a home body. Lol!! I work from home and hate dealing with the outside world.

tohio

Mar 23, 2011
Visit site
I see Apple going the way of Xerox. They came out with an innovative product but didn't keep up with other copier manufactures' bells and whistles. They kept their prices high and relied on their reputation versus innovation. Apple seems headed down the same road.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I see Apple going the way of Xerox. They came out with an innovative product but didn't keep up with other copier manufactures' bells and whistles. They kept their prices high and relied on their reputation versus innovation. Apple seems headed down the same road.

And what proof do you have of this? Their earnings & stock price say otherwise. They are in it for the long haul.

Mark_C

May 4, 2012
Visit site
And what proof do you have of this? Their earnings & stock price say otherwise. They are in it for the long haul.

Once you are at the top there is only one way to go...

All I see are people getting tired of Apple. Techie people are fed up with the unnecessary litigation, others are fed up with the same old junk being recycled - in all honesty how is an ipad 1 any different from an ipad 3 for browsing the net (what 99% of people primarily use them for) ? its not.
Suddenly people realised they don't need to listen to the hype and don't need to have the very latest Apple product, even if the PR department say otherwise.

Meanwhile its plain to see that the products are suffering - iOS has gone another year without any real functionality being added - ok so they have maps/nav now, great - they desperately needed to fix that because Android is very strong in that area. Its still massively restrictive.

The upgrade to OSX little more than a service pack - a few new bits and bobs, but its not a major release. Its also interesting that they are starting to fragment it with some features not available on older hardware.

The new "retina" macbook - very pretty, nice screen but the machine isn't upgradable - you can't swap out the hard drive or add memory, the battery is glued in to the casing which means a $200 bill for Apple to change it. Have a read of this : The New MacBook Pro: Unfixable, Unhackable, Untenable | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

Apple fans are waking up to all of these issues and looking for alternatives - and finding them.

As far as the next iphone goes - we've already seen the software, all that is left to see is the design of the thing - no big deal. I guess you might want to see hardware specs, but to a great extent its not that important - we already have the software and know what it can do, a big hardware spec for the phone wont really matter.

There will always be die hard fans of anything, but its not those guys that make a company successful / profitable.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
I don't disagree with you & you have very valid points. I myself am in the category of switching phones because I was unimpressed with the iOS 6 update & I want a bigger phone. But apple will not go anywhere. They are happy with where they are. They don't need to dominate anything, that's how they've been for gosh knows how long. Look @ Mac & windows, windows is dominant, still is, android is pretty much there. Apple is that kid on the playground that just does their own thing, they don't care about any of the other kids. & the patent thing, while seems messy & over blown, they have a right to protect their IP, just like any other company.

Mark_C

May 4, 2012
Visit site
...& the patent thing, while seems messy & over blown, they have a right to protect their IP, just like any other company.

I agree that anyone should be able to protect their IP - its what the patent system is for.

If we ignore the more general software patent issues for a moment I think its pretty clear that Apple have become experts in getting patents on concepts and ideas that already exist in some form. I think they must change the implementation enough that its deemed to be "new".
They then use those patents to attack anyone doing anything vaguely similar. If google get their patent on notification systems that they have applied for I think the brown smelly stuff is going to hit the fan.

The funny thing is that Apple spend forever telling us how good their products are but then sue someone for making a rival product - Look at the action surrounding the Galaxy Tab - they tried to get it banned because its a black rectangle, like an ipad. They also used that trade dress against Samsung (which eventually got ditched).

If they are that confident their products are better they wouldn't be concerned. The fact is the products aren't and they aren't confident.

CPColley

Jun 13, 2012
Visit site
coming from a huge apple fanboy, i would say keep your s3. iOS 6 didn't impress me at all and thats what sealed the deal for me. also, the totally redesigned iPhone 5 looks like its gonna appear to be very much the same. go with the S3! you won't regret it!

Reactions: monkeyluis

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
coming from a huge apple fanboy, i would say keep your s3. iOS 6 didn't impress me at all and thats what sealed the deal for me. also, the totally redesigned iPhone 5 looks like its gonna appear to be very much the same. go with the S3! you won't regret it!

Ditto. That was exactly my thought for me personally moving to SGS3.

davidnc

Super Moderator
Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
I always go forward when upgrading my phone(s) thats why I went with S3.

Pffft why would I go backwards and choose an apple over an Android ??:confused: ha

Demolition1

Sep 23, 2012
Visit site
Re: let's refund our samsung galaxy s3!

Exchanged my iPhone 5 for Galaxy S3. No comparison IMHO.

---------- Post Merged at 12:49 PM ---------- Previous Post was at 12:47 PM ----------

Same here. Have Apple everything ACCEPT iPhone 5. IOS 6 was my last disappointment. GS3 is the true wave of the future.

gabead

Jul 19, 2010
Visit site
My wife got the Iphone 5. All she had to do is upgrade to ios6 on her Iphone 4. :D
As far as my S3 Iphone is way behind. I why downgrade?
Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk 2

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I've been an Apple fanboy since my first experience with the Mac Pro many many years ago. I recently made the switch and couldn't be happier. Just do it and never look back!

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Android Central Forums

Trending Posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
fancyfranci