07-06-2012 10:34 AM
28 12
tools
    Anyone have a particularly good car dock in mind for this device that will handle a slim TPU case?

HTC hit a home run with their card dock for the one X... wish samsung would do the same.

Looking for something aesthetically pleasing and clean
    06-19-2012 07:41 AM
    06-19-2012 08:43 AM
    Looks nice but does it have a built in power connector? I didn't see that anywhere.
    06-19-2012 09:54 AM
    don't think so. I was more concerned with it being well made and compact because I fly and have car rentals every week and travel with it. There's cheaper ones but you get what you pay for. I didn't see any yet that have the power connector. Not a big deal for me.
    06-19-2012 10:27 AM
    I'm spoiled by my current Droid X car dock I guess... I'd like to find a car dock I can keep plugged in and use TecTiles to add the functionality I want when the phone is seated in it.
    06-19-2012 10:37 AM
    I'm spoiled by my current Droid X car dock I guess... I'd like to find a car dock I can keep plugged in and use TecTiles to add the functionality I want when the phone is seated in it.
    Ditto. I like the ones where the power source plugs into the dock and then you just set the phone in the dock without messing with cables.
    jreese33 likes this.
    06-19-2012 12:45 PM
    Ditto. I like the ones where the power source plugs into the dock and then you just set the phone in the dock without messing with cables.
    Ditto.
    06-19-2012 01:19 PM
    It seems HTC and Motorola do a really good job of supporting their devices with a model specific Car Dock. From what I've seen so far, their Car Mode software is the most appealing. I think Samsung has a car mode but Moto & HTC seem to make the UI really simple with big appealing buttons. Plus, doesn't all of HTC and MOTO devices have a car dock? With being able to play music, take calls, navigate and then charge an extra premium for the accessory (car dock itself)...why wouldn't all companies do this and put a lot more thought into it like HTC and Moto? This is a VERY cool feature of combining other devices, tasks into just one...your phone! Oh yeah, and they still make phone calls - lol!!! Look out Garmin and TomTom...your days could be numbered.
    07-04-2012 09:40 PM
    Allegedly the samsung official Infuse 4G Car dock fits the GS3 nicely. I already have one because it fit my GSII Epic Touch 4G, I'm just waiting on the phone to test it.

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=p9wBmmKhp9Y[/YT]

It has both power and audio outs built in. Should be able to find them pretty cheap.
    07-04-2012 10:17 PM
    Allegedly the samsung official Infuse 4G Car dock fits the GS3 nicely. I already have one because it fit my GSII Epic Touch 4G, I'm just waiting on the phone to test it.

It has both power and audio outs built in. Should be able to find them pretty cheap.
    Bought this online, brand new, shipped to my door for $16.
    07-05-2012 07:29 AM
    Bought this online, brand new, shipped to my door for $16.
    From where?
    07-05-2012 08:04 AM
    If you buy from AT&T, I think I saw it for $17.00. I didn't look at shipping rates or anything, though. I got mine from Amazon for 25.00. Comes in today. Will report back how I like it.
    07-05-2012 09:54 AM
    From where?
    Samsung Infuse 4G Vehicle Navigation Mount - $22.95

they were backordered for the past week or so and now it looks like they jacked the price up! lol.
    07-05-2012 10:04 AM
    Can you use the Infuse dock with a cover on the S3?

Sent from my DROIDX (soon to be sent from my S3) using AC Forums App
    07-05-2012 10:06 AM
    Can you use the Infuse dock with a cover on the S3?

Sent from my DROIDX (soon to be sent from my S3) using AC Forums App
    No, it is already snug without a case
    07-05-2012 10:09 AM

This looks really good. My only question is how do you wire these up to charge and have audio output? Right now, for my iPhone I have one cable from dock to cigarette lighter (is this AC) and then line from headphone outlet to aux of car.

Is this similar here? Is it all integrated into one or 2 cables?
    07-05-2012 10:53 AM
    Power cable into the dock and audio cable into the dock.
    DSK123 and aaCharley like this.
    07-05-2012 11:04 AM
    Samsung Infuse 4G Vehicle Navigation Mount - $22.95

they were backordered for the past week or so and now it looks like they jacked the price up! lol.
    I saw this other link to the same product, on the same site Samsung Infuse 4G Vehicle Navigation Mount (Bulk) - $13.95
    And it is cheaper but "not in stock". I don't know what the deal is, maybe they had to change item numbers to jack up the price, and that one will never be back in stock. I'm going to wait a few days to see if the cheap one comes available again. Otherwise I'll be ordering it from Amazon for $25.95 with free shipping, so only $1 more total and I order from Amazon all the time and know/trust them well.

Edit: http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/accessories/cases.html
    Someone above mentioned it was on the AT&T website for $17.99, and it was. Free shipping, + tax my total was $19.08 so I went ahead and pulled the trigger.

Edit 2: well that was dumb... Ordered today thinking it would take a day to process and a couple days to ship. Turns out it shipped today and will be delivered tomorrow... And I'm out of town until Sunday. I guess if it's signature required I'll have to pick it up next week. If not and they leave it on my doorstep I'll have to have my neighbor grab it or it will stay on my doorstep for a few days... Probably be ok. Wish I was having the same problem with my actual phone, I'd cut my vacation short to wait for fedex on my front step.
    aaCharley and mc_gusto like this.
    07-05-2012 12:14 PM
    Power cable into the dock and audio cable into the dock.
    This is nice...since right now even on my dock (for my EVO 4G) I have to plug in the audio cable separately. If I can just leave them in the dock so I just have to slide the phone in, that'll be awesome.

I have not gotten a bluetooth stereo yet, obviously.
    07-05-2012 12:18 PM

Edit: http://www.att.com/shop/wireless/accessories/cases.html
    Someone above mentioned it was on the AT&T website for $17.99, and it was. Free shipping, + tax my total was $19.08 so I went ahead and pulled the trigger.
    You're welcome.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    anon(181017) and mc_gusto like this.
    07-05-2012 04:45 PM
    Got my Pebble Blue today, dropped right into the infuse dock without a case. Its a bit tougher getting it back out though, but it works!
    07-05-2012 06:03 PM
    does it rub up too much against the plastic, do you think it will wear plastic away?

either way, ordered 1. thanks guys. i miss my touchstone
    07-05-2012 06:28 PM
    Yeah, that's what I'm worried about. Fits snug, but I am worried that smashing it in and out may wear on the plastic casing. The dock works well so far. We'll see tomorrow if it holds up while I'm at work and my car is baking in the 100+ degree weather. Also, when I "lock" the phone in, it goes into "car mode." S voice pops up, and I've got to close that, then go to my notification bar to disable car mode. Anyone know how to make this not automatically do that? I've got all the s voice stuff turned off.

Sent from my SPH-L710 using Tapatalk 2
    07-05-2012 07:43 PM
    I plan on breaking out the dremel and doing a mod to the infuse dock to make it fit with a case eventually. For now I'm having to much fun playing with my new phone.
    07-05-2012 08:10 PM
    I ended up going into the application manager and disabling S Voice since I don't use it anyway. That stopped it from popping up every time I plugged the phone into the dock. The "car mode" notification is still happening, but it isn't as big of a pain to shut that off.
    07-06-2012 07:22 AM
28 12
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD