Today is shipping day for ATT, Sprint and Tmo?

brianm76

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I just talked to an ATT rep through chat and initially she told me that my phone would not ship until 6/21. I copied my order confirmation email into the chat and she went away for several minutes and apologized for the incorrect information in the email confirmation and again stated the my S3 would not ship until 6/21. I asked her that since ATT had provided incorrect information in the email confirmation what would the do in lieu of me cancelling the S3 order and she again went away this time for longer. After returning she advised me that she was in error and that new orders were shipping on 6/21 and pre-orders started shipping today and that I should expect to receive my S3 on or before 6/21 as stated in the email. I don't know which answer to believe and guess only time will tell. :-\

kgbj83

Jan 31, 2011
Visit site
I preordered the 32GB online with Sprint and mines too said "backordered". The rep I spoke to said that its because of activity in the warehouse and I should get it on or before the 21st.

gerstud101

Dec 23, 2010
Visit site
Spoke with a person at AT&T yesterday and today via there website live chat. Conversations went as follows--

Yesterday:

• Me: I heard that galaxy s3 release date was pushed back a week in Cananda, and I just wanted to confirm that my schedule hasn't changed in status, and should still arrive on or before the 21st.
  • Carita: Thank you. Unfortunately, the information is true. The Order Shipment date has been pushed back to June 28th for Canadian customers due to high demand. For further details you can check the Samsung Website. Would you like the website address?
  • Me: No, I am an American customer
  • Me: I am asking about my oprder
  • Carita: No. All US orders are still as scheduled. Keep in mind they are on a first come first serve basis.
  • Carita: Was there anything else I could assist you with today?
  • Me: Understood, so no delays relating to which color I ordered? I know overseas the blue version was delayed too. I just want to make sure what I was told when I bought it, which is arrive on or before the 21st, with shipments starting tomorrow, is still correct.
  • Carita: No, everything is fine.
  • Me: OK, thank you so much I sincerely appreciated the assurances.

Today:

• Markese: I ahve located the order. Your device has been ordered during a special pre-order event. Pre-ordered devices are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. We will notify you by e-mail when your device has shipped from our warehouse.
  • Markese: Are there any other questions or concerns I can answer for you today?
  • Me: When should I expect it to ship? I was told the 18th when I ordered it.
  • Markese: Yes. That is correct. The Samsung Galaxy S III is set to ship for customers today. However, I am unsure of when your particular order will ship. The Expected Delivery Date has not been updated to the system, yet.
  • Me: Ah I see, so you don't know where I am "in line," since its first come first serve, in other words?
  • Markese: Yes., That is correct.,

All this talk of "first com first serve" still makes me nervous (even though I preordered at noon on the 6th), but seems like all is still on schedule...here's hoping, lest I spend this whole week pulling my hair out.

goelz83

May 3, 2011
Visit site
I just talked to an ATT rep through chat and initially she told me that my phone would not ship until 6/21. I copied my order confirmation email into the chat and she went away for several minutes and apologized for the incorrect information in the email confirmation and again stated the my S3 would not ship until 6/21. I asked her that since ATT had provided incorrect information in the email confirmation what would the do in lieu of me cancelling the S3 order and she again went away this time for longer. After returning she advised me that she was in error and that new orders were shipping on 6/21 and pre-orders started shipping today and that I should expect to receive my S3 on or before 6/21 as stated in the email. I don't know which answer to believe and guess only time will tell. :-\

Go ahead and cancel your preorder. Then be prepared to wait a couple weeks to get your phone.

chig

Jul 19, 2011
Visit site
i was just checking on Sprint.com site to see if there was any update in the forums about the release date and preorders, and noticed something that may be a bad sign... the GS3 was a feature item on the website, the last thumbnail of the 5 that come up on the home page, well, it's now gone... the PreOrder pop up is nowhere to be found...
replaced by this... http://spe.atdmt.com/ds/YUSPTSPRTSPR/HERO/061512_UPU_OptimusS_960x320.jpg (LG OptimusS)
delay to be expected???

Uncle Louie

Jun 14, 2010
Visit site
i was just checking on Sprint.com site to see if there was any update in the forums about the release date and preorders, and noticed something that may be a bad sign... the GS3 was a feature item on the website, the last thumbnail of the 5 that come up on the home page, well, it's now gone... the PreOrder pop up is nowhere to be found...
replaced by this... http://spe.atdmt.com/ds/YUSPTSPRTSPR/HERO/061512_UPU_OptimusS_960x320.jpg (LG OptimusS)
delay to be expected???

It was already gone yesterday (or the day before) for me, yet they were still taking preorders for both colors of the 16gb. I think we'll be okay. :D

Sent from my SPH-D700 using Android Central Forums

cwoms167

Jul 21, 2011
Visit site
This could also be because they are getting ready to add a tab to purchase the phone instead of pre ordering

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I717 using Android Central Forums

minnick

Jun 19, 2012
Visit site
I'd like to know this info too! AT&T in-store preorder for me (to the poster above, don't worry you're not the only one =0).

Status says 'backordered' like everyone else is mentioning. I also got a 'replacement sim for apple ipad' right below it as well. Switching from a 3g Blackberry have anything to do with that?

Btw, just switched over from the sister site Crackberry.com and joining the Android community as a (soon-to-be) proud father of SGS3!!!!! WOOT!!!! Now hurry up and ship the damn thing AT&T

carlosrey23

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
The Samsung Event is on the 20th @ 9 PM. I would not be surprised if many of us will find a a nice and shiny box the next day at their door steps. I do think that not all pre-orders will be fulfilled on the 21st though. At least with VZW the commitment date is July 10th...so by then all should have it!

MannyZ28

Apr 18, 2010
Visit site
Guess I'm the only one that does store pickup preorders. Lol

Nope, I did the store thing too, best buy in my case. I would love to see you play with your gs3 for the first time, seeing that you're coming from a palm pre, the gs3 should do some serious mind blowing!

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums

cgardnervt

Jun 24, 2011
Visit site
im not angry; i was saying i dont care if i have to wait till tomorrow for it to ship :)

Me neither! But threads keep people sane sometimes. I am sure at the end of the day we could all live another few days if we had too!

I still look from time to time. I still haven't got a case or anything yet. I am still awaiting on that too. Guess I need to start looking into that!

All I know if tonight after work as long as its nice out I will be by the pool or lake! So needless to say...I'm glad I am smartphoneless for today! :p

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
c'mon man!

s3order.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
kerokekerol