06-20-2012 08:36 PM
56 123
tools
    Anyone seen there status change?!

Come on Sammy I want my phone now!!!

Post if you get any new shipping feed back!
    06-18-2012 05:18 AM
    As a Verizon customer.....I dont like you right now
    06-18-2012 08:11 AM
    I'm sorry Bullfrog!

If it makes you feel any better I don't think anyone's have shipped yet! In fact there isnt really release date in stone yet.
    06-18-2012 08:19 AM
    someone over at XDA said release will be delayed for all carriers; he didnt provide a source so i dont believe it
    06-18-2012 08:21 AM
    Nothing changed on AT&T. Still waiting. When is the dog and pony show?

ETA: Launch even 9pm EST..... I have a strange feeling we will see no shipping info until after that.
    06-18-2012 08:51 AM
    Nothing changed on AT&T. Still waiting. When is the dog and pony show?

ETA: Launch even 9pm EST..... I have a strange feeling we will see no shipping info until after that.
    What launch event are you talking about? The one on the 20th? I didn't think there was one today at 9pm.
    06-18-2012 09:09 AM
    Well I just checked my status for my Sprint preorder which has an updated date of today 6/18/12. Previously the status said that my device was a preorder and that they would do their best to have it me before everyone elses gets a look at it on June 21st. The status has changed to something very disheartening! It says:

Status: The order or a portion of the order is in backorder status. If the customer would like to select an alternate product or cancel the backordered item, transfer to Order Support.

Oh dear lord...what does this mean???? Late last week I know that they stopped taking preorders on the 32G (which I ordered) stating that the preorder stock was sold out...I'm getting scared..Anyone else see a status change???
    06-18-2012 09:32 AM
    thats not when the status was updated; its the last time you looked at it; check other forums; we all have that status
    06-18-2012 09:34 AM
    Well I just checked my status for my Sprint preorder which has an updated date of today 6/18/12. Previously the status said that my device was a preorder and that they would do their best to have it me before everyone elses gets a look at it on June 21st. The status has changed to something very disheartening! It says:

Status: The order or a portion of the order is in backorder status. If the customer would like to select an alternate product or cancel the backordered item, transfer to Order Support.

Oh dear lord...what does this mean???? Late last week I know that they stopped taking preorders on the 32G (which I ordered) stating that the preorder stock was sold out...I'm getting scared..Anyone else see a status change???
    I also have this but when I check the order with my D order # it says my order has been shipped. I just called sprint and was told that nothing was shipped yet and not go worry about the preorder message. Rep said big possibility that tracking number will be there tonight and i would receive it tomorrow since they are being sent overnight shipping.
    jerseygirl and IRepTheKing like this.
    06-18-2012 11:38 AM
    Hate you?
    poopie35 likes this.
    06-18-2012 05:31 PM
    Went into Verizon today asked if they knew anything and they told me: "We haven't been trained for that yet, we're going to be trained this week."
    Went into Best Buy as they typically are a little more informed than the Verizon sales reps, and the lady confidently said "The release date for the Verizon GSIII is June 22nd." I asked several times if she was serious and she said she was sure of it. Doubt this is true, but who knows? We've got nothing to lose by believing her, as our phones are coming eventually.
    06-18-2012 06:42 PM
    Anyone have any idea of the release date for att, their website seems so unclear

Sent from my SGH-I897 using Android Central Forums
    06-18-2012 06:53 PM
    Supposedly AT&T is supposed to ship today as well. I preordered mine at Best Buy and as of about 3 hours ago they're still saying that it's expected to arrive on the 21st.
    Of course, that just means that they still have a few days to issue a delay announcement.
    06-18-2012 07:04 PM
    pre-ordered mines online through AT&T, status says backordered, when i placed the order it said will ship on or before the 21st
    06-18-2012 07:17 PM
    pre-ordered mines online through AT&T, status says backordered, when i placed the order it said will ship on or before the 21st
    same thing with sprint
    LadiJae likes this.
    06-18-2012 07:18 PM
    I also have this but when I check the order with my D order # it says my order has been shipped. I just called sprint and was told that nothing was shipped yet and not go worry about the preorder message. Rep said big possibility that tracking number will be there tonight and i would receive it tomorrow since they are being sent overnight shipping.
    The D order number has said that they have shipped since the 5th of June.

06-18-2012 07:48 PM
    Went into Verizon today asked if they knew anything and they told me: "We haven't been trained for that yet, we're going to be trained this week."
    Went into Best Buy as they typically are a little more informed than the Verizon sales reps, and the lady confidently said "The release date for the Verizon GSIII is June 22nd." I asked several times if she was serious and she said she was sure of it. Doubt this is true, but who knows? We've got nothing to lose by believing her, as our phones are coming eventually.
    Cant be true. because verizon always has new releases on a thursday and I mean always. Dont know why they like thursday soo much but they do.
    06-18-2012 07:53 PM
    same thing with sprint
    Same thing on my wife's ordered from Sprint - "backordered".

I ordered mine from Radio Shack and they would not quote a date. Only said they would call when it came in.

If she gets her's first their could be trouble.
    LadiJae likes this.
    06-18-2012 08:02 PM
    After the crap Best Buy tried to pull with the Thunderbolt, I don't believe anything they say
    06-18-2012 08:20 PM
    Rep said big possibility that tracking number will be there tonight and i would receive it tomorrow since they are being sent overnight shipping.
    This is the best news right now. I am confused by what the "D number" is. I checked my order stat and is says "backordered" like everyone else, but I spoke to a Sprint rep who said that we can disregard this status; they will be on time.
    06-18-2012 08:24 PM
    same old "backordered" sign on my AT&T order page...
    06-18-2012 08:37 PM
    I just talked to an ATT rep through chat and initially she told me that my phone would not ship until 6/21. I copied my order confirmation email into the chat and she went away for several minutes and apologized for the incorrect information in the email confirmation and again stated the my S3 would not ship until 6/21. I asked her that since ATT had provided incorrect information in the email confirmation what would the do in lieu of me cancelling the S3 order and she again went away this time for longer. After returning she advised me that she was in error and that new orders were shipping on 6/21 and pre-orders started shipping today and that I should expect to receive my S3 on or before 6/21 as stated in the email. I don't know which answer to believe and guess only time will tell.
    06-18-2012 08:44 PM
    I preordered the 32GB online with Sprint and mines too said "backordered". The rep I spoke to said that its because of activity in the warehouse and I should get it on or before the 21st.
    06-18-2012 08:44 PM
    Spoke with a person at AT&T yesterday and today via there website live chat. Conversations went as follows--

Yesterday:

• Me: I heard that galaxy s3 release date was pushed back a week in Cananda, and I just wanted to confirm that my schedule hasn't changed in status, and should still arrive on or before the 21st.
    • Carita: Thank you. Unfortunately, the information is true. The Order Shipment date has been pushed back to June 28th for Canadian customers due to high demand. For further details you can check the Samsung Website. Would you like the website address?
    • Me: No, I am an American customer
    • Me: I am asking about my oprder
    • Carita: No. All US orders are still as scheduled. Keep in mind they are on a first come first serve basis.
    • Carita: Was there anything else I could assist you with today?
    • Me: Understood, so no delays relating to which color I ordered? I know overseas the blue version was delayed too. I just want to make sure what I was told when I bought it, which is arrive on or before the 21st, with shipments starting tomorrow, is still correct.
    • Carita: No, everything is fine.
    • Me: OK, thank you so much I sincerely appreciated the assurances.

Today:

• Markese: I ahve located the order. Your device has been ordered during a special pre-order event. Pre-ordered devices are processed on a first-come, first-served basis. We will notify you by e-mail when your device has shipped from our warehouse.
    • Markese: Are there any other questions or concerns I can answer for you today?
    • Me: When should I expect it to ship? I was told the 18th when I ordered it.
    • Markese: Yes. That is correct. The Samsung Galaxy S III is set to ship for customers today. However, I am unsure of when your particular order will ship. The Expected Delivery Date has not been updated to the system, yet.
    • Me: Ah I see, so you don't know where I am "in line," since its first come first serve, in other words?
    • Markese: Yes., That is correct.,

All this talk of "first com first serve" still makes me nervous (even though I preordered at noon on the 6th), but seems like all is still on schedule...here's hoping, lest I spend this whole week pulling my hair out.
    06-18-2012 08:49 PM
    I just talked to an ATT rep through chat and initially she told me that my phone would not ship until 6/21. I copied my order confirmation email into the chat and she went away for several minutes and apologized for the incorrect information in the email confirmation and again stated the my S3 would not ship until 6/21. I asked her that since ATT had provided incorrect information in the email confirmation what would the do in lieu of me cancelling the S3 order and she again went away this time for longer. After returning she advised me that she was in error and that new orders were shipping on 6/21 and pre-orders started shipping today and that I should expect to receive my S3 on or before 6/21 as stated in the email. I don't know which answer to believe and guess only time will tell.
    Go ahead and cancel your preorder. Then be prepared to wait a couple weeks to get your phone.
    06-18-2012 10:36 PM
56 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD