Will be over seas for a few months, which phone version

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
yes thats the one to get..you will not have LTE here in the states but i find hspa+ on att to be more than enough. Getting decent speeds...

dmchenry35

Sep 18, 2011
Visit site
Thanks! Any suggestions for other phones? I'm using the galaxy nexus (Verizon) here in the states, but I'm assuming that won't work overseas right?

anon(522296)

Oct 13, 2011
Visit site
You can get the international HTC One X but I had one and it isn't no where near as good as the SG3....lots of software problems that I encountered but the hardware is excellent.

PJnc284

Nov 6, 2009
Visit site
Thanks! Any suggestions for other phones? I'm using the galaxy nexus (Verizon) here in the states, but I'm assuming that won't work overseas right?

Not unless the country has cdma and Verizon has a roaming agreement there. The Verizon Galaxy SIII will however have global roaming capability which Verizon said they'll enable at a later date. Who knows if it's like the Rezound where it seemed to be unlocked out of the box and not actually require an update.

kjnangre

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
You can get the AT&T S3. It will roam on GSM/HSPA+ all over the world, AND, when you're in the US, you can use LTE.

Indeed, your Nexus will not work in most of the world

made1305

Sep 14, 2012
Visit site
Hi - now that the Verizon Samsung Galaxy S III has been out for awhile, can somebody please confirm if they have been able to successfully use an international local SIM card in a GSM country? I need to use it in Europe and would like to know if it can happen, or does it require a software update that's still yet to come. Many thanks in advance.

Members online

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
itamargs