Phandroid is reporting a 1 week delay north of the border. Will we see a delay as well?
    Hope not. Keeping an eye out for an email from ATT.

http://phandroid.com/2012/06/15/cana...ck-to-june-27/
    06-15-2012 05:03 PM
    I'm sure that means the same for us

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I727 using Android Central Forums
    06-15-2012 05:15 PM
    Canada is getting the short end of the stick, simply because it is a much smaller market. Add to that, the big New York City unveiling by Samsung on the 20th. And my guess is, pre-orders won't be effected. Only in store purchases. Just my guess though.
    06-15-2012 05:27 PM
    I can't preorder this phone because I am switching from Sprint to VZW. I hope the stores have enough, I don't think there are going to be a hundred people lined up outside of Spokane's VZW stores.
    06-15-2012 05:31 PM
    I can't preorder this phone because I am switching from Sprint to VZW. I hope the stores have enough, I don't think there are going to be a hundred people lined up outside of Spokane's VZW stores.
    I thought VZW was not shipping until July 10 anyway?
    I am still going to be optimistic until I know it's delayed here for sure.
    Hopefully you are right about the big NY event discouraging a US delay.
    06-15-2012 05:36 PM
    I thought VZW was not shipping until July 10 anyway?
    I am still going to be optimistic until I know it's delayed here for sure.
    Hopefully you are right about the big NY event discouraging a US delay.
    Yup, Verizon has been burned more than once by over-promising then under-delivering on release dates before. They've learned.

I'm sure they were PLANNING on the 28th, but they were smart enough to give themselves a cushion and say July 9-10 just for times like these.

This is also the reason they haven't given a firm release date yet; they don't know. It's not like they're sitting on thousands of boxes of them in a warehouse somewhere. They are subject to any delays Samsung gives them, just like we are.
    LazrRocketArm likes this.
    06-15-2012 05:43 PM
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!!!!
    06-15-2012 06:09 PM
    Why can't new customers pre-order at Verizon?
    06-15-2012 06:41 PM
    Im already counting down the days to the 21st. This is not cool *crosses fingers* if there is a delay for the US.
    06-15-2012 07:26 PM
    As I commented in the article, if Samsung delays the phone in the US, they might as well have told Judge Koh to give Apple the temporary restraining order they were looking for. Samsung cannot afford a delay in the US.
    unopepito06 and numb683 like this.
    06-15-2012 07:44 PM
    Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!!
    06-15-2012 07:53 PM
    I tried tweeting Samsung on Twitter about this and they didnt reply back so ill try to email them and gosh I hope the US release isnt delayed, its so close!

EDIT: I contacted Samsung via a web chat, this is what I was told by Samsung Rep Ronnie
    Ronnie: Hi, thank you for contacting Samsung Technical Support. How may I help you today?

Mathew: Hello I have a question about the Galaxy S III, I read a report that it's release was going to be delayed in Canada. Will this impact the device's launch in the US? The report said something about a shortage.

Ronnie: I understand that you want to know about the release of Samsung Galaxy S III . Is that correct?

Mathew: Yes, I am just wondering will it still be released next week?

Ronnie: Thank you.

Ronnie: I understand your concern.

Ronnie: The device is going to released on June 21st.

Mathew: Your welcome, I am a member of Android Central forums and I saw a thread today about it so I was trying to find out if the Canadian delay would affect the US, thank you for answering my question.

Ronnie: You're welcome.

Ronnie: We have no information if it is delayed or not, however the date for the release of Galaxy S III is June 21st 2012.
    famousstarchriss and defector like this.
    06-15-2012 08:11 PM
    Canada is getting the short end of the stick, simply because it is a much smaller market. Add to that, the big New York City unveiling by Samsung on the 20th. And my guess is, pre-orders won't be effected. Only in store purchases. Just my guess though.
    I would tend to agree that pre-orders will still be delivered by the 21st but if there is a delay then it will apply to in-store sales only. I cannot see Samsung letting all of the pre-order hype run into this kind of road block. Plus they will just be getting great free marketing by delivering all of those pre-sale units and generation further buzz.

Not sent from my Pre-Ordered Galaxy S3 as it is currently busy being taken to court by Apple, whose motto must now be "Don't innovate, just litigate"!
    06-15-2012 09:48 PM
    I both chatted and talked to Sprint CSR's...we all know that they don't always know that much but both of them said the 21st is still a go and that they have had no indications that there will be a delay.
    06-15-2012 11:24 PM
    I am sure samsung is hoarding stock for the US launch before anymore legal nonsense arises.

Smart move...
    LazrRocketArm likes this.
    06-15-2012 11:33 PM
    I am sure samsung is hoarding stock for the US launch before anymore legal nonsense arises.

Smart move...
    Had the same thought. Maybe they shift all the effort into US launch so they can get as many units out as possible. Always love a good conspiracy theory!

If US gets it on time, I definitely would feel bad for Canadians.
    whatever helps Samsung against Apple in the long run.
    06-16-2012 01:03 AM
    Say it aint so johnny boy. Say it aint so!
    06-16-2012 02:23 AM
    How ironic that Canada announced the phone about a week before the US.
    06-16-2012 08:46 AM
    Heres my mindless ramblings copied and pasted from the blog post ...

I would bet this story is exactly as sounds, and is a strategic business move by Samsung.

What Samsung is likely doing is getting as many phones inside the US boarders as fast as possible, before Apple convinces a sucker judge to uphold a patent, which probably shouldn't have been issued to begin with. I know nothing of the Canadian patent laws, but I'd venture a guess they are significantly better than the U.S. so Samsung is willing to delay shipments to Canada, to allow a ramp up of U.S. devices.

Patents are important and protect great ideas, but our system has allowed them to become corporate weapons to stifle competition. With the ITC ruling android OEMs cannot use Google patent portfolio in their defense against apple, I hope el goog is serious planning to say screw this middle man crap and go directly at apple. This goes deeper than OEMs and is now impacting Android fans and supporters.

P.S. - Some of apple patents are probably legit and fair game, but It's getting old seeing them cry "FRAND" when they want to use someones patent, but when an android OEM wants to license an apple patent they won't play ball and call for a device ban and code change. The patent in question isn't covered by FRAND but the point stands.
    Tkbredx and rayman23 like this.
    06-16-2012 09:55 AM
    Can you use your corporate discount to preorder the samsung. Galaxy S 3
    06-16-2012 05:44 PM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD