Samsung Galaxy S3 - Bluetooth issue & Question

MaxPrimal

Jun 14, 2012
Visit site
I have got a Pearl Blue Galaxy S3 to replace my old Galaxy S and love it to bits but found two issues relating to Bluetooth use on it.

I wanted to send a file to a friend via Bluetooth. We paired his HTC Wildfire to my S3 but when I tired to send the file nothing was sent and eventually I got a connection error. When I tried to send a file to my old Galaxy S, they paired up and the file was sent straight away. My friend showed that he can send and receive files to other people but there seems to be an issue between my phone and his. Does anyone have any ideas why?

My phone connects to my in-car Bluetooth adaptor perfectly and lets me take calls, stream music and use SVoice via the Bluetooth connection without any issues.

And speaking of Bluetooth in the car. Can the phone connect to 2 Bluetooth devices at the same or are you limited to connecting to one device at a time. I ask as I have got an Bluetooth OBD sensor for my car which lets my Galaxy read the cars ECU status real time via the Torque Pro software. This works well and is very helpful but I noticed today that the connection was at the cost of my in-car Bluetooth (i.e hands free kit). Can I connect the hands-free and the OBD sensor at the same time or is that simply not possible?

Thanks
Max

walcolm

Jun 6, 2012
Visit site
did you also try to send a file using your old Galaxy S to your friend to establish there's no Samsung-HTC issue and did your friend try to send you a file a la HTC Wildfire-Samsung S3?

it might be worthwhile to grab the new update that hit a few days ago to see if this type of issue has been fixed

sorry i cant help you with the OBD/ECU part of your question

Mayawaves

May 4, 2013
Visit site
I have got a Pearl Blue Galaxy S3 to replace my old Galaxy S and love it to bits but found two issues relating to Bluetooth use on it.

I wanted to send a file to a friend via Bluetooth. We paired his HTC Wildfire to my S3 but when I tired to send the file nothing was sent and eventually I got a connection error. When I tried to send a file to my old Galaxy S, they paired up and the file was sent straight away. My friend showed that he can send and receive files to other people but there seems to be an issue between my phone and his. Does anyone have any ideas why?

My phone connects to my in-car Bluetooth adaptor perfectly and lets me take calls, stream music and use SVoice via the Bluetooth connection without any issues.

And speaking of Bluetooth in the car. Can the phone connect to 2 Bluetooth devices at the same or are you limited to connecting to one device at a time. I ask as I have got an Bluetooth OBD sensor for my car which lets my Galaxy read the cars ECU status real time via the Torque Pro software. This works well and is very helpful but I noticed today that the connection was at the cost of my in-car Bluetooth (i.e hands free kit). Can I connect the hands-free and the OBD sensor at the same time or is that simply not possible?

Thanks
Max

having the same issue :(:'( --- did you ever find a solution?? I"ve resorted to using dropbox...

bassmig

May 25, 2012
Visit site
I can connect to my bluetooth headset and my bluetooth music dongle in my car. I can't speak to the odb reader but you can connect multiple sound devices.