Car dock?

videian

Jun 7, 2010
Visit site
Anyone have a particularly good car dock in mind for this device that will handle a slim TPU case?

HTC hit a home run with their card dock for the one X... wish samsung would do the same.

Looking for something aesthetically pleasing and clean

DianeR

Jun 7, 2012
Visit site
don't think so. I was more concerned with it being well made and compact because I fly and have car rentals every week and travel with it. There's cheaper ones but you get what you pay for. I didn't see any yet that have the power connector. Not a big deal for me.

ansextra

Apr 16, 2011
Visit site
I'm spoiled by my current Droid X car dock I guess... :) I'd like to find a car dock I can keep plugged in and use TecTiles to add the functionality I want when the phone is seated in it.

CVisk

Sep 29, 2010
Visit site
I'm spoiled by my current Droid X car dock I guess... :) I'd like to find a car dock I can keep plugged in and use TecTiles to add the functionality I want when the phone is seated in it.

Ditto. I like the ones where the power source plugs into the dock and then you just set the phone in the dock without messing with cables.

Nickerz

May 16, 2011
Visit site
It seems HTC and Motorola do a really good job of supporting their devices with a model specific Car Dock. From what I've seen so far, their Car Mode software is the most appealing. I think Samsung has a car mode but Moto & HTC seem to make the UI really simple with big appealing buttons. Plus, doesn't all of HTC and MOTO devices have a car dock? With being able to play music, take calls, navigate and then charge an extra premium for the accessory (car dock itself)...why wouldn't all companies do this and put a lot more thought into it like HTC and Moto? This is a VERY cool feature of combining other devices, tasks into just one...your phone! Oh yeah, and they still make phone calls - lol!!! :D Look out Garmin and TomTom...your days could be numbered.

Mikest

Aug 21, 2011
Visit site
Allegedly the samsung official Infuse 4G Car dock fits the GS3 nicely. I already have one because it fit my GSII Epic Touch 4G, I'm just waiting on the phone to test it.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9wBmmKhp9Y[/YT]

It has both power and audio outs built in. Should be able to find them pretty cheap.

rundown87

Aug 1, 2010
Visit site
If you buy from AT&T, I think I saw it for $17.00. I didn't look at shipping rates or anything, though. I got mine from Amazon for 25.00. Comes in today. Will report back how I like it.

mikesmith

Jul 15, 2010
Visit site
Can you use the Infuse dock with a cover on the S3?

Sent from my DROIDX (soon to be sent from my S3) using AC Forums App

DSK123

Apr 19, 2012
Visit site
Allegedly the samsung official Infuse 4G Car dock fits the GS3 nicely. I already have one because it fit my GSII Epic Touch 4G, I'm just waiting on the phone to test it.

It has both power and audio outs built in. Should be able to find them pretty cheap.

This looks really good. My only question is how do you wire these up to charge and have audio output? Right now, for my iPhone I have one cable from dock to cigarette lighter (is this AC) and then line from headphone outlet to aux of car.

Is this similar here? Is it all integrated into one or 2 cables?

anon(181017)

Feb 20, 2011
Visit site
Samsung Infuse 4G Vehicle Navigation Mount - $22.95

they were backordered for the past week or so and now it looks like they jacked the price up! lol.

I saw this other link to the same product, on the same site Samsung Infuse 4G Vehicle Navigation Mount (Bulk) - $13.95
And it is cheaper but "not in stock". I don't know what the deal is, maybe they had to change item numbers to jack up the price, and that one will never be back in stock. I'm going to wait a few days to see if the cheap one comes available again. Otherwise I'll be ordering it from Amazon for $25.95 with free shipping, so only $1 more total and I order from Amazon all the time and know/trust them well.

Edit: https://forums.androidcentral.com/e.../buy/accessories/browse/cases/&token=RBXOBI6f
Someone above mentioned it was on the AT&T website for $17.99, and it was. Free shipping, + tax my total was $19.08 so I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

Edit 2: well that was dumb... Ordered today thinking it would take a day to process and a couple days to ship. Turns out it shipped today and will be delivered tomorrow... And I'm out of town until Sunday. I guess if it's signature required I'll have to pick it up next week. If not and they leave it on my doorstep I'll have to have my neighbor grab it or it will stay on my doorstep for a few days... Probably be ok. Wish I was having the same problem with my actual phone, I'd cut my vacation short to wait for fedex on my front step.

Last edited:

EvilMonkey

Jun 4, 2010
Visit site
Power cable into the dock and audio cable into the dock.

This is nice...since right now even on my dock (for my EVO 4G) I have to plug in the audio cable separately. If I can just leave them in the dock so I just have to slide the phone in, that'll be awesome.

I have not gotten a bluetooth stereo yet, obviously.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dawncompton