The Delay Conspiracy

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
Delays in shipping for Sprint, Tmobile, Verizon (delayed from the start), and Canada. Samsung has allowed us to preorder our devices and by the popularity of the two best android devices of their year (the galaxy s and alaxy s2) Samsung knew that this device would basically be just as popular if not more.

With that being said I have come to a mild theory. I feel as if Samsung knew all along they werent shipping all the GS3s. They knew they werent ready for major production to start with. But they needed to let us preorder now even though they werent ready. 2 main reasons being HTC and Apple.

Samsung knew that by this preorder date, the One Series devices would still be returnable (because of the 30 day policy). So they allowed people to preorder their GS3 and return their precious htc devices.

Samsung also knew about the possibility of not being able to market their phones in the US because of Apple. So they let us preorder our devices. Not only that... But Samsung also knows that the iPhone 5 is due sometime relatively soon. Letting us preorder now would lessen the chances of iPhones cutting their sales.

Basically, I feel like Samsung knew all along the delay was coming. They just needed us to preorder to cut sales of HTC and stop Apple from cutting theirs. Ridiculous theory? I know. Do I believe it? Somewhat. Any thoughts?

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Delays in shipping for Sprint, Tmobile, Verizon (delayed from the start), and Canada. Samsung has allowed us to preorder our devices and by the popularity of the two best android devices of their year (the galaxy s and alaxy s2) Samsung knew that this device would basically be just as popular if not more.

With that being said I have come to a mild theory. I feel as if Samsung knew all along they werent shipping all the GS3s. They knew they werent ready for major production to start with. But they needed to let us preorder now even though they werent ready. 2 main reasons being HTC and Apple.

Samsung knew that by this preorder date, the One Series devices would still be returnable (because of the 30 day policy). So they allowed people to preorder their GS3 and return their precious htc devices.

Samsung also knew about the possibility of not being able to market their phones in the US because of Apple. So they let us preorder our devices. Not only that... But Samsung also knows that the iPhone 5 is due sometime relatively soon. Letting us preorder now would lessen the chances of iPhones cutting their sales.

Basically, I feel like Samsung knew all along the delay was coming. They just needed us to preorder to cut sales of HTC and stop Apple from cutting theirs. Ridiculous theory? I know. Do I believe it? Somewhat. Any thoughts?

Big flaw with your theory is that the iPhone is still several months away. Anyone that would be debating between that or the S3 would wait until the iPhone is announced before buying.

jfenton

Aug 11, 2010
Visit site
I'm typically big on conspiracy theories as many of them make sense. I think this is a simple matter of overwhelming demand.

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I'm pretty sure if Samsung could have the devices in users hands now, they would. After all it is released overseas. It just seems to have to do with demand. People make the situation worst when they ask carriers and 3rd party vendors because of their impatience and get 50 different stories from people who know nothing.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Not for nothing but its only the 19th and I believe that the 21st was the date for the 3 carriers and VZW always said the 9th. This whole section is turning into a bunch of whining babies who want thier toy .... I mean really.... When the phone comes it comes .... I can only speculate at the demand for this phone in numbers, I am sure that they are through the roof.
How is Samsung suppose to fill the huge demand for this phone ( across the god damn world no less) without a extended release date?
All that I hear from these "speculation posts" is "You made a toy and said I can have it in a little while, BUT I WANT IT NOW "

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
Not for nothing but its only the 19th and I believe that the 21st was the date for the 3 carriers and VZW always said the 9th. This whole section is turning into a bunch of whining babies who want thier toy .... I mean really.... When the phone comes it comes .... I can only speculate at the demand for this phone in numbers, I am sure that they are through the roof.
How is Samsung suppose to fill the huge demand for this phone ( across the god damn world no less) without a extended release date?
All that I hear from these "speculation posts" is "You made a toy and said I can have it in a little while, BUT I WANT IT NOW "

Agreed. Verizon users have nothing to be upset about until 7/9. And others after 6/21. First see of you are impacted by any delays then complain. Otherwise, have some patience.

sburggsx

May 22, 2012
Visit site
Agreed. Verizon users have nothing to be upset about until 7/9. And others after 6/21. First see of you are impacted by any delays then complain. Otherwise, have some patience.

I've already waited over two weeks!!! How much longer do you want me to wait??!?!

scorpiodsu

Jul 12, 2010
Visit site
I've already waited over two weeks!!! How much longer do you want me to wait??!?!

Uh until the date they actually said it will be released? Who said that you were getting the device before 6/21? Just curious.

If they told you 6/21 or 7/9 when you ordered and you don't have it them complain. Otherwise not sure what to complain about.

Last edited:

Cuda13

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site

That does it for me....I'm going back over to the baseball gloves forum to worry about when I'm getting my custom Nokona. Hopefully Apple hasn't tried to get an injunction against that!;)

liteon163

Mar 19, 2010
Visit site
Personally, I think it has more to do with the difficulty Qualcomm is having with production of the S4 chipset. Making 28nm chips is difficult and demand is overwhelming.

Everybody needs to queue up and wait their turn. I'm just glad I'm not in desperate need of a new phone.

Sent from my LG Spectrum using Tapatalk 2.

Cuda13

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
Same here. It shows up when it shows up. As long as there isn't a hitch with my unlimited data we have no problems.

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
That does it for me....I'm going back over to the baseball gloves forum to worry about when I'm getting my custom Nokona. Hopefully Apple hasn't tried to get an injunction against that!;)

BREAKING NEWS : APPLE TRIES TO GET INJUNCTION AGAINST ALL THINGS CUSTOMIZED.

It seems that in a complete frenzy over losing the ability to stop Samsung from shipping its new flagship phone, Apple has now issued a new law suit against every company that ships any product and calls it custom. Apple feels that the word custom is thiers after developing and selling iPhones with IOS which they feel was made custom for everyone. Apple says we know what everyone wants and our cookie cutter phone which locks you into our world is the custom phone you need.
On a sad note the NOKONA company was hit the hardest and is now out of business.
AP

SORRY DUDE

Cuda13

Jun 11, 2012
Visit site
BREAKING NEWS : APPLE TRIES TO GET INJUNCTION AGAINST ALL THINGS CUSTOMIZED.

It seems that in a complete frenzy over losing the ability to stop Samsung from shipping its new flagship phone, Apple has now issued a new law suit against every company that ships any product and calls it custom. Apple feels that the word custom is thiers after developing and selling iPhones with IOS which they feel was made custom for everyone. Apple says we know what everyone wants and our cookie cutter phone which locks you into our world is the custom phone you need.
On a sad note the NOKONA company was hit the hardest and is now out of business.
AP

SORRY DUDE

Too funny. I was cracking up reading your post to my wife and my 10 year old son walks into the room and says"you're not getting your new glove dad?".

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
Too funny. I was cracking up reading your post to my wife and my 10 year old son walks into the room and says"you're not getting your new glove dad?".
Tell him your not getting your glove, and that Christmas is also on the Apple chopping block.

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
You guys are no fun. Lol. Came up with this story mainly for entertainment. To hold me over the two days coming. But seriously though, why delay it because everyone cant get it at the same time. What happened to first come first serve? Lol

Tkbredx

Apr 8, 2012
Visit site
This whole section is turning into a bunch of whining babies who want thier toy .... I mean really.... When the phone comes it comes .... I can only speculate at the demand for this phone in numbers, I am sure that they are through the roof.

Just putting it out there that I preordered from Best Buy for instore pickup so for me... Hakuna Matata :p

NIKSTORM

Mar 25, 2010
Visit site
You guys are no fun. Lol. Came up with this story mainly for entertainment. To hold me over the two days coming. But seriously though, why delay it because everyone cant get it at the same time. What happened to first come first serve? Lol
Dude who even cares about the phone anymore ? CUDA13 is not getting his new custom glove, and apple is canceling Christmas !!!!! Christ man have you not been keeping up whither your own thread ?

Reactions: hounddogdaddy

hounddogdaddy

Jun 8, 2010
Visit site
Dude who even cares about the phone anymore ? CUDA13 is not getting his new custom glove, and apple is canceling Christmas !!!!! Christ man have you not been keeping up whither your own thread ?

Also Grandma got run over by a Reindeer... That red nosed a-hole!

Not sent from my Pre-Ordered Galaxy S3 as it is currently busy being taken to court by Apple, whose motto must now be "Don't innovate, just litigate"!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
planeboy