06-20-2012 10:21 AM
45 12
tools
    I haven't seen any information on this site about "Tectiles"... Check out the video (apparently from a leaked Sprint Training video) of this really neat feature for the S3:

06-12-2012 09:14 PM
    That's pretty freaking cool....

06-12-2012 09:20 PM
    How has this not been mentioned... anywhere?
    06-12-2012 09:24 PM
    I wonder what the cost of the stickers will be? If they are reasonable this will be pretty awesome

Not sent from my Pre-Ordered Galaxy S3 as it is currently busy being taken to court by Apple, whose motto must now be "Don't innovate, just litigate"!
    06-12-2012 09:29 PM
    I work for vzw. If I'm correct they were less than 15 for a pack of 4 or 5 I believe. Ill get back to you when I get back to work to verify

Sent from my Galaxy Nexus using Android Central Forums
    hounddogdaddy likes this.
    06-12-2012 09:30 PM
    Hey, kinda like webOS with the touchstone chargers.

I have to think the stickers are little more than the RFID tags you cut out of your pair of jeans after you buy them.

I agree, why have these not been mentioned yet?

I could see putting one of those on my office desk to make the phone jump on the office wifi, sync to my BT headphones (which I leave at work) and open up TuneIn Radio Pro!

-Suntan
    06-12-2012 09:35 PM
    I like it.
    06-12-2012 10:34 PM
    Nice find! Never heard of it before. Looks like we have another one of those things that gives it the extra boost that in my opinion puts it over the One X. Nice. Hope its patented, would hate to see someone copy it.
    icewater106 and ScandaLeX like this.
    06-12-2012 11:23 PM
    I wonder what the cost of the stickers will be? If they are reasonable this will be pretty awesome

Not sent from my Pre-Ordered Galaxy S3 as it is currently busy being taken to court by Apple, whose motto must now be "Don't innovate, just litigate"!
    I would pay whatever the cost ... That is sick
    06-12-2012 11:24 PM
    I remember another android phone did this recently, I wanna say it was a Sony? I cant remember. I just remember two of them came with the phone.
    I Monarch likes this.
    06-12-2012 11:57 PM
    They were being listed as sold in packs of 5 for $15. Samsung has pulled the page that had them listed though.
    06-13-2012 12:01 AM
    I found this

http://m.gizmodo.com/5917916/samsung...nt-it/gallery/

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    06-13-2012 12:08 AM
    Surely there is a way to get this without paying $/sticker?
    06-13-2012 01:01 AM
    iirc there was a way to change "profiles"(?) on the phone so that you could use different settings for work, home, car etc...without the use of the nfc chip sticker. I think its a profile setting, but I may have the wrong name for it
    06-13-2012 01:21 AM
    Cool feature, but now that I think about it, Im not really sure what I'll use it for. And I;m sure the chips will sell for cheap on ebay eventually, saying that they can be reused up to 100,00 times.
    06-13-2012 02:15 AM
    I will definitely be giving these a try.
    06-13-2012 06:11 AM
    What could I use these for that Tasker doesn't do? In the morning, it turns on my bluetooth. Once it connects to my car, it goes into car mode. I also have work/home profiles based on day/time.

I like the idea of these, but am struggling to find a use.

1 possible thing I could see is if I could put one in my fridge where we store milk. If low, I could scan and it would add milk to a list?

I want to have use for this, as I'm a huge techie, but Tasker pretty much handles all my automation and profiles

Sent from my ADR6350 using Android Central Forums
    cjsmoove likes this.
    06-13-2012 08:20 AM
    What could I use these for that Tasker doesn't do? In the morning, it turns on my bluetooth. Once it connects to my car, it goes into car mode. I also have work/home profiles based on day/time.

I like the idea of these, but am struggling to find a use.

1 possible thing I could see is if I could put one in my fridge where we store milk. If low, I could scan and it would add milk to a list?

I want to have use for this, as I'm a huge techie, but Tasker pretty much handles all my automation and profiles

Yeah, it's basically tasker, but you have more direct control over changes at any given time.

-Suntan
    06-13-2012 08:28 AM
    Nice!

This is exactly what I was hoping for. Now I love this phone even more!

I wanted something that would turn on my wifi when I got home and turn it off when I left. In a perfect world I would love to be able to just walk into my room and have it start charging the phone.

But I love that I can just tap this and have it turn wifi on/off or whatever without having to take the phone out, unlock, hit the button, etc.

Loving this phone!

Sent from my DROIDX (soon to be sent from my S3) using AC Forums App
    06-13-2012 09:22 AM
    Uses i can think of right away:

-Put one on my desk at work to activate silent/vibrate mode, turn on wifi
    -Put one in my car for card mode or activate GPS
    -Put one near my bed for silent/sleep/alarm
    BostonBeats88 likes this.
    06-13-2012 09:57 AM
    Uses i can think of right away:

-Put one on my desk at work to activate silent/vibrate mode, turn on wifi
    -Put one in my car for card mode or activate GPS
    -Put one near my bed for silent/sleep/alarm
    Tasker does all of this. Mine is set up as below:
    -M-F 7:45am-5:15pm phone goes to vibrate. Goes loud after 5:30. It looks at my calendar, and if booked, goes to silent, turns off vibrate.
    -if bluetooth connects to car, launches car mode and gps on. Also have it set to send an automated text response to anyone who texts me, letting them know I am driving and will text back when it is safe to do so.. Also, a cop really liked that... Didn't give me a speeding ticket because of it.
    -if plugged in after 9pm, and in a horizontal position, screen dims, phone goes silent, and alarm app activates. Also have it set for a list of emergency numbers, so if any of them call, it goes out of silent.

Other thing it does:
    -launches an app menu when I plug in headphones
    -mutes volume if headphones disconnect
    -plays loud music and sends gps location, along with displaying emergency contact info if someone texts me SOS! (good for finding lost/stolen phone)
    -if I connect to mall wifi, it launches coupons
    It can do pretty much anything you can think of.

Like I said, I want a use for this, but Tasker can already do all of this, and more. Once set up, it's easier as well, because I don't have to launch any apps or touch anything. It just works.

06-13-2012 10:11 AM
    Tasker does all of this. Mine is set up as below:
    -M-F 7:45am-5:15pm phone goes to vibrate. Goes loud after 5:30. It looks at my calendar, and if booked, goes to silent, turns off vibrate.
    -if bluetooth connects to car, launches car mode and gps on. Also have it set to send an automated text response to anyone who texts me, letting them know I am driving and will text back when it is safe to do so.. Also, a cop really liked that... Didn't give me a speeding ticket because of it.
    -if plugged in after 9pm, and in a horizontal position, screen dims, phone goes silent, and alarm app activates. Also have it set for a list of emergency numbers, so if any of them call, it goes out of silent.

Other thing it does:
    -launches an app menu when I plug in headphones
    -mutes volume if headphones disconnect
    -plays loud music and sends gps location, along with displaying emergency contact info if someone texts me SOS! (good for finding lost/stolen phone)
    -if I connect to mall wifi, it launches coupons
    It can do pretty much anything you can think of.

Like I said, I want a use for this, but Tasker can already do all of this, and more. Once set up, it's easier as well, because I don't have to launch any apps or touch anything. It just works.

What happens if you take a day off from work?

Sent from my DROIDX (soon to be sent from my S3) using AC Forums App
    I Monarch likes this.
    06-13-2012 10:24 AM
    What happens if you take a day off from work?
    Exactly.

I'm not knocking Tasker. I used something similar back in the webOS days. It's great and offers a lot of customization. But there were always times when the "pre-set" settings didn't account for a change in routine.

With these a person can specifcally select when a change go into effect. This can have its advantages depending on how someone wants to control their phone.

-Suntan
    06-13-2012 10:30 AM
    I just bought 15 tags for $17 and some change shipped from tagstand.com. People are reporting these work fine with the Samsung TecTile software, and at a fraction of the price.
    06-13-2012 10:33 AM
    I just bought 15 tags for $17 and some change shipped from tagstand.com. People are reporting these work fine with the Samsung TecTile software, and at a fraction of the price.
    I have a bunch of non-tectiles and they work fine with the tectile app.

/Tapatalker
    06-13-2012 10:42 AM
45 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD