Want to kick Apple in the A@$...

bdmridgback

Jun 16, 2010
Visit site
That link is to a beehive of Apple fanatics that just bash Android and they all think Android STOLE the idea of the smartphone from Apple. Read the comments! Bunch of LOONIES!!!!

Yea...don't go over there...any Android user will just get upset. Beehive is not the word for it!

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Was it? Positive? & why make the claim about what Steve may have done. You don't know what he may or may not have done. But we do know what Eric has done.

Take a look at this:

http://www.cultofandroid.com/541/google-chairman-eric-schmidt-insists-android-is-way-ahead-of-ios/

Well? What's going on. It's been over 6 mos & ICS still only has 7% adoption rate. It's one reason I waited so long on getting an android device. I wouldn't get anything less than ICS, I didn't want to wait on promised updates & I wanted to get just the right phone.

Yes, I am positive. Go read Wikipedia rather than blindly blathering the Apple mantra. And I stay Steve would have done the same because he has a history of being the most cold hearted cut-throat businessman in the tech sector. A good example would be the way he pushed out his partner, and co-founder of Apple Steve Wozniak who invented the Apple 1 all by himself. The success of that product is what allowed Apple the funding to develop further machines. Wozniak was injured during a plane crash, and Jobs used his lawyers to manipulate a clause about Wosniak's leave of absence to usurp total control of the company. When Woz tried to come back, he was told he could work in development, but would not be allowed back on the board. As the co-founder of Apple computer, Wozniak gets a mere 120,000 dollars a year from from them. He friggen sold his most valuable possessions to get the money to start up Apple with Jobs. Now THAT is betrayal.

Sent from my HTC One X using Android Central Forums

Reactions: edyts

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Picking Out quotes that are not related. Good job.

How are they not related? first you say:

What preorders have been held up? What does google have to do with it? They don't have hardware patents to protect like apple does.

Then when I say you're ignorant to assume that Google doesn't innovate valuable patents worth protecting you said:

You're just making up now. No one here said anything about apple being the only one innovating

Do you not understand the meaning of related?

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
How are they not related? first you say:

Then when I say you're ignorant to assume that Google doesn't innovate valuable patents worth protecting you said:

Do you not understand the meaning of related?

Did you not read the comments I was responding too? Your comments. Clearly you've lost all sense of rationality. Is there a reason you need to continue to attack & insult me?

Take care "mate."

theduder

May 9, 2011
Visit site
Apple's patent for a black slab will be rendered obsolete in a few years by the "goggles of doom". We won't even remember carrying a phone or tablet in ten years.

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Tapatalk 2

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
Did you not read the comments I was responding too? Your comments. Clearly you've lost all sense of rationality. Is there a reason you need to continue to attack & insult me?

Take care "mate."

The fact that you were responding to me me has nothing to do with the correlation of said comments. Is the logic sector of your brain just turned off? What you're saying makes no sense. I'm sorry that you consider pointing out that you're totally contradicting yourself as a personal attack.

Last edited:

kilofoxtrot

Feb 15, 2010
Visit site
The truth of the matter, neither company is squeaky clean in the smartphone wars. To hold one side in greater esteem than the other based on "business morals" is putting partisan favoritism first and foremost and seeing only what they want to see and ignoring the ugly truth that both companies are guilty.

War is hell ... even in business.

Reactions: Ry

edyts

Nov 2, 2011
Visit site
I have never seen an pure bashing thread on an iOS community forum. I'm sure they exist and I've never looked for one, but I feel overwhelmed by the frequency of such threads on Android community forums.

I came to this particular forum for SGS3 shipping reports (any Big Red users get their devices?) and case advise (Otterbox Commuter a good choice?), not pitiful threads like this one. When I get my device in the mail and it's configured, I won't be back.

However you decided to read this pitiful thread and a good length of it, then put in your two sense, so you think this helps? Move along as far as im concerned this is a discussion not a pure bashing thread.

monkeyluis

Nov 16, 2011
Visit site
The fact that you were responding to me me has nothing to do with the correlation of said comments. Is the logic sector of your brain just turned off? What you're saying makes no sense. I'm sorry that you consider pointing out that you're totally contradicting yourself as a personal attack.

You've failed at your argument so you resorted to pulling my quotes out of the context they were written. I don't need to go back & explain my comments if you're too slow to understand them. We're done here.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
You've failed at your argument so you resorted to pulling my quotes out of the context they were written. I don't need to go back & explain my comments if you're too slow to understand them. We're done here.

You may be done, (about time) but that dosen't make you right. Those comments were completly in context. You first say Google has nothing worth protecting like Apple does, I mention how incorrect you are and then you reply that I'm making things up and that you never said anything about Google not innovating valuable stuff. That couldn't be more in context. Denial won't change that. I think you'll find pointing out the crazy contradictions in your argument doesn't constitute mine as being failed.

anon(430792)

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
I had a feeling you needed to have the last word.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Android Central Forums

Ok, really? You posted that... and then PookiePrancer didn't post anything else. I should screen capture this so the next time I do something stupid, I can just look at this quote and feel SO much better.

Thank you so much for your awesome post.

Ry

Moderator Captain
Trusted Member
Nov 16, 2010
Visit site
Ok, really? You posted that... and then PookiePrancer didn't post anything else. I should screen capture this so the next time I do something stupid, I can just look at this quote and feel SO much better.

Thank you so much for your awesome post.

Make it your phone's wallpaper. :cool:

Reactions: monkeyluis

anon(430792)

Aug 1, 2011
Visit site
Make it your phone's wallpaper. :cool:

Wow... now I can see that being a reasonable response normally. But I have an HTC Thunderbolt, and with the frequency I have to unlock my phone to check the battery life, that was just a cruel comment. I am hurt good sir. :'(

Almeuit

Moderator Team Leader
Apr 17, 2012
Visit site
I used to have an iphone from the 3g to the iphone 4.

I switched to android and happen to like it more. I joke with friends about mine being better as they joke about iphone being better but at the end of the day it's all the same. Just wrapped in a different package.

They like iphone because it just works. I am a nerd and love to ROM and tweak my phone so.. Android works for me.

All in all me and friends agree both phones are good. It's just what you want to do and what you personally enjoy. It's like trying to tell someone their truck sucks and BMWs are better... Yet the person that your telling "your truck sucks" might have zero desire to drive a fancy car and instead likes the utility of his truck...... :beer:

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

metz65

Mar 29, 2012
Visit site
I think the whole I like the iphone because it just works is as overused as Samsung is plasticy and cheap and I hate HTC because of sense.

I don't care what kind of phone you use, that's not how I judge someone's worth or intelligence. Sent using tapatalk 2.

Cory Streater

Sep 21, 2009
Visit site
You are clearly a model of reason, intelligence, and everything that is good with the world; clearly on a superior plane. I will let your intellect continue to enjoy the foolish, irrational comments of the peons here, but as for me, I yield to you. Good night :)

I had a feeling you needed to have the last word.

The blankets are in the dryer, the sippy cups are filled with milk, and I'm making little plates of graham crackers. When you two are ready to lie down and take your naps, let me know. In the meantime take the personal attacks somewhere else.

crackberrytraitor

May 10, 2012
Visit site
The blankets are in the dryer, the sippy cups are filled with milk, and I'm making little plates of graham crackers. When you two are ready to lie down and take your naps, let me know. In the meantime take the personal attacks somewhere else.

While I give due deference to you as an admin and archmaster of AC, might I put forward that threads with titles like "want to kick Apple in the A@$" are pretty much tailored for such "discussion" even if AC itself is not.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
pierre5463