06-20-2012 04:03 AM
    A couple of things I have noticed after watching all these reviews.

1. Despite what the Sprint lady told me and what it says on their website, it does seem to come with headphones.

2. The Sprint version can toggle mobile networks to CDMA only, CDMA LTE which is a great battery saver for those of us who will wait a while yet until LTE shows up.

3. In the Video player, the videos previews are not animated as they are in the international version.

Lets hope all my games work with it!
    06-20-2012 04:10 AM
    Just a few I found....

Yeah. 4:00 AM...I have work tomorrow, and this is what I do! LOL
    Yeah. You missed a couple. I fixed your post.
    06-20-2012 07:19 AM
    06-20-2012 07:33 AM
    No love for phonedog? Aaron has an in depth 3 part review, plus he's ~10 days into a 30 day review where he's posting updates from time to time.
    BostonBeats88 likes this.
    06-20-2012 07:52 AM

3. In the Video player, the videos previews are not animated as they are in the international version.

Lets hope all my games work with it!
    crap, i really liked that feature
    06-20-2012 08:01 AM
    Yeah. You missed a couple. I fixed your post.
    Sorry phil, just expected everyone to have seen yours already before they search on for more to satisfy their craving for onscreen time of their new beloved future device.

By the way, was I right about my 3 observations?

Sent from my SPH-D710 using Android Central Forums
    06-20-2012 08:39 AM
    No love for phonedog? Aaron has an in depth 3 part review, plus he's ~10 days into a 30 day review where he's posting updates from time to time.
    Someone had made a post about that one already, and yeah, I just forgot, it was 4 am after all.

06-20-2012 08:40 AM
    I want to see more information about radio performance and GPS performance. Those will be deal breakers. Having the S1 Epic and my wife's S2 Epic Touch (Sprint) they have had alot of GPS issue's and especially on my S1 poor reception issue's.

The only comment I've read in like 4 reviews I've gone through so far is "working as advertised"
    06-20-2012 10:10 AM
    Played with the s3 at Samsung invite event gps locked on in 4 secs

06-20-2012 10:21 AM
    What irks me is that some rave about the screen and others seem to ding it pretty hard. Espcially when comparing it to the One X. Im coming from a very sharp display on the HTC Rezound. Im hoping the SG3 Display will impress me.
    06-20-2012 11:09 AM
    Damn Verizon and their sluggish launches of new phones!
    06-20-2012 11:31 AM
    Anandtech's are also up for those who like lots of comparisons to other devices and other technical details: AnandTech - Samsung Galaxy S III Review - AT&T and T-Mobile USA Variants
    nate44 likes this.
    06-20-2012 12:45 PM
    Anandtech's are also up for those who like lots of comparisons to other devices and other technical details: AnandTech - Samsung Galaxy S III Review - AT&T and T-Mobile USA Variants
    The best review site IMHO, but AC is a close second!
    06-20-2012 01:15 PM
    Did anyone find the "Verizon" review yet? I know everyone says it's the same as the other companies. just in case something is different.
    06-20-2012 02:29 PM
    Anybody noticing that there seems to be conflicting results regarding battery life? Some are saying on LTE that the battery is fine, others make it sound like it's a problem.

Think they are exaggerating? Perhaps they are not in an area with a steady LTE connection and it's moving back and forth? This troubles me. Hmmmm.
    06-20-2012 02:30 PM
    Anybody noticing that there seems to be conflicting results regarding battery life? Some are saying on LTE that the battery is fine, others make it sound like it's a problem.

Think they are exaggerating? Perhaps they are not in an area with a steady LTE connection and it's moving back and forth? This troubles me. Hmmmm.
    No two battery tests are going to be the same since there's way too many factors to account for. Only way to know about the battery is to actually have it in your hand.
    06-20-2012 02:45 PM
    This is a very good review with lots of info. Some of the reviews were sloppy, full of incorrect specs, and very biased.
    06-20-2012 03:57 PM
    I go to AC for a good opinoin about the phone in general. I go to Anandtech for a good rundown of the technical side of things.

-Suntan
    06-20-2012 04:19 PM
    No two battery tests are going to be the same since there's way too many factors to account for. Only way to know about the battery is to actually have it in your hand.

True dat.

I wish reviewers would be more specific under the circumstances they tested the phone when making blanket statements like, "battery life is disappointing". Let us know what the screen was set at, what they had syncing, etc.
    06-20-2012 04:22 PM
    I hate it when they say that calls were crystal clear, no dropped calls, reliable connection, and right after that say that the radios were "so so". Uh... Based on what, looking at the signal bars?

ttrimmer likes this.
    06-20-2012 04:55 PM
    Did anyone find the "Verizon" review yet? I know everyone says it's the same as the other companies. just in case something is different.
    Since the phone isn't available yet no one has had the opportunity to review.
    06-21-2012 09:13 AM
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD