06-26-2012 05:37 AM
58 123
tools
    Someone clearly is having trouble with the English language. There are T-Mobile customers talking on the T-Mobile network as I type this, with their S3's. They couldn't do that if the phone hadn't been launched.
    The phone has not launched. Call it a soft launch, whatever you want, but if it isn't available in every T-Mobile location it is not a true launch.

On the other hand, SOME T-Mobile customers (like AT&T & Sprint) are experiencing delayed deliveries of their phones. There's a difference.
    Not some, most of T-Mobile's customers will not receive their phone on time.

Redefine the word if you wish, guess that's your personal prerogative. But the LAUNCH party was last night, and some T-Mobile customers are using their S3's right this very moment. Can't happen before its LAUNCHED!
    Please learn how these things work. This device has not had a mass-market launch yet. If you can't walk into your local T-Mobile store and have the opportunity to purchase one, it hasn't launched.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2
    06-21-2012 09:50 PM
    You sound ridiculous. You should have deleted that entire post before hitting submit.

Someone clearly is having trouble with the English language. There are T-Mobile customers talking on the T-Mobile network as I type this, with their S3's. They couldn't do that if the phone hadn't been launched.

On the other hand, SOME T-Mobile customers (like AT&T & Sprint) are experiencing delayed deliveries of their phones. There's a difference.

Redefine the word if you wish, guess that's your personal prerogative. But the LAUNCH party was last night, and some T-Mobile customers are using their S3's right this very moment. Can't happen before its LAUNCHED!
    06-21-2012 10:46 PM
    You need to look up the definition of launch. Launch means it's available to the general public.
    06-22-2012 08:08 AM
    According to this new article the delay is being caused by the shortage of Qualcomm's Snapdragon's S4 chipset.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Verizon model is “successful already” ahead of release date | Pop Herald Technology News
    DAS likes this.
    06-22-2012 08:49 AM
    I was going to start a new thread but figured I'd just contribute to this one. It seems like Samsung just didn't make nearly enough. As an iPhone user waiting on the S III, I don't buy into the idea that demand is just that high. I've been a part of MANY iOS device launches where lines form for blocks in anticipation, where I saw nothing even remotely close for this device. Samsung is a massive company that should be better prepared for the launch of their flagship device in America and the truth is they weren't. Rather disappointing really. They're not giving me the best impression, even though I've been really satisfied with my Samsung 3D TV. Lets hope Thursday brings everyone waiting some good news :P
    06-25-2012 10:24 PM
    I was going to start a new thread but figured I'd just contribute to this one. It seems like Samsung just didn't make nearly enough. As an iPhone user waiting on the S III, I don't buy into the idea that demand is just that high. I've been a part of MANY iOS device launches where lines form for blocks in anticipation, where I saw nothing even remotely close for this device. Samsung is a massive company that should be better prepared for the launch of their flagship device in America and the truth is they weren't. Rather disappointing really. They're not giving me the best impression, even though I've been really satisfied with my Samsung 3D TV. Lets hope Thursday brings everyone waiting some good news :P
    Hard to say what the issue was, but I wouldn't read too much into it without some more facts. And don't take the lack of waiting lines as a lack of demand. This is 2012, seems everyone but the Apple fanbois have realized that there are more efficient ways of buying a product you want than to stand in a long line for several days. Of course, I may be forced to eat my words if/when the PS4/XBOX 720 or w/e come out, though I don't see consoles being nearly as big a deal as a flagship mobile launch these days.
    06-26-2012 02:18 AM
    According to this new article the delay is being caused by the shortage of Qualcomm's Snapdragon's S4 chipset.

Samsung Galaxy S3 Verizon model is successful already ahead of release date | Pop Herald Technology News

Bingo. TSMC manufacture qualcomm processors and they're having yield issue for 28nm.
    They also supply nvidia and ati and see how long they delayed their new products.
    They cant simply mass produce enough for everyone.
    06-26-2012 05:26 AM
    Nstead of exynos.
    It was expected when they decided to go with snapdragon s4 instead of exynos.Because they had shortage issue already at that time.
    Samsung supplied apple for their AP and apple is considering to move to tsmc where they had trouble mass producing 45nm for a year and now 28nm.
    06-26-2012 05:37 AM
58 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD