Samsung Galaxy S III for AT&T: impressions and benchmarks | The Verge
    Samsung Galaxy S III for Sprint: impressions and benchmarks | The Verge

First big tech blog to have a US model, as far as I know. Benchmarks aren't mindboggling, but hopefully it won't matter.
    hounddogdaddy likes this.
    06-19-2012 11:10 PM
    I was hoping the S4 would have better performance for being a newer gen chip, and longer battery life, but it looks like the international version is the best in all areas, esp the gpu.
    06-19-2012 11:36 PM
    No clue what any of that crap means. And saying that my Palm Pre is clocked somewhere in between 500-800Mhz I think I'll be satisfied with the benchmarks of my GS3 lol
    06-20-2012 01:52 AM
    No clue what any of that crap means. And saying that my Palm Pre is clocked somewhere in between 500-800Mhz I think I'll be satisfied with the benchmarks of my GS3 lol
    All those benchmarks kill what a galaxy s2 can do, and the gs2 makes a palm pre look like a....well, fill in any term you want....

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    06-20-2012 04:41 AM
    Man, that would be tough to still be living with the Pre. My wife is temporarily running my old Pre+ (until I get the GSIII and hand down my Droid 3.)

Even overclocked to 1Ghz with Uberkernal it is a dog.

-Suntan
    06-20-2012 07:29 AM
    They posted scores, not benchmarks. Does anyone know what the standard score an S3 should get on performance tests?

Google "Define Benchmark"

benchmark/ˈbenCHˌmrk/

Noun: A standard or point of reference against which things may be compared or assessed.

Verb: Evaluate or check (something) by comparison with a standard: "we are benchmarking our performance against external criteria".
    06-20-2012 08:14 AM
    Benchmarks/scores how I love to laugh at them.

Lets face it everyone, you have one of the two fastest phones in the US to date right here...

HTC One and its US variants and the SGSIII...

Benchmarks are not needed other than to say its gonna be one fast device
    06-20-2012 08:21 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD