The Delay Conspiracy

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Tell urself that. When people are playing with their phones tomorrow I am sure it won't be a delay to them. When there is such a high demand for this phone Nd companies trying to manage their launch is not a delay in my book. If they said no orders ship until next week than that is delay to me.
If it makes you happy so be it. I won't waste my time in this thread.
Sent from my HTC One X using Tapatalk 2

It is delayed. Both sprint and T-Mobile have delayed their launches.

Sent from my DROID RAZR using Tapatalk 2

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
T-Mobile is launching in very small numbers (29 out of several hundred markets)

In very small numbers, huh? Its not just "29 out of several hundred markets" its the LARGEST 29, and those 29 in aggregate dwarf the remaining "several hundred."

Its still a delay.

Uhh, yeah. But you said its launching "in very small numbers" in 29 out of several hundred markets. THAT statement is totally bogus, because those 29 markets represent well over half of the total market.

Umm, if TMO is shipping phones to their 29 LARGEST markets on schedule, that's not a delayed LAUNCH, now is it?

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
When I ordered my 32gb from Sprint on the 5th at 3:02A.M Eastern ....I got a confirmation that I would receive my phone "before others get a glimpse on Thursday, June 21". :D

Now Sprint says the phone won't be in until next week at the earliest.... :eek:

I don't understand how you can think that is not a delay. :confused:

by your logic, if you won $10,000,000 in the lottery and they gave you $300 of it you would think "they paid me my money"....Um sure...some of it....what about the other $9,999,700?:mad:

My pre ordered phone is no more or less reliant then the rest of them. O:)

There should have been at least SOME stock of 32gb phones that they could send out, irregardless of how many were ordered. Yet, they haven't sent one and have had only the excuse of overwhelming demand. Well that's great for the numbers they didn't expect, but where are the phones they DID expect?

My problem isn't even the delay as much as the lack of communication from them.
I have said before, when I ordered my blue 32, they sent me a confirmation for a white 32. I understand mistakes happen, but I have not gotten an email from them since my initial order. They never sent anything to tell me they fixed the problem, it was up to me to keep going onto their site to check my status. Also, they have not sent an e-mail to tell me that there are delays. It was up to me to go onto forums like this one to find out about their shipment delay. If they want to avoid conspiracy, then be upfront about what is going on. tell the whole story, and communicate by every means possible...they are a PHONE company...why not give me a call to tell me about the delay?...or at least send me an email or a text...how hard is that in 2012?

I'd get a text if my bill was late:p

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
No doubt there is a delay, apparently at all carriers, of SHIPMENTS of some of the pre-orders. But I've seen confirmations of shipments, even pictures of phones already received today, from AT&T, TMO and Sprint. So the LAUNCH happened, but SHIPMENTS of some are delayed. Including mine, it appears, hoping for tomorrow or maybe Monday from AT&T. In the meantime, going to call them and leverage this SHIPMENT delay for a refund of the $36 activation fee and maybe the $50 difference between their price and Amazon's - as others have reported doing. I figure its a good tradeoff if I have to wait till Monday but get $86 in exchange. :)

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Uhh, yeah. But you said its launching "in very small numbers" in 29 out of several hundred markets. THAT statement is totally bogus, because those 29 markets represent well over half of the total market.

Umm, if TMO is shipping phones to their 29 LARGEST markets on schedule, that's not a delayed LAUNCH, now is it?

Can you walk into a store and buy it in every market where T-Mobile is active? No? Then its a delayed launch.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I don't blame Samsung, the carrier or the retailers for this delay. Delays happen.

In March of 2011 I wanted the iPad 2. Apple announced the device was shipping in 7 days. But by the time I went to preorder, just a few days later, the initial supply was scooped up, and the estimated shipping date for new orders was revised to 4-5 weeks (as was the in store availability). Unfortunately, at the time, I had already sold my original iPad because I thought I would have been able to pick up the new one right away, but was hit with the reality that demand sometimes exceeds supply.

As time went on the estimated shipping dates were revised downward, and within a month or so I could order a new iPad 2 with an estimated shipping date of 2-3 days. So blaming Samsung is no more fair than it would have been for me to blame Apple, At&t or Verizon.

Where I do agree with another poster is that the carriers should have communicated the situation much better. They should have either stopped taking preorders once their available supply had been exhausted and they could no longer honor the initial estimated shipping/delivery date, or as new orders came in over and above their available stock, give those customers a revised shipping/delivery date that was more in line with the reality of when the customer could expect to have their phone in hand.

The problem is that it appears the carriers kept taking preorders beyond their initial available stock, and never adjusted the estimated shipping/delivery date for people they had to know would fall outside the June 21 date.

hoovhartid

Feb 15, 2011
Visit site
I don't blame Samsung, the carrier or the retailers for this delay. Delays happen.

But by the time I went to preorder, just a few days later, the initial supply was scooped up, .

I see your point...and there isnt any point in getting all bent up about it...it is what it is...

however...this is a bit different.

I ordered within hours of the presale starting at 3:00AM...not a few days later....in this case...the initial supply wasn't delivered on time. It not that they sold out of it and we need to wait for more....they sold and have yet to deliver any of the 32gb supply.

Just to update tho as of 12:47PM today...I got this e-mail from Sprint;
SPRINT said:
Thanks again for pre-ordering the new Samsung Galaxy S III from Sprint.

Due to overwhelming demand for Galaxy S III worldwide, Samsung has informed us they will not be able to deliver enough inventory for Sprint to fulfill pre-orders on June 21. We are working closely with Samsung on a delivery schedule and hope to begin shipping pre-orders for the 32GB version next week as we receive inventory. We apologize for any inconvenience. To check the status of your pre-order, please visit sprint.com/myorder.

Sprint will maintain the promise for the pre-order customers that they will be among the first to receive their Samsung Galaxy S III phones. To access the latest news and device information, visit our Sprint Community where we will provide updates as soon as they are available.

DAS

Feb 9, 2011
Visit site
I see your point...and there isnt any point in getting all bent up about it...it is what it is...

however...this is a bit different.

I ordered within hours of the presale starting at 3:00AM...not a few days later....in this case...the initial supply wasn't delivered on time. It not that they sold out of it and we need to wait for more....they sold and have yet to deliver any of the 32gb supply.

Just to update tho as of 12:47PM today...I got this e-mail from Sprint;

In your case it appears, based on the email you shared, they never actually had any 32gb models in their available stock, and were taking pre-orders with the hope they would get some by June21? Because in one of your other post I believe I read that Sprint has not shipped ANY 32gb models?

IMO, that should never happen! I have always gone under the assumption that carriers buy phones from the OEM, have what they believe they'll need in stock, and then take preorders based on that available stock.

In this case it seems that did not happen? On the surface it seems Sprint and possibly At&t had no available stock; but opened up preorders from the customers; and then later placed their order (based on those preorders) to Samsung. Unfortunately, Samsung could not meet what the carrier needed, and only sent what they had available, and therefore, that's all that was shipped out. Now the carriers are waiting for the rest of phones they need from Samsung. Which is why those that preordered will get them before they make them available to the retail outlets.

This is not the way I ever imagined this process worked. I always believed that the carrier ordered ahead of time, and only sold what they actually had in their warehouse. I now believe this assumption is grossly incorrect.

DallasFlier

Jun 16, 2012
Visit site
Can you walk into a store and buy it in every market where T-Mobile is active? No? Then its a delayed launch.

Someone clearly is having trouble with the English language. There are T-Mobile customers talking on the T-Mobile network as I type this, with their S3's. They couldn't do that if the phone hadn't been launched.

On the other hand, SOME T-Mobile customers (like AT&T & Sprint) are experiencing delayed deliveries of their phones. There's a difference.

launch to me means when it is officially on sale and available in the stores.

Redefine the word if you wish, guess that's your personal prerogative. But the LAUNCH party was last night, and some T-Mobile customers are using their S3's right this very moment. Can't happen before its LAUNCHED!

JHBThree

Feb 15, 2012
Visit site
Someone clearly is having trouble with the English language. There are T-Mobile customers talking on the T-Mobile network as I type this, with their S3's. They couldn't do that if the phone hadn't been launched.

The phone has not launched. Call it a soft launch, whatever you want, but if it isn't available in every T-Mobile location it is not a true launch.

On the other hand, SOME T-Mobile customers (like AT&T & Sprint) are experiencing delayed deliveries of their phones. There's a difference.
Not some, most of T-Mobile's customers will not receive their phone on time.

Redefine the word if you wish, guess that's your personal prerogative. But the LAUNCH party was last night, and some T-Mobile customers are using their S3's right this very moment. Can't happen before its LAUNCHED!

Please learn how these things work. This device has not had a mass-market launch yet. If you can't walk into your local T-Mobile store and have the opportunity to purchase one, it hasn't launched.

allanmclovin

Nov 15, 2009
Visit site
You sound ridiculous. You should have deleted that entire post before hitting submit.

XChrisX

Jun 24, 2012
Visit site
I was going to start a new thread but figured I'd just contribute to this one. It seems like Samsung just didn't make nearly enough. As an iPhone user waiting on the S III, I don't buy into the idea that demand is just that high. I've been a part of MANY iOS device launches where lines form for blocks in anticipation, where I saw nothing even remotely close for this device. Samsung is a massive company that should be better prepared for the launch of their flagship device in America and the truth is they weren't. Rather disappointing really. They're not giving me the best impression, even though I've been really satisfied with my Samsung 3D TV. Lets hope Thursday brings everyone waiting some good news :p

Cruiserdude

Apr 15, 2011
Visit site
I was going to start a new thread but figured I'd just contribute to this one. It seems like Samsung just didn't make nearly enough. As an iPhone user waiting on the S III, I don't buy into the idea that demand is just that high. I've been a part of MANY iOS device launches where lines form for blocks in anticipation, where I saw nothing even remotely close for this device. Samsung is a massive company that should be better prepared for the launch of their flagship device in America and the truth is they weren't. Rather disappointing really. They're not giving me the best impression, even though I've been really satisfied with my Samsung 3D TV. Lets hope Thursday brings everyone waiting some good news :p

Hard to say what the issue was, but I wouldn't read too much into it without some more facts. And don't take the lack of waiting lines as a lack of demand. This is 2012, seems everyone but the Apple fanbois have realized that there are more efficient ways of buying a product you want than to stand in a long line for several days. Of course, I may be forced to eat my words if/when the PS4/XBOX 720 or w/e come out, though I don't see consoles being nearly as big a deal as a flagship mobile launch these days.

jamisont

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site

jamisont

Dec 16, 2011
Visit site
Nstead of exynos.

It was expected when they decided to go with snapdragon s4 instead of exynos.Because they had shortage issue already at that time.
Samsung supplied apple for their AP and apple is considering to move to tsmc where they had trouble mass producing 45nm for a year and now 28nm.